Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I wont lie when I drink I just tend to drink until the bar closes never really think about how much I've had, most my friends would be the same.

I wish I had the self control some yous had, was only joking with a friend the other day about how we have to learn how to go out and have a few sociable pints as in five or six and not keep going, we decided if we find a way we will let the other in on the secret :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Right!! few drinks sorted for tonight!! only gonna be second time on the lash since new yrs!!! I'm not really a messy drinker but i think im gonna get smashed later haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have no real plans to head out until the 20th, gotta save up some money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have a work social next Friday. Pizza and beer in the office then a bar booked with drinks specials :) Gonna be a busy week in work, we need it!

We've had quite a few work night out recently! the amount of people that have left in last few weeks is shockin! and a few more leaving over next few weeks :eek: so its been drinks all around haha took me about 20 minutes on thursday night to convince wanna the lads I was ok to drive that I hadnt touched a drop haha fair play to him for havin some bit of sence while under the influence n all that haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I have a birthday party next week, my own! Apparently my two best friends have some huge surprise planned for me that night, i have told them I'll murder them if they get me anything or do anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I wish I had the self control some yous had

for me it's less self control and more, when I reach a certain point, I physically feel like I can't drink anymore. Maybe it's 'cause over drinking for me leads to vomiting rather than just blacking out like some people.

for me it's less self control and more, when I reach a certain point, I physically feel like I can't drink anymore. Maybe it's 'cause over drinking for me leads to vomiting rather than just blacking out like some people.

Yeh for me I'm in the black out side of things, I've had times were people have told me I looked sober enough yet my memory would be gone awol. Never get sick though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've never had a night where I've blacked out and don't remember what's happened. Kinda glad tbh, I'd feel a little freaked out if I couldn't remember stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

For me its when I feel like I'm losing control. When I feel myself getting to that level its onto the cokes for a while or home

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    I've never had a night where I've blacked out and don't remember what's happened. Kinda glad tbh, I'd feel a little freaked out if I couldn't remember stuff.

This is going to sound bad but you kinda get used to it, there rone club me and my friends have been to twice and every single one of us had a complete blackout

I have cut back on the drink a lot lately though it's better for my health and wallet :) although would love to be in killkenny tonight my friends all got the train down at 2 today, knowing there having the craic is making work that bit harder :cool:

One of my friends seems to blackout more than the rest of us, it's a great bit of fun reminding him of what he's done the day after.

Angron wrote: »
    One of my friends
    seems to blackout more than the rest of us, it's a great bit of fun
    reminding him of what he's done the day after.

I have great craic reminding Marty what he does on nights out, as he tends to give me a drunken account of his antics at 4am. His mates have gotten on the phone to me drunk once or twice too. :pac: I have never reminded him of the two things I know would mortify him beyond belief, though, I'm being nice. :pac:

I don't black out when I'm drunk. I generally remember everything, but I get very affectionate, and text all my friends and family to tell them I love them. :o I also fall over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I used to black out and vomit all the time, and think it was normal. Mess of the town :p

You have to really want to change. I was just sick of being knows as a mess and people thinking that was all there was to me. And it was affecting work and study and emotional issues. Bad times.

Much happier now though, even though I did lose a lot of friends, but made me realise they weren't friends, just drinking buddies.

I used to
    black out and vomit all the time, and think it was normal. Mess of the
    town :p

You have to really want to change. I was just sick of being knows as a
    mess and people thinking that was all there was to me. And it was
    affecting work and study and emotional issues. Bad times.

Much happier now though, even though I did lose a lot of friends, but
    made me realise they weren't friends, just drinking buddies.

Fair play to you for sorting your life out. I've been like that on the drink in the past myself. I used to drink genuinely scary amounts of alcohol. Bet you feel so much healthier and happier now drinking so much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Yeh for me I'm in the black out side of things, I've had times were people have told me I looked sober enough yet my memory would be gone awol. Never get sick though.
    Yeah I have a friend and when she's at her drunkest you'd think she was the most sober in the room.

And Princess Peach, well done. In a culture like this it's hard enough to sort these things out.

fcuker behind the counter in eddie rockets tryin to rob a a tenor off me, ah not happnin pal!!!! fcucker!!! i not that drunk that id pay 25 quids for a smelly burger and a garlic chip!!! dopey fcuker got a good piece of my mind haha

No Hangover!!!!! Looks like everything's coming up Milhouse!!!
    Now to make the dirty fry up and prepare for a lazy couch day haha

247462.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'll actually pay someone to clean my room for me. Seriously lack of wanting to do it over here...

On the drink subject, I can honestly say I've only ever been black out drunk once in my life, the great Absynth incident of 07. Nowaday's I hit pukey before I hit drunk so I'm not a mad fan of being wasted anymore. Pity. Had some good times. Damn you old age.

Work is so boring. Kill me. I'll kill myself if I have to stay here til six. :(

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Work is so boring. Kill me. I'll kill myself if I have to stay here til six. :(

247468.jpg

Just had fun chasing a little scrote and his mother, both of a certain cultural denomination, after they robbed from me and the security were on break. :pac: Got my stuff back, got security, and got lots of threats against my life from the mother. :pac: Adrenaline pumping now, haha, I'm shaking!

Just had fun chasing a little scrote and his mother, both of a certain cultural denomination, after they robbed from me and the security were on break. :pac: Got my stuff back, got security, and got lots of threats against my life from the mother. :pac: Adrenaline pumping now, haha, I'm shaking!

Ah those culturally denominated folks, some of them can be so charming. Good to hear you got your stuff back

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah those culturally
    denominated folks, some of them can be so charming. Good to hear you got
    your stuff back

I don't know how I had the balls to chase the little cnut, I'm easily scared and never really confront people or anything like that. Still shaking now. :pac: I should take stress leave! :D

I don't know how I had the balls to chase the little cnut, I'm easily scared and never really confront people or anything like that. Still shaking now. :pac: I should take stress leave! :D

A beer or 2 has surely been earned anyway :pac:

P_1 wrote: »
    A beer or 2 has surely been earned anyway :pac:

Meant to be going for coffee with my best friend later, think that'll change to cocktails now! :D

Mrs Doubtfire on RTE some good old fashioned nostalgia can't be beat :), it holds up fairly well to.

haha funny we watched mrs doubtfire last week!!! still brilliant!!

That has to be one of my favourite films. :)

• Advertisement

Game of thrones is back tonight!!!!!!! i honestly cant wait!!!! 9 cannot come fast enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement