Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ankhyu wrote: »
    That'd be a saltwater or marine tank. Beautiful colours but it does take an awful lot of dedication, and money! It's like trying to create a mini eco-system in a tank, as everything in it is living. The corals, live rock and even the substrate.

Ah right, good to know. Yeah the cost shut down the idea for now. When you're at a couple of hundred (on the cheap side as well) before you even begin thinking about the fish, you know it's going to spiral.

Still in the back of the mind though just because a nicely lit tank looks so damn awesome. Adds a touch of class as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Orim wrote: »
    Still in the back of the mind though just because a nicely lit tank looks so damn awesome. Adds a touch of class as well.

Definitely, it's like a piece of pretty furniture. Ah sure I suppose the tank and equipment is always gonna be the most expensive part. I just have a 60 litre (2 foot) tank which cost about 100, and it does the job. I would like a massive tank at some point. Maybe when I get my own place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you ever have some time in London, go check out the aquarium in the lobby of Heron Tower - all kinds of awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Went for a jog, did well enough (5k in a little over 35 mins, which is good for me 'cause I'm sick), but I haven't stopped coughing since I got home. :pac: Probably should lay off the exercise til I'm better. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Went for a jog, did well enough (5k in a little over 35 mins, which is good for me 'cause I'm sick), but I haven't stopped coughing since I got home. :pac: Probably should lay off the exercise til I'm better. :pac:

Wouldn't do any harm....just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Orim wrote: »
    Ah right, good to know. Yeah the cost shut down the idea for now. When you're at a couple of hundred (on the cheap side as well) before you even begin thinking about the fish, you know it's going to spiral.

Im with yeh there is just something mesmerizing about a well done tank I always find it very tranquil, would love one myself someday.

maximoose wrote: »
    If you ever have some time in London, go check out the aquarium in the lobby of Heron Tower - all kinds of awesome :)

Hmm must remember that, but one I think that often gets ignored and ain't as bad as you would imagine is the aquarium in Bray now im sure compared to the one in London it pales but I've enjoyed it anytime I been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

That's a well written piece by the journalist. I was expecting a few snarky comments or condescending remarks to be thrown in off the cuff. Good to see :) And he came across very eloquent himself.

maximoose wrote: »

Just googled images for it. My God that really is a statement piece isn't it :eek:

TheHeronTowerAquarium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    That's a well written piece by the journalist. I was expecting a few snarky comments or condescending remarks to be thrown in off the cuff. Good to see :) And he came across very eloquent himself.

I know, very surprising for the Sun of all things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Good piece. No judgement in it which is rare for something like the sun. But of course you can always rely on their readership.
    GROSS - I just wished I had not looked at this item - body graffitti and self abuse at its worst.

To be fair I don't think its just there readership I saw something on Facebook the other day that almost made my blood boil. It was one of these pics that went viral of some man with plenty of face piercings and tattoos, below where loads of comments unemployed, forever single, attention whore, mommy never loved him, freak etc kinda crap the world is full of idiots who are only to willing to spout it. Just glance at any video on youtube or thread on imdb to see how many fools and bigots there are in this world.

Think I've nearly made my decision on what im getting for the tattoo only problem now is im afraid the image may end up being to big :(.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The moral of the story is: people can, and will, act like morons if it's something they don't like.

Denny M wrote: »
    The moral of the story is: people can, and will, act like morons if it's something they don't like.

Put simply humans as a race are an incredibly ignorant species. I hate people most days to be honest :rolleyes:

Since ya spoke of ignorance :).

Evenin' all. Just back from the cinema. Jaysus them fuckers know how to charge!!! Trying to do it on the cheap, we got a drink and popcorn between us, and we each got a small pick 'n' mix - €22.50!!!???!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Evenin' all. Just back from the cinema. Jaysus them ****ers know how to charge!!! Trying to do it on the cheap, we got a drink and popcorn between us, and we each got a small pick 'n' mix - €22.50!!!???!!! :eek:

Jaysus that's crazy money :eek: I always stock up in Lidl/Aldi before hitting the cinema

P_1 wrote: »
    Jaysus that's crazy money :eek: I always stock up in Lidl/Aldi before hitting the cinema

I was in Tesco earlier, and I thought about getting a few bits and I thought, fuck it, it's only popcorn and a drink, it can't be THAT much!! :rolleyes: I'll know better next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

We went last night, stocked up from Tesco before hand haha went to see new wizard of oz yoke!! my god awful would be an understatement!

gregers85 wrote: »
    We went last night, stocked up from Tesco before hand haha went to see new wizard of oz yoke!! my god awful would be an understatement!

Really?? LOL. Went to see the new I, Superbiker movie. It was ok. Not as good as the others and definitely nowhere near as god as Faster, but it wasn't bad. Only 9 people in the cinema though. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

we where going there to see "the incredible burt wonderstone", jim carrey and steve carell's new film, bought the tickets for it n all but we where a half hr early so says to herself as we passed one of the screens, that Oz thing is startin here in this one now will we just sneak in, so we did hahaha we where same think there was 2 other couples in the theater haha i prefer that though hate a crowded cinema!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Just watched The Guard. Forgot what a good film it was. Saw it in the cinema the first time and there were three other people. Something awful awkward about watching a comedy when there's so few people that you can hear each individual person laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just watched The Guard. Forgot what a good film it was. Saw it in the cinema the first time and there were three other people. Something awful awkward about watching a comedy when there's so few people that you can hear each individual person laugh.

Cracking film! Wasn't expecting it to be so funny, "I thought only black lads were drug dealers" :pac:

I've just won tickets to Andy Parsons tomorrow, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that yet.

On the topic of films, saw Identity Thief last weekend, quite funny if you like slapstick, not a bad film. :) Movie night with my sister after work, she's picking the films though, god help me. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heh, I know that feeling. Was in town renting a movie last night, I wanted to watch something good, my sister wanted to watch that thing about the male strippers.

So, your sister wanted to watch something good? :p

Just got into work to find that I have absolutely none of our biggest selling item in stock, something I sell twenty a day of easily. And no delivery til the end of the week... wtf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Jeez Denny you make it sound like male strippers aren't a good thing :rolleyes:

I'll say one thing, it's better than what my brother wanted to watch, that Jack and Jill movie that set a record for the number of awards for being crap it won.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

gregers85 wrote: »

I actually quite enjoyed that movie. Must've been the copious amounts of ice cream I had while watching it :D I usually stock up beforehand too, my bag would have all sorts of chocolate and popcorn in it, fecked if I'm paying 20 or 30 quid for the same in the cinema itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

:D

526873_321723964597228_953527376_n.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement