Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Orim wrote: »
    Well that was interesting. The rolling boxs all over the house was great. Just kicking the hard stuff.

Fair play to them, especially the guy that works (owns?) the shop now. Situation they were in, I assume anything is better.

What was with the pronouncation of Janet though? Did my head in.

There is a fair amount of evidence (mainly from studies in Switzerland) that cannabis is a fairly succesful exit drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

What is this comicon Dublin? Is it an annual thing or wha. Any famous peoples?

I wanna cosplay!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    My sister had it a week so hoping to God it's gone by the weekend. We can be sicky sisters :)

@Marty, I've an American Akita - she is my heart and soul :) The OH knows fine well how much more I love her to him :pac:

I told my boyfriend I love him almost as much as my dawg. He said its more than he ever hoped for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

legspin wrote: »
    There is a fair amount of evidence (mainly from studies in Switzerland) that cannabis is a fairly succesful exit drug.

I can well believe it, just find it funny. Reminds of a Dennis Leary joke when rehab meant giving up whiskey and coke for beer and weed.
    What is this comicon Dublin? Is it an annual thing or wha. Any famous peoples?

I wanna cosplay!!

Tis an annual thing but it's kind of small and somethimes they miss years if I remember. It's supposed to be pretty good but I've never managed to make it.

Of course if you just want to cosplay then you could always head to one of the anime/gaming cons. Always packed wth cosplayers but I guess it depends on who you want to go as.

I wanna go to a good one. I need moneeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only cons I've really gone to are Eirtakon in DCU and Amumakon in Galway. Pretty fun, though I was mainly there for the pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Never been to a Con but I've been to GamesWorkshop Gamesday.
    Cosplay just aint the same there.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    Saw this on Broadsheet this evening.

While I appreciate the sentiment an' all - tattooing yerself in yer bedroom smokin' a rolly with the dog running about probably isn't the brightest idea.

http://vimeo.com/61617991

That was interesting, nice sentiment and story and nice to see one them taking the right route and working/owning a shop and really getting into it.

But on the negative all the home tattoo's been shown and done.

Cheers for the link.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good things do happen, looks like My Chemical Romance have broken up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Denny M wrote: »

They were still together? Haven't heard anything about them in yonks.

reminds me that I have to get my Lamb of God ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Aww I kinda liked them :( though they're not very interactive with the crowd at a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Aww I kinda liked them :( though they're not very interactive with the crowd at a gig.

I was kind of into them in my early teens, not so much now. Yeah I know someone who was a huge fan of them and she was really put off but how little they interacted with the crowd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

600428_510647845639597_44572561_n.jpg

Just popped up on my facebook news feed, done by he whose name we cannot mention :rolleyes: Amazing piece.

Melion wrote: »

done by he whose name we cannot mention :rolleyes: Amazing piece.

Let it go man let it go ;), Im sure your allowed say his name :) :cool:.

Was talking to the mother today and when it came up I was getting more tattoo work done the usual rant came out how about I'm ruining my body and its not how nature intended etc surpising how she banged on how about how nature intended my body to be said she with the dyed hair, jewellery, wearing glasses etc :pac:.

Also got myself a blender made my first ever homemade smoothie with some whey protein it was delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Howdy all, what's the story? Was wrecked (and soaked) last night when I came home so didn't bother logging in. Today I just gave the car another bit of a clean and just now, booked tickets for a one-off, one-showing screening of I, Superbiker: Day of Reckoning for Monday night!! WOOOOO!!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Arawn wrote: »
    Ah getting inked by former junkies. Things I don't want to do ever.

Why??

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest if their work was up to it.

Ive worked with plenty of ex-junkies--As a matter of fact Ive given a few of them work experience and honestly once they are off the heavy stuff they are no different than you or me.

Ex junkies need a bit of a break...heroin addiction can happen to anyone from any social class..

Where I grew up 10 lads that I was in school with in primary school died from heroin.Our drummer succumbed to it just as were getting interest from record labels way back in the early 90s and that killed us off completely as we couldnt replace him in time.

Its a nasty nasty drug that changes people completely.

But anyone that gets themselves out of that circumstances and pulls their lives together deserves a medal and a hell of a lot of respect from us who havent been there.

Howdy all, what's the story? Was wrecked (and soaked) last night when I came home so didn't bother logging in. Today I just gave the car another bit of a clean and just now, booked tickets for a one-off, one-showing screening of I, Superbiker: Day of Reckoning for Monday night!! WOOOOO!!! :D

I know the feeling on the wrecked front by the time I got home from work was shattered last night think I fell asleep around 10pm.

That looks pretty cool should be epic on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Arawn wrote: »
    Ah getting inked by former junkies. Things I don't want to do ever.

I wouldn't have a problem with it myself provided that clean needles are used for the work and that gloves are used, you now kinda like the majority of reputable studios do it.

The key word in your sentence is former. I wouldn't want a current junkie working on me though mainly because a) they probably wouldn't be up to do the job and b) my money would more than likely be funding their habbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Just watched Memento, has anyone seen it? I quite liked it. Exciting Saturday night in eh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Memento is an amazing film, and probably Nolan's best to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'm even still thinking about it, trying to work out exactly what order everything happened in, and then remembering other details and having "aha!" moments. Just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The black and white bits are in order, the colour bits are in reverse order :)

Damn it I want to watch Memento again now been a long time since I seen it.

Had a movie night myself tonight watch MIB 3 meh decentish popcorn movie, We Bought A Zoo wasn't expecting much but liked it and Felon a film that was recommended on the film forum had recorded a while but just got around to watching it well worth a viewing some great performances in it :).

Gay Saturday night for me to but I enjoyed it :).

Cannot get this ****ing song out of my head, driving me demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Did you watch ant and dec's show last night :) Couldn't stop laughing, they were hilarious :)

Did you watch ant and dec's show last night :) Couldn't stop laughing, they were hilarious :)

Haha yes I did. Was very good but how the damn think got stuck in my head in the first place. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

my saturday nite was even more boring.me and the baroness played scrabble all nite.she kicked my ass which is a rare thing and she even nearly broke my high-score.but i'm making up for being boring by going to the pub now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My Saturday night was even more boring! I turned down an invite to a party because I'm still on anti bios, so after the rugby I just went home, dug out some old recipes that Marty wants me to send him, internetted a little, and went to bed. :pac: Tonight, I'm going through my belongings and throwing loads out, then having a bath, watching telly and going to bed. :D I kind of like this weekend, I dont have to do anything! :)

Sounds like a lot more fun than my day's gonna be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Sounds like a lot more fun than my day's gonna be.

What are you doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement