Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Bootcamp was amaaaazing. SO happy to be back at it. Got some more 'before' pics taken, and will have an 'after' taken after this 8 week challenge is over, which I'll post here if I have lost enough weight. :pac:

Ended up feeling so great after class that myself, my sister and my friend all immediately went for an hour long power walk. :pac:

No doubt I'll be dying tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Bootcamp was amaaaazing. SO happy to be back at it. Got some more 'before' pics taken, and will have an 'after' taken after this 8 week challenge is over, which I'll post here if I have lost enough weight. :pac:

Ended up feeling so great after class that myself, my sister and my friend all immediately went for an hour long power walk. :pac:

Had a bit of a "lazy" february myself back with a bang now again!!

going spinning in the morning........ gulp :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

gregers85 wrote: »
    Had a bit of a "lazy" february myself back with a bang now again!!

going spinning in the morning........ gulp :P

Likewise, the bike has been taken out of storage, just going to do a small 10k spin tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nice one Lyn, fair play! Did 90 minutes myself tonight. Just did triceps, biceps and shoulders. I'll do some sledgehammer training and a 5km tomorrow. Or at least that's the plan.

Just had a look on Netflix and they've added a few more movies. Watching Rainman now, haven't seen it in years. I hate Cruise but Hoffman is amazing in it.

P_1 wrote: »
    Likewise, the bike has been taken out of storage, just going to do a small 10k spin tomorrow.

myself nd the OH wen to killarney at the weekend - cycled the gap of dunloe!! hills where a bitch but was really enjoyable!!! def gonna do more cycling this summer!

• Advertisement

myself nd the OH wen to killarney at the weekend - cycled the gap of dunloe!! hills where a bitch but was really enjoyable!!! def gonna do more cycling this summer!

Feck that sounds like a savage cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

i will not sy we were robbed,madrid might of won but the red card was a decision that ruined the tie

Arawn wrote: »
    i will not sy we were robbed,madrid might of won but the red card was a decision that ruined the tie

Very strange decision to say the least

Feck that sounds like a savage cycle

yeh was great tbh! just looking it up there its 11 km (22 there an back haha) and climbs to 200m!! we did about three-quarters the length and the misses was goosed so headed back to kate kearneys for a well deserved bit of lunch haha

yeh was great tbh! just looking it up there its 11 km (22 there an back haha) and climbs to 200m!! we did about three-quarters the length and the misses was goosed so headed back to kate kearneys for a well deserved bit of lunch haha

The climbs were probably the killer with that one I'd say

• Advertisement

@PKM - ugh, I hate tricep work. Probably explains why my calves are rock solid, I have plenty of bicep muscle tone, but nothing but flab for my triceps. :pac:

Fair play, bet you feel great working out again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I just watched the official Ironman 3 trailer.

VVVMy exact reaction:
    tumblr_inline_mj7iqiiRgW1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

About a year ago my mates done a mizen to malin head cycle for charity, I done support driver for it took the lazy way out :pac: but on the first day they done molls gap cycling about 190k I was knackered just looking at them, was a great trip though savage craic along the way, think they raised over 5k for imnda :) would love to do it again maybe this time I'd even cycle. :cool:

@ mchubbin that trailer looks epic can't wait to see it now.

Epic

i8k5iClMLYwLO.gif

@PKM - ugh, I hate tricep work. Probably explains why my calves are rock solid, I have plenty of bicep muscle tone, but nothing but flab for my triceps. :pac:

Fair play, bet you feel great working out again! :)

Yeah I do. It'll take a while to get back to the level I was at but I'll get there. As for triceps, dips are pretty good for it if you can't use a tricep bar or weights. ;)
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I just watched the official Ironman 3 trailer.

Just watched it myself, looks darker than the others, looks class actually!

Yeah I
    do. It'll take a while to get back to the level I was at but I'll get
    there. As for triceps, dips are pretty good for it if you can't use a
    tricep bar or weights. ;)

Just watched it myself, looks darker than the others, looks class
    actually!

Ah, I can do weights and all, I do fifty tricep curls with a 12kg kettle bell twice a day, four times a week, but I bloody hate it! I spend less time on my triceps than any other body part, because I hate them so much. :pac:

You'll get back to full strength soon enough, it's mad how fast you get back into it. :)

Ah, I can do weights and all, I do fifty tricep curls with a 12kg kettle bell twice a day, four times a week, but I bloody hate it! I spend less time on my triceps than any other body part, because I hate them so much. :pac:

Jeez, that's a lot, fair play. But yeah, I'm the same with my legs. Hate doing squats and lunges and tend to skip sometimes although I know I shouldn't. But it's hard and my knees hurt. :o
    You'll get back to full strength soon enough, it's mad how fast you get back into it. :)

Yeah I hope so. After last night, I know I need to add on more weight for tricep curls and for 21's (biceps) it was a bit easy in fairness.

Busy morning, nice 5k cycle and driving test and pretests sorted.

I feel strangely productive :eek:

I'm the opposite to you, pkm. I bloody love lunges and squats. :)

Best of luck with the driving test, p_1, I'm sure you'll fly through it. :)

I'm in town shopping for my friend's birthday present. I hate shopping. :mad:

Me likes a lot, this Jacob Pederson I love how he takes in so many different styles.

432076_10150529056117647_135723366_n.jpg

377971_10150378951547647_695970787_n.jpg

384053_10150478997072647_13388885_n.jpg

422251_10150957676262647_957423851_n.jpg

21799_10151141119442647_2087576001_n.jpg

557626_10151114621147647_1448200734_n.jpg

580913_10151100846707647_690396851_n.jpg

555048_10150961734147647_459230820_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Shopping done, present given to my friend (she loved it). now to go to the shops, get something to cook for dinner, then change out of my horribly tight jeans into a tracksuit, go for a run, then a swim, then relax. I'm enjoying this exercise thing far too much. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Ermergerd, that Mirror of Erisad tattoo is gorgeous! *___*

Lads, quick question for you, I'm not arsed making a new thread and it's a simple enough question.

Got a tatt done at the end of December (the 27th to be precise). All healed up and everything, but is in serious need of a touch up. It looks fine, all of the coloured ink looks good, but a good 80% of the black ink is badly faded or even disappeared in spots.

Now, when I was in getting it done, there was a woman waiting on a touch up after me, and the artist working on me was saying that they usually charge for touch ups, especially as this woman had admitted to not healing it correctly, which would account for the amount of touching up she needed (quite a bit!).

Thing is, I healed mine properly, I know full well how to heal a tattoo correctly, but almost all of the black ink parts need touching up, which is basically all of the outline and shading.

Since she said they usually charge for it, should I expect to be charged? I'm pretty sure most places do touch ups for free within a certain time period. I'm gonna go in and ask, but should I be insisting that it be free, as it's only a couple of months since I got it done?

If I'm gonna pay for it, I'll be asking another studio to fix it up, as I'd rather search for a place willing to work on another artist's tattoo and pay more for it. :pac:

Lads, quick question for you, I'm not arsed making a new thread and it's a simple enough question.

Got a tatt done at the end of December (the 27th to be precise). All healed up and everything, but is in serious need of a touch up. It looks fine, all of the coloured ink looks good, but a good 80% of the black ink is badly faded or even disappeared in spots.

Now, when I was in getting it done, there was a woman waiting on a touch up after me, and the artist working on me was saying that they usually charge for touch ups, especially as this woman had admitted to not healing it correctly, which would account for the amount of touching up she needed (quite a bit!).

Thing is, I healed mine properly, I know full well how to heal a tattoo correctly, but almost all of the black ink parts need touching up, which is basically all of the outline and shading.

Since she said they usually charge for it, should I expect to be charged? I'm pretty sure most places do touch ups for free within a certain time period. I'm gonna go in and ask, but should I be insisting that it be free, as it's only a couple of months since I got it done?

If I'm gonna pay for it, I'll be asking another studio to fix it up, as I'd rather search for a place willing to work on another artist's tattoo and pay more for it. :pac:

I guess if it's obvious that their fcuk up caused the need for a touch up then they should be the ones to pay for it. Having said that if it were me I wouldn't be going near them again if they managed to fcuk up in the first place.

I guess if it's obvious that their fcuk up caused the need for a touch up then they should be the ones to pay for it. Having said that if it were me I wouldn't be going near them again if they managed to fcuk up in the first place.

I can only assume it's their problem that caused it to need a touch up, as the coloured ink all looks fine, it's literally just the black ink. Where the shading is done is an extremely light grey colour (meant to be much darker) and the outline is faded in most places and disappeared in some! It healed fine and I've never, ever had to get a touch up before. I have a tatt that's 5 years old and has had plenty of sun exposure and is nowhere near needing a touch up yet!

I dunno about not trusting them. From what I can tell, in my limited experience, they just didn't go in deep enough with the black ink. If it's something as simple as that, I'd rather give them the opportunity to fix the issue, but if they want to charge me, I'll pay more to find somebody else to fix it for me.

It's not a huge issue, as the tatt looks fine tbh, but when you look closely at it, you can really see the lack of ink in places, which is annoying as I've never had an issue like that before. I'm just hoping to get it sorted before getting my next one.

So like, would I be within my rights to politely insist they do the touch up for free, because I'm 99% sure it's not my fault that it's so badly in need of a touch up!

I can only assume it's their problem that caused it to need a touch up, as the coloured ink all looks fine, it's literally just the black ink. Where the shading is done is an extremely light grey colour (meant to be much darker) and the outline is faded in most places and disappeared in some! It healed fine and I've never, ever had to get a touch up before. I have a tatt that's 5 years old and has had plenty of sun exposure and is nowhere near needing a touch up yet!

I dunno about not trusting them. From what I can tell, in my limited experience, they just didn't go in deep enough with the black ink. If it's something as simple as that, I'd rather give them the opportunity to fix the issue, but if they want to charge me, I'll pay more to find somebody else to fix it for me.

It's not a huge issue, as the tatt looks fine tbh, but when you look closely at it, you can really see the lack of ink in places, which is annoying as I've never had an issue like that before. I'm just hoping to get it sorted before getting my next one.

So like, would I be within my rights to politely insist they do the touch up for free, because I'm 99% sure it's not my fault that it's so badly in need of a touch up!

If it was their mistake then consumer law should have you covered. The only problem you might run into is proving or at least convincing them that it actually was their mistake.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Eso--did you use cling wrap this time and not on previous tattoos??

Thats a huge cause of ink pulling out of a tattoo.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Eso--did you use cling wrap this time and not on previous tattoos??

Thats a huge cause of ink pulling out of a tattoo.

I did use cling film, yeah, but I've used it on all of my tattoos, and they actually said I should use it, because I was going to leave it without after reading posts on here. The after-care instructions they gave me actually specifically state to use cling film. I obviously have no way of knowing for definite, but I'm assuming it's not the use of cling film that caused it, because it never caused it on any of my other tattoos. I literally healed this one the exact same way as all of my others (bar my first, I used feckin Vaseline on my first one! :pac: ).

I did use cling film, yeah, but I've used it on all of my tattoos, and they actually said I should use it, because I was going to leave it without after reading posts on here. The after-care instructions they gave me actually specifically state to use cling film. I obviously have no way of knowing for definite, but I'm assuming it's not the use of cling film that caused it, because it never caused it on any of my other tattoos. I literally healed this one the exact same way as all of my others (bar my first, I used feckin Vaseline on my first one! :pac: ).

No, no, no, no, no....I'm sorry, but no! As soon as the tatt is done, yes they wrap it cling film but it should be taken off after an hour (or a couple of hours) to let the air at it and let it heal.

As for the touch-up, the problem (I think) was that he didn't go deep enough or hard enough (snigger) so if the tatt is messed up because of something they did, then no, you shouldn't be charged. I'm probably way off, but what's to say they don't do this kind of thing intentionally, so people have to go back to them and pay to get touch ups done? I should hope not, but greed can be a nasty thing.

• Advertisement

No, no, no, no, no....I'm sorry, but no! As soon as the tatt is done, yes they wrap it cling film but it should be taken off after an hour (or a couple of hours) to let the air at it and let it heal.

As for the touch-up, the problem (I think) was that he didn't go deep enough or hard enough (snigger) so if the tatt is messed up because of something they did, then no, you shouldn't be charged. I'm probably way off, but what's to say they don't do this kind of thing intentionally, so people have to go back to them and pay to get touch ups done? I should hope not, but greed can be a nasty thing.

Scurrilous accusation :p

I can see the logic behind it though, as you said greed is a nasty thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement