Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Howdy all. Jaysus I miss one night and have 8 pages to go through!! :pac: Had a buddy and his GF stay over last night, haven't seen him in 2 years. So there was a few beers, a Chinese and a Fr. Ted marathon!! :D

Re: grooming etc. I can't stand wussie boys with "styled/gelled" hair and sunbed tans. Jesus lads, grow a pair! On the other side, no need to not have a shower and within reason, look after yourself. I'll shower every day (twice if I've worked out), shave every 3 days but leave the "Hulk Hogan" :cool: I
    do in fairness use a moisturiser, but only after I shave. And at my age, I kinda have to! :pac: I think it's possible to have a balance.

On another note, 2 more sleeps to my new tattoo. He's emailing it to me today. YAY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

So there was a few beers, a Chinese and a Fr. Ted marathon!! :D

Can't bate a good Father Ted marathon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I
    do in fairness use a moisturiser, but only after I shave. And at my age, I kinda have to! :pac: I think it's possible to have a balance.
    I have really dry skin on my face, so I have to use moisturiser occasionally, or I end up looking like a horror movie reject

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Howdy all. Jaysus I miss one night and have 8 pages to go through!! :pac: Had a buddy and his GF stay over last night, haven't seen him in 2 years. So there was a few beers, a Chinese and a Fr. Ted marathon!! :D

Re: grooming etc. I can't stand wussie boys with "styled/gelled" hair and sunbed tans. Jesus lads, grow a pair! On the other side, no need to not have a shower and within reason, look after yourself. I'll shower every day (twice if I've worked out), shave every 3 days but leave the "Hulk Hogan" :cool: I

On another note, 2 more sleeps to my new tattoo. He's emailing it to me today. YAY!!!!

On the sunbed tans and all that lark agreed :).

Beers, chinese and Fr Ted sound like a good night. "I hear you're a racist now father"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Im not liking all this breast reduction talk, its feckin blasphemy.

So everyones on the beer I just dropped some my mates to the pub this non drinking lark is killing me roll on next weekend ill be a man on a mission drinking everything in site.

Oh and I dont grow a bread but mainly because after about a week of no shaving it irritates the crap out of me.
    Let it grow for 2. It doesn't itch and you will actually feel your manliness increase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

"I hear you're a racist now father"

"How'd you get into that sorta thing? Should we all be racists now? I'd like to devote myself full-time to the oul' racism but during the day I've got the farm, and in the evening I just like a cup of tea."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

From reading the thread I dunno if you'll be allowed to grow a beard Marty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Re make up and that, I wear foundation and eyeliner some days if I can be arsed to put it on. If I'm going out I wear lipstick or lipstain. Can't be bothered with anything else. My hair is dyed red since I dislike my natural brown. I used to want fake boobs but after hearing girl with big boobs complaining about this and that I'm happy to be an A.

Last night was very good. I don't think I made an arse of myself but then my mum says I left my shoes in the middle of the hall and I just noticed a scratch on my hand so I could be wrong. Waiting for someone to upload some photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i dont moisturise,never have,never will.that said i do have really girly soft skin anyway.a buddy once told me "men don't moisturise,they exfoliate"...ahem yeah sure

From reading the thread I dunno if you'll be allowed to grow a beard Marty :pac:

:pac::pac: you could be right on that one, maybe I'll grow one just to test the waters.

• Advertisement

i dont moisturise,never have,never will.that said i do have really girly soft skin anyway.a buddy once told me "men don't moisturise,they exfoliate"...ahem yeah sure

I'm in the same boat as yourself really, if I did get really dry skin then I probably would. But sunbeds etc is a million miles to far for me :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

:pac::pac: you could be right on that one, maybe I'll grow one just to test the waters.

The money I save on razors means I can buy you stuff/bring you for dinner/buy you more drinks/pay for tattoos.

Use whichever is appropriate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Arawn wrote: »
    The money I save
    on razors means I can buy you stuff/bring you for dinner/buy you more
    drinks/pay for tattoos.

Use whichever is appropriate

Pft, he can grow one if he likes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

On the whole moisturizing/ grooming thing.

Just do whatever it is that makes you feel good, it doesn't matter what other people think. Kinda the same logic you'd have with your tattoos

P_1 wrote: »
    On the whole moisturizing/ grooming thing.

Just do whatever it is that makes you feel good, it doesn't matter what other people think. Kinda the same logic you'd have with your tattoos

That's the main reason I have no issues with fellas going on sunbeds or any of that because if that's what makes them feel good in themselves what harm is it? If I'm allowed put on some lipstick when I go out because it makes me feel like I look nice than I think a fella should be allowed blowdry his hair. Just like I feel if a woman doesn't want to shave her armpits then she shouldn't have to. At the end of the day the way you look affects you more than anyone else and you should be allowed do what you want to feel happy with how you look.

That's the
    main reason I have no issues with fellas going on sunbeds or any of
    that because if that's what makes them feel good in themselves what harm is it? If I'm allowed put on some lipstick when I go out because it
    makes me feel like I look nice than I think a fella should be allowed
    blowdry his hair. Just like I feel if a woman doesn't want to shave her
    armpits then she shouldn't have to. At the end of the day the way you look affects you more than anyone else and you should be allowed do what you want to feel happy with how you look.

cancer.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    cancer.

Fair point, I'm not going to lie I had forgotten that. I meant more what harm is there in them doing things to feel good about how they look rather than sunbeds specifically but I did choose an awful awful example.

That's the main reason I have no issues with fellas going on sunbeds or any of that because if that's what makes them feel good in themselves what harm is it? If I'm allowed put on some lipstick when I go out because it makes me feel like I look nice than I think a fella should be allowed blowdry his hair. Just like I feel if a woman doesn't want to shave her armpits then she shouldn't have to. At the end of the day the way you look affects you more than anyone else and you should be allowed do what you want to feel happy with how you look.

This is all very true can't argue with it :) (although women with hairy armpits shudder :pac:) but we live in a world were like it or not, right or wrong we all judge each other and other will always judge us regardless.

I wont lie anytime I think of blokes doing sunbeds etc I just think of some the programme's like Jersey Shore and think twat I wont lie, we all suffer from some sort of vanity but keep it within reason ladies and gentlemen that goes for :).

Fair
    point, I'm not going to lie I had forgotten that. I meant more what harm
    is there in them doing things to feel good about how they look rather
    than sunbeds specifically but I did choose an awful awful
    example.

Haha, I had to argue with that one, just because it's so well documented about how sunbeds cause cancer. Tbh if a bloke feels happy with what he does to groom himself, fair enough, still wouldn't date one that takes longer than me to get ready for a night out.

This is all very true can't argue with it :) (although women with hairy armpits shudder :pac:) but we live in a world were like it or not, right or wrong we all judge each other and other will always judge us regardless.

I wont lie anytime I think of blokes doing sunbeds etc I just think of some the programme's like Jersey Shore and think twat I wont lie, we all suffer from some sort of vanity but keep it within reason ladies and gentlemen that goes for :).

Yeah, everybody has an opinion on anything. I guess at the end of the day the only opinion that really matters is your own.

• Advertisement

Last night was very good. I don't think I made an arse of myself but then my mum says I left my shoes in the middle of the hall and I just noticed a scratch on my hand so I could be wrong. Waiting for someone to upload some photos.

Don't be afraid to share when they do! :)

...we live in a world were like it or not, right or wrong we all judge each other and other will always judge us regardless.

And how!!! You wouldn't believe how many customers have told me (after a few weeks) that they were surprised to realise I'm "actually a nice bloke", cos I look "dangerous" and like "a thug". I asked (knowing the answer already) why did they think that. They said because I'm so tall, and the shaved head, and the piercings, but mainly because of the tattoos. Jeez, I thought it was 2013 and tattoos are normal and accepted!! Only last week I was in the OH's parents place. Her Dad had a go at me about the new tattoos because they're more visible than the others. He maintains that "only prisoners, sailors and scumbags have tattoos".

Ah, I'm still called a scumbag for having tattoos, I just let is go over my head. I look better with tattoos than without :)

So much drama in work today. caught the prick who moved our counter doing it again, only this time he damaged it by knowing lumps out of it in several places. I hurt my wrist putting it back in place and am now bandaged up. My owner came out and has arranged a meeting with the shopping centre manager, where he's presenting a bill for all of the damage. drama!

So much drama in work today. caught the prick who moved our counter doing it again, only this time he damaged it by knowing lumps out of it in several places. I hurt my wrist putting it back in place and am now bandaged up. My owner came out and has arranged a meeting with the shopping centre manager, where he's presenting a bill for all of the damage. drama!

FFS! Have some people nothing better to be doing???

And how!!! You wouldn't believe how many customers have told me (after a few weeks) that they were surprised to realise I'm "actually a nice bloke", cos I look "dangerous" and like "a thug". I asked (knowing the answer already) why did they think that. They said because I'm so tall, and the shaved head, and the piercings, but mainly because of the tattoos. Jeez, I thought it was 2013 and tattoos are normal and accepted!! Only last week I was in the OH's parents place. Her Dad had a go at me about the new tattoos because they're more visible than the others. He maintains that "only prisoners, sailors and scumbags have tattoos".

Ireland is still a ridiculously conservative country so those reactions are sadly still to be expected.
    Ah, I'm still called a scumbag for having tattoos, I just let is go over my head. I look better with tattoos than without :)

What a gobschite. That's like the owner of one pub going out and smashing up another one. The mind boggles

My wrist is still badly swollen 4 hours later. If I end up in the doctor, my boss is paying and presenting a bill for that too. :pac: As it is, the boss paid for a bandage and painkillers for me. I forgot how much I love codeine. :pac:

Don't be afraid to share when they do! :)

The ones from my own camera are all respectable...they stop fairly early on in the night though. :P

What a gob****e. Hope your wrist isn't too badly hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Lyn I'd say if you catch them again, tell them that next time you'll be calling the gardai. (even if you're bluffing :pac:)

Don't envy you having to put up with tossers like that.

Lyn I'd say if you catch them again, tell them that next time you'll be calling the gardai. (even if you're bluffing :pac:)

Don't envy you having to put up with tossers like that.

I'd say they're already on CCTV acting the maggot no harm in either getting the Guards involved or getting them kicked out of the shopping center

• Advertisement

They're on cctv and a security guard saw them doing it, too, and he spoke up for me to the shopping centre owner. the idiot who did it owns a competitor shop, so I assume they're just sick that I've got huge sales and they have very little. :pac:

If it happens again, I'll be calling the police cause it's criminal damage. Half hoping they do it just so I can call the police :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement