Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I hate working. Takes up all my time. Somebody needs to fund me a Phd, with extra living money to keep me fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Somebody pay me to do stuff. I want money.

I get paid to do stuff. It's a pretty good deal.

My dream is to get paid to do nothing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Jeez you were lucky!!

Nice one, get stuck in!! :pac:
    I know. I was sure my phone would be gone. Oh I have, dont you worry. That stained glass piece is not to my tastes but the talent behind it...
    FoxyVixen wrote: »
    @Melion, something in the air, got a job interview myself in Galway on Thursday ;). Bricking it, really need to get back into the rat race. Don't understand people who are happy on the dole for life :rolleyes:

I know the feeling. Going from working forty hours a week back to studying and no job, ugh. Missing Lanzarote a lot today. One of my friends suggested a meet up over the summer but I doubt I'll have the money. I didn't even like my job and the island is too damn small but I miss the people so much. 'Course all my friends were also on placement meaning we've all been scattered to every corner of the earth. :(

But enough of me whining good luck with your interview. Same to you Melion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Are you just in Ireland for a study semester Killer_banana? I think I must be one of the few Irish people that's never been to Lanzarote :)

At least you've got study to keep you occupied with no work. Doing a course myself to keep the brain ticking over but it's in no way as full on as a degree. If I get a job I can do a part time Masters - then this time next year I'll be b!tching I've no time to myself :)

• Advertisement

I was on placement in Lanzarote for six and a half months and now back here for this semester and my final year next year. Four years of study almost done and I think I might actually want be a piercer. Definitely not a hotel manager I know that much. Still a level 8 degree is a useful thing to have and if I ever want to do a masters it gives me an opportunity so that's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

haha i get paid to do what i love:D its fúckin brill:D

Rich11 wrote: »

I hate you. Also whats your job?

I hate you. Also whats your job?

haha hate u too <3:), chef, hours r ****e thats the only thing im not a fan of but not unsociable like everyone thinks, like theres ALWAYS someone wantin to go for ONE pint then that turn to two then nightclub, then suddenly your home at 4, n back in the next morning....its happened n its great craic:pac:

basicly the chef industary are a bunch of alco's:D

yea love it and the best bit............someone invented the kp's...........done it when i started n was wondering what i was getting into:rolleyes:

Are you just in Ireland for a study semester Killer_banana? I think I must be one of the few Irish people that's never been to Lanzarote :)

At least you've got study to keep you occupied with no work. Doing a course myself to keep the brain ticking over but it's in no way as full on as a degree. If I get a job I can do a part time Masters - then this time next year I'll be b!tching I've no time to myself :)

what!? you've never been to ballymun in the sun like wtf:D:pac:

• Advertisement

basicly the chef industary are a bunch of alco's:D

My brother's a chef...so yeah sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

Confucius (attrib).

I managed it too....

Well I know what my dream job is but writing's fecking hard to get into. Still I'm trying...

My brother's a chef...so yeah sounds about right.

haha yea im only in my 2nd chef job for a matter off weeks atm, worked in the first place for a lil over 4 years:eek: but were just as bad down here:P
    Well I know what my dream job is but writing's fecking hard to get into. Still I'm trying...

whats that?

watching the undateables atm on more4...........love it.....lil cringy at times but love it, no turrets guys in this one tho....they were cool!

Nobody works in my field cause they love it. Do it for the buckets of money while it slowly sucks away your personality and sense of humour.

I hate shows like the undateables. It's like, let's make a spectacle of people just trying to live a normal life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

What do you do Princess Peach?

I'm not quite sure what my long term plan is. I'm into photography but I don't know if I could do it as a career... Wedding photography wouldn't really be my thing. Studio work might be alright but boring. Thing is most photographers need to do a bit of everything to maintain a business, because there's so much competition around. I work in sales at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My hope for a career is games development. I'd love to be able to work with some company like Relic, Insomniac or Bioware.

Nobody works in my field cause they love it. Do it for the buckets of money while it slowly sucks away your personality and sense of humour.

I hate shows like the undateables. It's like, let's make a spectacle of people just trying to live a normal life.
    I feel exactly the same about radio prank phone calls.

I'm an accountant. It's a barrel of laughs everyday!

Ah I know of at least one person who enjoys accounting and the like. She plans on going into teaching though. I considered accounting for a while but without a calculator I'm hopeless so probably not for me. :P

Only one lecture into the day and the strap on my bag snaps. I live a half hour drive away and am meant to be int until five. :/ Actually bothered to buy what I thought was a good brand for once to avoid **** like this happening.

• Advertisement

So I'm starting a solid blackwork half(ish) sleeve in a few weeks. That's going to be owie. :(

anyone know of any good tattoo shops down here in galway city, wanted to get my half sleeve done that time n came close but didnt n moved over here, few ideas floating around in my head think its mostly cos i havnt got one in a few months:p you know yourselfs;)

anyone know of any good tattoo shops down here in galway city, wanted to get my half sleeve done that time n came close but didnt n moved over here, few ideas floating around in my head think its mostly cos i havnt got one in a few months:p you know yourselfs;)

AWOL. Got my tattoo done and got my tongue pierced there. Can't recommend them highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Adiboo wrote: »
    So I'm starting a solid blackwork half(ish) sleeve in a few weeks. That's going to be owie. :(

That's gonna be savage. Who's doing it?

Ink fingers, Awol & Galway Bay! Depends what style you're going for. There's a convention in September now so might be worth wating to see who's coming to that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Evening All. Been a while, hope everyone is getting on well.

It's a bit old but I saw this for the first time and it's awesome. Any fans of the punisher or violence need to watch this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Howdy all. Just home from an exhausting day of getting another tatt done. :pac: I stuck up a pic in the "Show me" thread. Plan for the rest of the night is to have a few beers in front of the telly. :D

That's gonna be savage. Who's doing it?

Getting it done down here in Tralee. Once it heals up and settles, Kay is gonna slice it up nice and good for me :)

Adiboo wrote: »
    Getting it done down here in Tralee. Once it heals up and settles, Kay is gonna slice it up nice and good for me :)
    Just out of curiosity, where is the parlour in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Denny M wrote: »
    My hope for a career is games development. I'd love to be able to work with some company like Relic, Insomniac or Bioware.

That would be pretty cool. My boyfriend wishes he went into something like that. Would you work on the character design and development part or the more "techy" side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That would be pretty cool. My boyfriend wishes he went into something like that. Would you work on the character design and development part or the more "techy" side.

Preferably the techy stuff, I'm not really good at art stuff, I tend to be a bit too literal :pac:

In other news, I think I'm ready for Paddy's day.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/268767/244796.jpg :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement