Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

cheers!

editing took longer than the drawing...

http://youtu.be/w3YkH2mtmOg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That's awesome but how did you do it all in less then 5 minutes? :pac:

What's the song playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Absolutely! I'm still alive and all that. Once I have mobility back (in about 8 weeks I hope??) I'll transfer my insurance onto the wife's bike and use that until I can get another one sorted for myself.

Yeh what does the wife have? Any ideas what you will go for next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yeh what does the wife have? Any ideas what you will go for next?

She has a CB400. It's a bit down on power to what I'm used to, but it's fun on the windy back roads! :D

Next, I'll try to rebuild the ZX9, or if the insurance company write it off, I'll go for a Blade or Z1000. Something big and quick. :cool:

Picked myslef up Tattoo Showcase by Lal Hardy today its an illustration book but some nice stuff in it, but it got me thinking is there any good tattoo related books that people can recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Picked myslef up Tattoo Showcase by Lal Hardy today its an illustration book but some nice stuff in it, but it got me thinking is there any good tattoo related books that people can recommend?

What type of books??Pictures/designs or more technical stuff.

Google "Encyclopedia of Body Adornment."

Cracking book and if you have an ereader I could mail you a copy of it that Ive already paid for btw and Im allowed to share.

"Customising the Body" is another decent read but gets a bit heavy with the psychological reasons behind getting modified...very good read though.

Again I can send you on a copy that Im allowed to share.

Hellrazer wrote: »

"Customising the Body" is another decent read but gets a bit heavy with the psychological reasons behind getting modified...very good read though.

Could I get a copy of this if you don't mind. Sounds like exactly the type of thing I'd like.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Orim--Send me an email address and Ill send them on to you.

Despite the fact that most of the tatoos displayed by entertainers and (especially) athletes look as if they were done by eight-year-olds with magic markers,...
    Thank you Hellrazer. These books were worth it if only for that quote.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    What type of books??Pictures/designs or more technical stuff.

Google "Encyclopedia of Body Adornment."

Cracking book and if you have an ereader I could mail you a copy of it that Ive already paid for btw and Im allowed to share.

Id be thinking more technical stuff, I love tattoos and although I mightnt be a skilled artist Id still like to educate myself better on it :o.

Thanks for the recommendations much appreciated , havent got a ereader but im gooing to buy the books online and read them the old fashioned way :).

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Id be thinking more technical stuff, I love tattoos and although I mightnt be a skilled artist Id still like to educate myself better on it :o.

Thanks for the recommendations much appreciated , havent got a ereader but im gooing to buy the books online and read them the old fashioned way :).

Thanks again.

Ereaders are the business.Havent bought a paper book since last Xmas.Have read probably 2-3 books a week on the Kindle this year.

Highly recommended--I was always of the opinion that Id never read from a "device" but I have to say I havent looked back since I got it.

Back to work tomorrow after only being off for two weeks with a collarbone break. They said I couldn't be out for the full 8 weeks or I wouldn't have a job to go back to. A tad unfair but f**k all I can do. Really not looking forward to it as I'm still exhausted and still in pain, but has to be done. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Back to work tomorrow after only being off for two weeks with a collarbone break. They said I couldn't be out for the full 8 weeks or I wouldn't have a job to go back to. A tad unfair but f**k all I can do. Really not looking forward to it as I'm still exhausted and still in pain, but has to be done. :(

Surely they can't do that if you have a doctors cert?

Hope you're doing better anyway!

Surely they can't do that if you have a doctors cert?

Hope you're doing better anyway!

Thanks man.

I have a cert to cover me til the end of October, but they asked me to get another one stating I could perform "light duties" and get back to work immediately. The doc wasn't happy about it, stating the recovery time is 6 - 8 weeks for a reason. I pleaded with him telling him that I could lose my job if I didn't get back.

I was out of work for a year, only got this job at the end of July so I'm not long with them and have f**k all rights really. But yes, it's totally unfair.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

That's a horrible way to treat an employee :( Hope work isn't too painful for you anyway.

Damn you Remis :mad:

My first appointment last month he rings me two weeks beforehand saying he can't take me on agreed date but with less than 24 hours notice tells me he can take me the very next day luckily I had no work so I agreed I get there at 11.30 the time he asks me to arrive and I am left sitting there for three hours in reception twiddling my thumbs.

Then I'm due for my second appointment on Wednesday as in tomorrow and haven't heard a word so yesterday I email to confirm the appointment and time receive an email today saying he has to cancel and will be in touch to reschedule ffs like. I work shift and got my roster scheduled around this appointment and this the second time.

Surely if your paying 150 an hour you should be able to expect a certain level of professionalism and common courtesy :(.

Sorry for the rant need to vent.

P.s sorry to hear about your job please kill me hate when company's pull stunts like that.

jenizzle wrote: »
    That's a horrible way to treat an employee :( Hope work isn't too painful for you anyway.

Cheers. Well I went back in yesterday and it was a disaster. On a few occasions I almost threw up with the pain. I was sore, tired, sick...just couldn't do it. The boss said that maybe I shouldn't be there. I called this morning and said it was a bit optimistic after such a short period, to go back working and that I was going to give it another week and see how it goes.

Now to get back to the couch, lie down and watch lots of Comedy Central and Dave. :D

I absolutely love this.

313111_2053082688173_277397559_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

Wow - that's class! Love the way the eye looks like the brazilian flag!

murfinho wrote: »
    Wow - that's class! Love the way the eye looks like the brazilian flag!

Yeh one of my favorite ive seen beautifully put together, its done by Piotr Deadi Dedel, what I find impressive is hes only been tattooing 6 years and didnt do his first colour tattoo until four years ago. Hes one of the best around for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Piotr Deadi Dedel.

And he's got an absolutely savage name.

That's an amazing tatt!! The blending, the detail, the colouring.... Stunning!

That's an amazing tatt!! The blending, the detail, the colouring.... Stunning!

Check him out on facebook or his website http://www.deaditattoo.info/#! I especially love the Freddie Krueger, Batman and the parrot pieces hes done but that sleeve just blew me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I think this one is awesome except for the misspelling of Milhouse

QLmn8utnBUOHJ4LvRw5lng2.jpg

Check him out on facebook or his website http://www.deaditattoo.info/#! I especially love the Freddie Krueger, Batman and the parrot pieces hes done but that sleeve just blew me away.

His portraits are amazing! Never seen anything like it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I think this one is awesome except for the misspelling of Milhouse

Such a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Dreading looking for a house when I come back. Mainly 'cause none of my friends are looking and I don't want to live with people I don't know already. One of my current housemates is lovely and brilliant to live with but the other...at least with friends you have an idea what they'll be like before moving in and who you shouldn't live with unless you want to drive each other up the wall. Like I like the person in question but I don't like living with her.

'Course all this hinges on if I get a job so I can move out so maybe should worry about that first...

Went on the site but didn't last long enough to see pictures. Terrible site. Most tattoo artists seem to have awful looking sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Orim wrote: »
    Went on the site but didn't last long enough to see pictures. Terrible site. Most tattoo artists seem to have awful looking sites.

^ This. Some great tattoos, but that site is like something a late 90s web 'designer' vomited up.

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »

As it turns out, it's looking like the job could be gone. They said the job I was doing is nearly finished (contract) and the only other position is in the warehouse, and as I've had a collarbone break and it'll be 6 months before I can lift anything, they won't have any jobs for me. So they might be letting me go. I'll know on Monday. :(

Then to add insult to injury, the other driver involved in the accident i was in, has no insurance! Don't know how that's gonna go! :mad:

And then the little one (20 months old) knocked the telly off the stand last night and broke it. So no telly now either and the MotoGP is on Sunday! AHHHHHHH! :rolleyes:

On the up-side, my tattooist was onto me and wants to finish the big Alien tattoo on my shoulderblade and start another one when he comes back from hols. YAY! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement