Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heh, saw that before. I think it was AWOL or something linked that, I got a good chuckle out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Evenin' all. Just back from the cinema. Jaysus them fuckers know how to charge!!! Trying to do it on the cheap, we got a drink and popcorn between us, and we each got a small pick 'n' mix - €22.50!!!???!!! :eek:

"Excuse me, there seems to be some mistake. I bought some popcorn and a drink and now I have no money left."

I tried finding the image but Bing wanted to confirm to me that it's the worst search engine ever.

As much as I appreciate the sentiment behind that picture it seems stupid to turn away free money. And who knows, the person getting a small infinity symbol could be back for a back piece.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Orim wrote: »
    "Excuse me, there seems to be some mistake. I bought some popcorn and a drink and now I have no money left."
    Black Books is brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cinema popcorn is ridiculously pricey. Always stock up in euro2 beforehand. The only thing I'll buy in there is a drink - they are also silly money but made just about tolerable with the good ol' 25% cineworld card discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If you're feeling under pressure try do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Plans for today are cancelled since it's so cold it snowed and I'd rather not freeze my metaphorical balls off. A day watching Black Books it is!

Add a dab of lavender to your milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate the sentiment behind that picture it seems stupid to turn away free money. And who knows, the person getting a small infinity symbol could be back for a back piece.

I think the issue is that tattoo artists, whilst not wanting to turn away money, would love to live in an ideal world where everyone wanted to invest some interest in the tattoo that they want, as opposed to just getting marked with something "a little different" like an infinity symbol.

As you say, some aren't in a position to turn that kind of work away, but I would imagine it would get a little soul-destroying when an artist doesn't get much input into the art, nor does the customer give two hoots what tattoo they want. We all have soul-destroying aspects to our work, doesn't mean we don't do it. Not every customer puts as much effort into tattoos as we do though (e.g. gathering research material but still allowing some artistic input from the tattoo artist, coming in with a theme for a sleeve, taking a suggestion on board to have that small part of the tattoo slightly bigger so that it looks better in the future etc) , and it must be such a pain in the gick sometimes :)

Plans for today are cancelled since it's so cold it snowed and I'd rather not freeze my metaphorical balls off. A day watching Black Books it is!

TBH whatever plans you had can't compare to a day of watching black books. Right. This is you, okay?

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)>

Tra-la-la-la

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm eating scrambled eggs with a comb from a shoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I must be the only person that hates Black Books and Dylan Moran.

I am about to stop playing Who Shall I Kill First in my head and just go for what feels natural! I think I'll start with me- then it's you.

Adiboo wrote: »

Well you might be the only one here at least :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

GET OUT.

jenizzle wrote: »
    I think the issue is that tattoo artists, whilst not wanting to turn away money, would love to live in an ideal world where everyone wanted to invest some interest in the tattoo that they want, as opposed to just getting marked with something "a little different" like an infinity symbol.

As you say, some aren't in a position to turn that kind of work away, but I would imagine it would get a little soul-destroying when an artist doesn't get much input into the art, nor does the customer give two hoots what tattoo they want. We all have soul-destroying aspects to our work, doesn't mean we don't do it. Not every customer puts as much effort into tattoos as we do though (e.g. gathering research material but still allowing some artistic input from the tattoo artist, coming in with a theme for a sleeve, taking a suggestion on board to have that small part of the tattoo slightly bigger so that it looks better in the future etc) , and it must be such a pain in the gick sometimes :)

Aye I can understand but it's need to be remembered that it's a business at the end of the day. A comparsion of the top of my head is a pub that stocks great top end spirits and then turns away anyone looking for a jack and a coke or a morgan's and coke. Yes, it would be great if everyone that came in was a getting a 30 year glenmorangie or similar but it's not going to happen.

And then there is the fact that the person getting getting something small and simple might be just scared about getting a tattoo. So they get something small and simple before committing to something large and custom. We all know that tattoos are addictive and that one often leads to many but in doing this the shop is potentially turning away a customer that may end up providing them with thousands of euros worth of work, full of the the kind thoughtful, custom work that artists love doing.

However I may just be over-analysing a joke poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nope. I hate it too. Drivel!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Golf in the snow is, interesting...

Felt like the Michelin Man with all the layers I was wearing though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

And there was me thinking my crow tattoo was at least a little unusual! :(

Adiboo and PKM, don't talk to me anymore :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Despite still having difficulty breathing because of fcuking bronchitis, I went to bootcamp tonight. And I managed to do all of it. :D

When I got there, I asked my two trainers to not shout at me if I had to sit out (they feckin' love shouting at us if we stop at all :pac: ) and explained that I have bronchitis. One was sound, telling me to look after myself and telling me which exercises would be easiest for me to do if I wanted to replace the more difficult ones with easy ones (I didn't, I did all the difficult ones :D ), and the other goes 'I WILL FCUKING SHOUT AT YOU, LYN.' Bástard. :pac:

Survived the whole class, though. :D Feeling great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fook me that was a long day, only getting to sit down and relax now, back up at 7 to go the gym before I head of to Remis house for tattoo time :D.

I'm so ****ing indecisive I still only have it narrowed down to two after months even longer than a year, had one picked then realised its only used in the trailer of the film so not really iconic :(, but I really love Goodfellas and Joe Pesci damn you Scorcese for making a fine film but not giving me one good psychotic close up bar the trailer, then Full Metal Jacket.

My problem is I want all the films on me :).

Fook me that was a long day, only getting to sit down and relax now, back up at 7 to go the gym before I head of to Remis house for tattoo time :D.

I'm so ****ing indecisive I still only have it narrowed down to two after months even longer than a year, had one picked then realised its only used in the trailer of the film so not really iconic :(, but I really love Goodfellas and Joe Pesci damn you Scorcese for making a fine film but not giving me one good psychotic close up bar the trailer, then Full Metal Jacket.

My problem is I want all the films on me :).

Get your whole body covered in film tattoos, then get them all lasered off and start a whole new body of film tatts! :D

• Advertisement

Ankhyu wrote: »

Adiboo and PKM, don't talk to me anymore :P

Ah don't be like that! Gis a hug!! LOL :pac:

Sittin' here watching Blackadder. Now THAT'S classic comedy. :D

Sittin' here watching Blackadder. Now THAT'S classic comedy. :D

Nope im afraid that is shiite aswell :p.

Nope im afraid that is shiite aswell :p.

LMAO! It'll be followed by some Fawlty Towers. Can't wait for that. :D

LMAO! It'll be followed by some Fawlty Towers. Can't wait for that. :D

Now Fawlty Towers is one I like that and Dad's Army are proper classic British comedy.

I'm watching The Following. Feckin' LOVE this programme. :D

Also, got the Fawlty Towers gift set with all the episodes as part of my Christmas present last year. Fcuk yeah. :D

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm watching The Following. Feckin' LOVE this programme. :D

Yeah, it's a good 'un alright!! I have it recorded as I was watching last night's Criminal Minds.
    Also, got the Fawlty Towers gift set with all the episodes as part of my Christmas present last year. Fcuk yeah. :D

Nice one! I have the box set too......on video! :eek:

Yeah, it's a good 'un alright!! I have it recorded as I was watching last night's Criminal Minds.

Criminal Minds was savage, wasn't it? Think I've seen every episode of that, since I have all the seasons on DVDs too. :o I'm not obsessed, I consider it training for when I study criminal psychology in September. :pac:

Love the Following so far about to have a look at it now :).

On video now that's old school, I have Scream on video.

Doing some research last night decided to throw on Goodfellas think I found my oldest DVD defo needs an upgrade, its so old I had to flip the disc halfway through :pac: and the screen was fecking tiny on the tele.

• Advertisement

Criminal Minds was savage, wasn't it? Think I've seen every episode of that, since I have all the seasons on DVDs too. :o I'm not obsessed, I consider it training for when I study criminal psychology in September. :pac:

Great episode!!! I've seen them all too, been following it from the first episode. I don't like that Prentiss is gone and I don't like her replacement. I preferred Gideon to Rossi to, although Rossi is a good character.

And lucky you doing criminal psychology. Sounds interesting.

On video now that's old school, I have Scream on video.

Jeez, I don't know how many videos I have, but it's a lot! Have the 2 Mummy movies, the Alien quadrilogy, the Indiana Jones box-set, the Rambo box set, all the Steven Segal movies.....I could go on.... :D
    Doing some research last night decided to throw on Goodfellas think I found my oldest DVD defo needs an upgrade, its so old I had to flip the disc halfway through :pac: and the screen was fecking tiny on the tele.

LMAO!! I have that on video too! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement