Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Someone is a terrible troll. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    My mate just got this done in a place called Nemesis in Seaham, England. Can't believe how bold the colour work is, and it was done by an apprentice! :eek: Seriously in love with it right now.

That has to be Michelle Madisons work, she does incredible work for an apprentice, John Anderton runs that shop and is an amazing artist.

She does mostly that style but recently done her first realistic work a rose and I was blown away by it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

That has to be Michelle Madisons work, she does incredible work for an apprentice, John Anderton runs that shop and is an amazing artist.

She does mostly that style but recently done her first realistic work a rose and I was blown away by it :).

I follow John on Facebook! his stuff is unreal! i will def be makin it my busines to get tattoo'd by him!!

Pm me a link to the Facebook page please? :)

It was an apprentice who did it, so if she's the apprentice, then it was her work. She did another piece for my friend, who says the colour is still as bold as it looked in the 'fresh' photo.

Seriously want to go over and get something done by her during the summer, the colours are so bold. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That looks savage, might need regular touching up to keep the colour so vivid looking though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

there website here too

http://nemesistattoo.co.uk/

P_1 wrote: »
    That looks savage, might need regular touching up to keep the colour so vivid looking though

The other one she has by the same artist is still going strong more than a year later AFAIK. That said, I don't think anyone would mind getting touch ups to keep something looking that bold. :)

A mate of mine used to feck off to Thailand every year for a month and leave his car with me to look after. I had his permission to drive his car, provided I didn't go mad. One year it was a T-top MR2, the next year it was a Toyota Landcruiser (SWB), then a Mercedes convertible (can't remember the model) then a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, then a Merc CLK220 and finally a BMW 323ci. As much as I dislike BMW's, the 323ci was my favourite to drive...

Yeh I used to hate the German marquee brands myself but the more I look for something that meets what I want comfy leather interior and powerful it really just leaves them and Lexus and the Lexus styling doesn't tend to age well.

Pm me a link to the Facebook page please? :)

It was an apprentice who did it, so if she's the apprentice, then it was her work. She did another piece for my friend, who says the colour is still as bold as it looked in the 'fresh' photo.

Seriously want to go over and get something done by her during the summer, the colours are so bold. :)

Yep she's the apprentice in there her work is already amazing I'm sure she will only get better.

• Advertisement

Yep she's the apprentice in there her work is already amazing I'm sure she will only get better.

I've never considered getting work done by an apprentice before, but I'm rapidly considering the idea... :D

I've never considered getting work done by an apprentice before, but I'm rapidly considering the idea... :D

She's an apprentice with a long waiting list from what I can gather going by her Facebook.

She's an apprentice with a long waiting list from what I can gather going by her Facebook.

You just said that to me in a text, I don't need it repeated here, silly. :p

I'd imagine that kind of work is well worth the wait anyway. Once my birthday is over and done with, time to get saving. :D I have something I want done that I'd say she'd do really well. Had been considering Eimear Kearney for it when I eventually get the money together (I have others planned before the one I'm talking about now), but I like Michelle's work better tbh. :)

^ Get a room you two :P

^ Get a room you two :P

All I did was tell him to stop repeating himself!

I don't want to get a room with him, he smells. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm thinking of getting a nose ring/stud at some stage during the year but I don't know it it'll suit me or not. Can anyone recommend anywhere that does fake studs/clipon jewelery so I can try before I commit? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

A mate of mine used to feck off to Thailand every year for a month

if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a nose ring/stud at some stage during the year but I don't know it it'll suit me or not. Can anyone recommend anywhere that does fake studs/clipon jewelery so I can try before I commit? :/

Claire's Accessories do loads of clip on jewelry and magnetic jewelry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Sorry, don't mean to be rubbing it in your face. Just save like mad and get one in the summer. :) Thundercat eh? Something like one of these??

Could be kinda cool alright.

:cool:

I do like the bottom left one you quoted but I still think they're just too "same-y". I'd like to get my own little twist on it. Doodling away trying to figure what works. But I think my foxy vixen may take it's place instead :o Decisions, decisions, but I'm a long way off. Mr. Engel I shall be having first ;)
    Yeah I have heard some dodgy things about VW's alright but I just have this thing for German engineering (weird I know).

Really? Like what?

I only ask 'cos I drive a 95 Polo and honest to God, she has NEVER let me down. Now she's similiar to the vomit inducing old mans car :P in that she's not very aesthetically pleasing - paint job is a wreck - but she's the little engine that could. Never even caused an issue during the Big Freeze of 2010 :D. My father drives a Jeta and dear god but that thing has been through the mill and still going. Even has a fancy yellow starter button :pac:

FoxyVixen wrote: »

Really? Like what?

I only ask 'cos I drive a 95 Polo and honest to God, she has NEVER let me down. Now she's similiar to the vomit inducing old mans car :P in that she's not very aesthetically pleasing - paint job is a wreck - but she's the little engine that could. Never even caused an issue during the Big Freeze of 2010 :D. My father drives a Jeta and dear god but that thing has been through the mill and still going. Even has a fancy yellow starter button :pac:

Ah your driving an old school VW when they had good reliability nowadays German cars are really lagging behind Japanese cars in terms of reliability, well they always have but the gap has widened.

Im only actually just reading about it. It makes me glad I currently own a Honda but not so glad im looking at BMW's :o

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2013/0227/1224330562396.html

heres a thread on said article

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056891068

• Advertisement

Ah to be fair I'm looking at 99 and 00 Golfs mainly. They would hopefully still have been made in the heyday of Deutsch Effizienz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I've been following Michelle madisons stuff since stumbling across it last year, she is absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I need to not go near this place, keep discovering new artists but I highly doubt any of 'em use vegan ink. Michelle Madison's colours though...I may just contact and see if there is a possibility of her using vegan ink because I think she would be perfect for my next tattoo. A long waiting list isn't necessarily bad thing since I need time to save. I was going to use birthday money for my next tatt but I've decided to go for roller derby gear instead.

Stupid gits that sell different e-cigs pushed my counter into a wall in the center last night, so I did my back in moving it back into place. grr :mad:

How's everyone today?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm good, just tinkering with my new Pikachu 3DS now. Safe to say Paddy's day is gonna be the last time I'm going out for a while :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Adiboo wrote: »
    if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

PMSL!!! Well, after a few years of back and forth, he came home with a Thai bride half his age. 'Twas only a matter of time I suppose. :rolleyes:

How's everyone today?

Not bad. I DO really hate dumbasses and timewasters though. Stupid people are stupid. Do they really think I've nothing else to be doing??? :mad:

On another note, I was offered a 1999 Honda Civic in GREAT nick for €150. I smell a profit!!! :D There's an oul boy who is a customer, has the car in his driveway. It belongs to his son who fecked off to Aussie land a year ago and the car is sitting there since and the son isn't coming back. He just wants rid of it. Hmmmm.... :cool:

Stupid gits that sell different e-cigs pushed my counter into a wall in the center last night, so I did my back in moving it back into place. grr :mad:

How's everyone today?

Fecking arseholes. Competition for business is one thing but do that by convincing other people that your product is better than the other one, not by pushing their counters around or by wrecking their shop.

PMSL!!! Well, after a few years of back and forth, he came home with a Thai bride half his age. 'Twas only a matter of time I suppose. :rolleyes:

Not bad. I DO really hate dumbasses and timewasters though. Stupid people are stupid. Do they really think I've nothing else to be doing??? :mad:

On another note, I was offered a 1999 Honda Civic in GREAT nick for €150. I smell a profit!!! :D There's an oul boy who is a customer, has the car in his driveway. It belongs to his son who fecked off to Aussie land a year ago and the car is sitting there since and the son isn't coming back. He just wants rid of it. Hmmmm.... :cool:

If it ain't a lemon I could be tempted to offer you €300 for it, nice and easy 100% ROI for you there :pac:

Nice thats a no brainer really, even some the bog standard ones are still going for over a grand I'd bite his hand of for that if its in good nick, and who knows yeh might get lucky he might be clueless and selling ya a Type R which still go for quite a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

If it ain't a lemon I could be tempted to offer you €300 for it, nice and easy 100% ROI for you there :pac:

I'll know during the week. He said the battery is flat (understandably) and the tyres are deflated and it's manky. I reckon a quick service and a wash and polish, she'd be nice. I'll keep ya posted.

I was also offered a Nissan Terrano (2.7) 7 seater (full spec) for good money. Going to have a look at that next Friday. Watch this space... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement