Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'll know during the week. He said the battery is flat (understandably) and the tyres are deflated and it's manky. I reckon a quick service and a wash and polish, she'd be nice. I'll keep ya posted.

I was also offered a Nissan Terrano (2.7) 7 seater (full spec) for good money. Going to have a look at that next Friday. Watch this space... :D

Cheers man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nice thats a no brainer really, even some the bog standard ones are still going for over a grand I'd bite his hand of for that if its in good nick, and who knows yeh might get lucky he might be clueless and selling ya a Type R which still go for quite a few quid.

Nah, she's not a Type R. Standard 1.6, silver, super sound system in her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nah, she's not a Type R. Standard 1.6, silver, super sound system in her too.

Nice once she is clean and a good scrub will do , you will easily get over a grand for it and make yeh a nice little profit :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah to be fair I'm looking at 99 and 00 Golfs mainly. They would hopefully still have been made in the heyday of Deutsch Effizienz

Dont go near a MK IV Golf. I had one and it was a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nice once she is clean and a good scrub will do , you will easily get over a grand for it and make yeh a nice little profit :).

Yep. Worst case scenario, I'll keep it. The Mazda (1997 626) has served me well, but is nearing the end. 200,000 miles and on the button, but if I keep the Civic, I'm going up 2 years and it's cheaper to tax. Then I sell the Mazda and use the money to tax the Civic. :cool:

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Dont go near a MK IV Golf. I had one and it was a disaster.

He's right on this one it was known as one the most unreliable Golf's because they made so many changes from the previous generations Golf, were as the Golf today as VW put it is evolution not revolution a nice way of saying stagnated and dated :).

You really can't go wrong with a Civic like the PKM is looking at a really reliable car for starting off with.

He's right on this one it was known as one the most unreliable Golf's because they made so many changes from the previous generations Golf, were as the Golf today as VW put it is evolution not revolution a nice way of saying stagnated and dated :).

You really can't go wrong with a Civic like the PKM is looking at a really reliable car for starting off with.

That's the thing, I haven't got the slightest clue about cars really. I'm looking for one that won't cost me a bomb to
    1 - Buy
    2 - Insure
    3 - Run

Pretty picky to be fair :pac:

That's the thing, I haven't got the slightest clue about cars really. I'm looking for one that won't cost me a bomb to
    1 - Buy
    2 - Insure
    3 - Run

Pretty picky to be fair :pac:

Then you really can't go wrong with a Focus or any of the Japanese makes suchs as Toyota, Nissan or Honda.

Avoid Astra's also around 99 known for water pump failure and head gasket failure both of which happened to me and I found out later were common faults with them.

Then you really can't go wrong with a Focus or any of the Japanese makes suchs as Toyota, Nissan or Honda.

Avoid Astra's also around 99 known for water pump failure and head gasket failure both of which happened to me and I found out later were common faults with them.

Yeah, without sounding like a clueless idiot what should i be looking for that would cost me less then 200 a month to run

Yeah, without sounding like a clueless idiot what should i be looking for that would cost me less then 200 a month to run

There is no way really of knowing what it will cost ye monthly all depends on average mileage, wear and tear, servicing costs, tax etc. There not things you can really calculate before buying.

• Advertisement

There is no way really of knowing what it will cost ye monthly all depends on average mileage, wear and tear, servicing costs, tax etc. There not things you can really calculate before buying.

Yeah that was a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question.

I guess I should probably look at average MPG or something like that to get the closest idea of being able to predict running costs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

My 21st is tonight. I was excited all week but now im just nervouse no one will show up (already got one text from someone who's sick) or else I'll be waiting by myself for about an hour because no one is ever on time in Galway. I offered two friends a lift so there'd definitely be someone there besides myself but I've gotten no reply. Also I realise these are stupid things to worry about but I always get like this. It's why, when possible, I avoid organising things.

anyway enough rambling, back to studying for Spanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My 21st is
    tonight. I was excited all week but now im just nervouse no one will
    show up (already got one text from someone who's sick) or else I'll be
    waiting by myself for about an hour because no one is ever on time in
    Galway. I offered two friends a lift so there'd definitely be someone
    there besides myself but I've gotten no reply. Also I realise these are
    stupid things to worry about but I always get like this. It's why, when
    possible, I avoid organising things.

anyway enough rambling, back to studying for Spanish.

People won't fail to turn up for your 21st, relax! Forget about worrying and just focus on having a savage night. :)

feliz cumpleaños :)

Happy 21st Killer :).

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    People won't fail to turn up for your 21st, relax! Forget about worrying and just focus on having a savage night. :)

Oh I know im being a right tit but its always how I am over these things. Ill try. ;)
    feliz cumpleaños :)

Muchas gracias. :)
    Happy 21st Killer :).

Thanks Marty.

My actual birthday is Tuesday.

My Spanish study has devolved into dancing around my room to Spanish music. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ugh, i wanna get drunk but nobody is around :( Even the GF has fecked off to Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Woo! Happy 21st :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Have an awesome night Bananananana, don't worry about who will or won't turn up. I'll have a drink in your honour tonight :p

WTF if wrong with men these days I swear some of them are turning more feminine than women.

Had a chat with one the younger lads in work the other day was telling me how his mates all do sunbeds, blow dry there hair before they go out etc, then just saw some bloke on facebook getting his eyebrows waxed before a night out, would love to just give him a cop on slap :cool:.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Currently avoiding showering because our shower is broken and I'll either be scalded or frozen.
    WTF if wrong with men these days I swear some of them are turning more feminine than women.

Had a chat with one the younger lads in work the other day was telling me how his mates all do sunbeds, blow dry there hair before they go out etc, then just saw some bloke on facebook getting his eyebrows waxed before a night out, would love to just give him a cop on slap :cool:.

Is blowdrying your hair feminine? Obviously everyone is different and the fact I'm also attracted to girls probably affects this but I like to see lads taking care of themselves. I don't think I'd date someone who did sunbeds but only because I'm not really into tans. I do wish more lads would use moisturiser. Skin so dry it feels like sandpaper is not nice. Each to their own though.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Currently avoiding showering because our shower is broken and I'll either be scalded or frozen.

Is blowdrying your hair feminine? Obviously everyone is different and the fact I'm also attracted to girls probably affects this but I like to see lads taking care of themselves. I don't think I'd date someone who did sunbeds but only because I'm not really into tans. I do wish more lads would use moisturiser. Skin so dry it feels like sandpaper is not nice. Each to their own though.

:eek: I think I'd rather the frozen option.

Yeh well for me and most men I know blowdrying your hair would be a big no go, think about it most men have short enough hair that doesn't need the attention for blowdrying the blokes im talking about do it so they can get the perfect quif :rolleyes:. There is taking care of yourself as a man then there is sunbeds, waxing your eyebrows, chest etc in my opinion a man should be a man and never take longer than a woman to get ready for a night out.

I don't moisturise but nor do I have skin like sandpaper ;).

I dont think I could handle being around a bloke who uses moisturiser, waxes, uses sunbeds and all that lark. ffs, that's more than I bloody do and I look well groomed without all that crap. :pac:

Soap, water, a comb, a toothbrush, a razor and something to make you smell reasonably decent.

What more does a man need :pac:

Soap, water, a comb, a toothbrush, a razor and something to make you smell reasonably decent.

I don't even comb my hair have my fingers for that :pac:.

I don't even comb my hair have my fingers for that :pac:.

Now THAT'S lazy. :pac:

Don't most blokes just use their hands anyway?

If i didn't bother with a brush, I'd rip half my hair out anytime I ran my hands through it. damn curly hair, I have to brush it two or three times a day and straighten it every day. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My hair is long enough to justify blow drying it, I just don't usually bother anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

With my hubby, a rub of a wet facecloth is enough for the hair do.... Rarely shaves, hates dressing up, shower, clean jeans and t-shirt, splash of something smelly and he's good to go.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

A manly beard!

• Advertisement

Arawn wrote: »
    A manly beard!

Nooooooo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement