Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I smashed my favourite cup while taking it out to make tea :(

And just for a final kick, I didn't even have any teabags :(

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Hey guys :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Hey guys :P

Howya! How's your day? What ya up to now?

I'm watching Criminal Minds, which will be followed by Only Fools and Horses. Tomorrow, I hope to be changing the car.

How's everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Week off college so left Dublin back to the parents' house, been bored ever since :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Had a mostly quiet weekend getting some sitting and TV watching done. T'was pretty awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I hate unreasonably stubborn people. Sure, we could fly to Barcelona with Ryanair and save a few hundred quid but noooooo... Aer Lingus or nothing because "it has leg room, loike." Urgh. No amount of reasoning will work as they simply refuse to try and save a few quid on air fare. :C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

McChubbin wrote: »
    I hate unreasonably stubborn people. Sure, we could fly to Barcelona with Ryanair and save a few hundred quid but noooooo... Aer Lingus or nothing because "it has leg room, loike." Urgh. No amount of reasoning will work as they simply refuse to try and save a few quid on air fare. :C

As someone with long legs flying Ryanair is pretty uncomfortable. But as someone too poor to visit Barcelona and would really love to, €100 is worth some uncomfortable-ness. If someone was being that stubborn I would probably just tell them they can fly Aer Lingus and I would fly Ryanair.

McChubbin wrote: »

Fecking eejits have they never heard of wing seats. Plus I think if it's less then a three hour flight then comfort can take a backseat to cost. Unless they're a fair bit over 6 foot.

I can't sleep and it's a pain in the hole. The amount of time that I spend trying to go to sleep and trying to wake up is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Orim wrote: »
    Fecking eejits have they never heard of wing seats. Plus I think if it's less then a three hour flight then comfort can take a backseat to cost. Unless they're a fair bit over 6 foot.

I can't sleep and it's a pain in the hole. The amount of time that I spend trying to go to sleep and trying to wake up is ridiculous.

I hear ya. I'm a part-time insomniac. Sometimes I can sleep fine, and others I just lie there for days on end. I've actually found nightnurse to be magic when I really, really need to sleep. Taking two capsules makes it impossible to get up the next day, but one seems to do the trick. I'd like to think it's not as bad as taking sleeping tablets, and I only do it every so often :o

Spent all of last week not being able to sleep, took a nightnurse on Friday night and have been back on track since, thankfully. Sometimes I think you just need to break the cycle.

Nightnurse, you say? I may give it a shot. I've tried most other things bar sleeping pills so it can't hurt.

Got a lovely burning feeling in the eyeballs at the moment. Tis great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

back to work today!! christ above im hanging!! roll on 5:30 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just awake from a nice 11 hour sleep finally on the mend but only a lil bit can feel this will take a three to four days to feel normal again.

On the flight to Barcelona I flew Ryanair and im 6ft and will say its really not that bad the flight is short enough for it to be bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just awake from a nice 11 hour sleep finally on the mend but only a lil bit can feel this will take a three to four days to feel normal again.

That's the old age catching up to you :p

Adiboo wrote: »
    That's the old age catching up to you :p

:pac: :pac: cheeky fcuker :p possibly though but also the fact I honestly don't think I was sober once the whole weekend only finally sobered up on the flight home, that and my stomach and food requirements getting neglected in place of alcohol intake :o.

Me likes a lot :), id be lost without facebook for perving on tattoos.

382346_475856229135846_1878283024_n.jpg

307890_410896175631852_213605635_n.jpg

375869_404431032945033_595278221_n.jpg

734677_461481107240025_561820980_n.jpg

603307_413063272081809_1475739062_n.jpg

533238_396414697080000_1566361161_n.jpg

cool stuff!!! really like the one of boba fett in the top hat!!

who's the artist?

gregers85 wrote: »
    who's the artist?

Sorry brain still not fully functioning :o, its Lukasz Bam Kaczmarek.

Linkage

http://www.facebook.com/getbambam?ref=ts&fref=ts

Found something to match Lyn's Batman's cardigan! :pac: :P

245547.jpg

You're not at all how I pictured you :pac:

That classy Boba Fett is amazing. I'll have to check that guy out when I get home.

• Advertisement

I love the name of the pic "Jaysus" haha brill :pac:

Orim wrote: »
    You're not at all how I pictured you :pac:

Nah, my ass isn't that big! :P :pac:
    gregers85 wrote: »
    I love the name of the pic "Jaysus" haha brill

Aye, I thought it was very apt. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haha! My OH has those leggings, had to double take to make sure it wasn't her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Fcuk the RSA and the driving instructor I wasted hundreds on. Not in a good mood at the moment :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

P_1 wrote: »
    Fcuk the RSA and the driving instructor I wasted hundreds on. Not in a good mood at the moment :mad:

Just relax and unwind for the rest of the day. I only got it on my third try. You'll get there!

Just relax and unwind for the rest of the day. I only got it on my third try. You'll get there!

Cheers man, I'm just annoyed because 4 of the faults that I got (the difference between a pass and a fail and 85 lids in my pocket) were down to me following the advice I got from the instructor and not following my instinct.

I'm also fairly annoyed that I have to wait 3 weeks to have another go at it.

P_1 wrote: »

Sorry to hear :(, what did you fail on? It took me two attempts and failed my first attempt due to not knowing stupid hand signals.

Chill out watch a comedy or something and unwind like Damo said.

Sorry to hear :(, what did you fail on? It took me two attempts and failed my first attempt due to not knowing stupid hand signals.

Chill out watch a comedy or something and unwind like Damo said.

A point each on the reverse around the corner and the 3 point turn. (Fair enough my mistakes).

A few points on positioning (the instructor had me going down the wrong lane on a one way street which cost me one and he had me doing this stupid exaggerated head movement for observation on roundabouts that cost me another).

A point on gears (the instructor had me going down a particular stretch in 3rd which I usually do in 4th, which cost me one).

A few points on clutch control (the instructor had me stopping at a pedestrian crossing on a hill even though there were no pedestrians crossing which made me do an unneeded hill start which cost me another point) .

All in all 12 grade 2's, 4 of which I wouldn't have got if I did things my way in 4 different situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sometimes, the instructors can be a bit out of date with what should be done, to be perfectly honest! I'd recommend doing a quick look around (even here on Boards) to see if there are any instructors that are particularly recommended for pre-test lessons. By the sound of it, a little polish and you'll be laughing.

I failed the first time because I simply wasn't ready. 2nd time they had me reverse round the most awkward corner in the world, which is initially sharp, then eases off, then is sharp again. My back tyre went up on the kerb at the second sharp bit because I misjudged it, and I failed on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Very few people get it the first times. My mother did two or three tests in the last year (she's not a rubbish driver but it still trying to get her confidence back after a bad accident seven years ago). It's annoying your driving instructor gave you bad advice but at least now you know it's bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement