Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Good morning all! Mucky day out there :( bring back summer!

Sunny down here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Adiboo wrote: »
    Sunny down here ;)

You are down Kerry way as well right?

It's an odd day today, sun blinding me all day in work, but still chilly enough outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Adiboo wrote: »
    Sunny down here ;)

You stole the sun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You stole the sun!!!

Cupcake steal it back of him!!!

Just having my first proper look at what Remis done yesterday and im loving it, he's not half bad at free handing :cool:, but its defogoing to be a bitch to heal there patchs of new tattoo everywhere the full length of it, bits on both sides, in between the portraits etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ouch, sounds like a nasty one for healing. It'll be awkward 'cause you always have clothing in the area too. But it'll look savage when it's healed, just keep thinking about that bit. :)

Busy day ahead for me. Have to go shopping and get tan and some new heels for tomorrow because none of the heels I have match my dress properly. Have to bring my mam down to the post office to collect her children's allowance because, what with her being disabled and all, she's not able to leave the house by herself at all. Then I have to get all my clothes and make up ready for tomorrow, packed up, and go down to my gran's house this evening to mind her dog, then get ready for work. I love busy days! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh wow, my head. After getting a really bad headache, it's hard to think straight.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ouch, sounds like a nasty one for healing. It'll be awkward 'cause you always have clothing in the area too. But it'll look savage when it's healed, just keep thinking about that bit. :)

Speaking of healing, I got some swallows added to my leg there recently, near the top of my calf, at the sides. Christ, it's being an absolute bitch to heal parts of it. The tips of the wings are right where my jeans bunch up when I sit down.

Angron wrote: »
    Oh wow, my head. After getting a really bad headache, it's hard to think straight.

I feel your pain nothing worse than a bad headache.
    oeb wrote: »
    Speaking of healing, I got some swallows added to my leg there recently, near the top of my calf, at the sides. Christ, it's being an absolute bitch to heal parts of it. The tips of the wings are right where my jeans bunch up when I sit down.

Ouch best bet is to wear tracksuit bottoms though, I never wear them but for the last two weeks its been mostly what I've worn so much gentler on the tattoo wink.png.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I feel your pain nothing worse than a bad headache.

Ouch best bet is to wear tracksuit bottoms though, I never wear them but for the last two weeks its been mostly what I've worn so much gentler on the tattoo wink.png.
    I've done that too, when I got my pokemon tattoos on the back of my leg I wore tracksuit bottoms for a while after.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Strangely after getting inked I'm always wearing old style rugby jerseys. Seem to be the most comfortable for me

• Advertisement

It's fine at the weekends, but tracksuits are a no-no in the office.

I may try a VERY loose athletic support.

oeb wrote: »
    It's fine at the weekends, but tracksuits are a no-no in the office.

I may try a VERY loose athletic support.

Ah right, maybe wear slacks to the office then?
    P_1 wrote: »
    Strangely after getting inked I'm always wearing old style rugby jerseys. Seem to be the most comfortable for me

Yeh for me the rule of thumb for clothes on tattoos, is loose fitting and not to rigid material.

I'll be fooked on my next one. It's going to be right up the side and top of my calf, and I have to wear extremely tight fitted skinny jeans in work. :(

Hospitals are bloody depressing places!

Hospitals are bloody depressing places!

Are you okay??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Been a good few years since I've had any piercings but I'm strongly considering getting the lip repierced.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Are you okay??

Ah yeah. My poor aul nan is still in from having a fall about a month ago. She's going doo lally in there. Can't say I blame her, it's like gods waiting room. Every time I visit the ward is full of new people cos others have passed away. It's very sad.

Ah yeah. My poor aul nan is still in from having a fall about a month ago. She's going doo lally in there. Can't say I blame her, it's like gods waiting room. Every time I visit the ward is full of new people cos others have passed away. It's very sad.

Ah god, that sounds awful. :( Fingers crossed she'll recover soon.

Been a good few years since I've had any piercings but I'm strongly considering getting the lip repierced.
    Do it. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yeah I really want my tongue done. Current job wont even let me have a lobe piercing but I may have something in the pipeline and if it works out Im getting my tongue done ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You`d think in this day and age they could let these people recuperate at home with a home help--it would even free up hospital beds for the more needy.

My nan went through the same last year and its seriously messed up leaving them in wards like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Doctors are afraid to sign off on anything in this country in case it bites them in the ass!! Health care system needs a major overhaul and proper legislation so doctors can be more decisive in their actions without fearing a backslap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Can't multi-quote on my phone, but...

@Angron, Pokemon tattoos! Do tell!

@Cupcake_Crisis I know what you mean, my own grandmother has been in hospital since December, being carted between three hospitals and different wards within them. Fairly depressing places :/ Hope your nan recovers soon!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    You`d think in this day and age they could let these people recuperate at home with a home help--it would even free up hospital beds for the more needy.

My nan went through the same last year and its seriously messed up leaving them in wards like that.

Atm she couldn't really recouperate at home cos she's too weak and sore, but she's picking up all sorts in there so soon as she starts to improve she gets a bang of something else. It's just going in circles at this stage. Tbh I don't really see her coming out, partially because she's just given up the ghost.

Thanks for all the kind words folks, means a lot :)

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Can't multi-quote on my phone, but...

@Angron, Pokemon tattoos! Do tell!

@Cupcake_Crisis I know what you mean, my own grandmother has been in hospital since December, being carted between three hospitals and different wards within them. Fairly depressing places :/ Hope your nan recovers soon!
    Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard tattoos on the back of my right leg, planning on getting a Mewtwo somewhere down the line.

And I hope she gets well soon CC.

Sorry to hear about your Gran Cupcake, hope she gets better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Atm she couldn't really recouperate at home cos she's too weak and sore, but she's picking up all sorts in there so soon as she starts to improve she gets a bang of something else. It's just going in circles at this stage. Tbh I don't really see her coming out, partially because she's just given up the ghost.

Thanks for all the kind words folks, means a lot :)

You never know, I was sure my granny was never coming out when she caught MRSA while in for something else and she's still going fairly strong now. Either way I wish her luck.

On a slightly related note, I don't know why exactly but psychiatric wards give me the heebie jeebies. Visited my aunt in one last week and it was actually quite nice (bar the colour scheme). They had a nice bright conservatory and a crafts room and whatnot but I still felt really uncomfortable, I don't know why. I've come into contact with people suffering from mental health problems before so I really don't understand what makes me feel so uncomfortable when I'm there.

On a slightly related note, I don't know why exactly but psychiatric wards give me the heebie jeebies. Visited my aunt in one last week and it was actually quite nice (bar the colour scheme). They had a nice bright conservatory and a crafts room and whatnot but I still felt really uncomfortable, I don't know why. I've come into contact with people suffering from mental health problems before so I really don't understand what makes me feel so uncomfortable when I'm there.

They freak me out too. Spent a lot of time visiting in them over the years. What get's me the most is that it could so easily be you, once your mind goes you've got nothing.

As much as I hate the idea of my mind going, its such a horrible thing I've seen a few family members die from alzheimer's and there fears my Gran might be getting it aswell, it's such a horrible way to go.

But after seeing a friends dad die from motor neuron disease I think that is my biggest fear, the mind being aware and functioning as the body slowly shuts down and leaves you paralyzed before death, shudder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cupcake hope your gran gets better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement