Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Thanks guys! You're all a lovely bunch!

I had planned on having a few sneaky drinks tonight, but i've been put on taxi duty instead. Dropped the folks to the pub, and have to pick them up later. Well for them :p Sitting in drinking tea and watching a crappy movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

As much as I hate the idea of my mind going, its such a horrible thing I've seen a few family members die from alzheimer's and there fears my Gran might be getting it aswell, it's such a horrible way to go.

My grandand died from Alzheimers, it really is one of the most heart breaking things to watch a loved one go through :( How the mind gets to that state, then getting stuck in a time none of us were born for :( Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and terrified someone else in the family will get it!!

Cupcake, hope your granny gets out soon. Most of the bugs are dying off now so fingers crossed she'll recuperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    My grandand died from Alzheimers, it reall is one of the most heart breaking things to what a loved one go through :( How the mind gets to that state, then getting stuck in a time none of us were born for :( Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and terrified someone else in the family will get it!!

Cupcake, hope your granny gets out soon. Most of the bugs are dying off now so fingers crossed she'll recuperate.

My grandad is in the final stages of dementia (basically the same thing), and it's tough. It's probably the most horrific thing I've seen someone go through. A relative actually died from the same thing just a few days ago. :-/

Hope your gran doesn't have it, marty, and i'm here if ya wanna talk.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thanks guys! You're all a lovely bunch!

I had planned on having a few sneaky drinks tonight, but i've been put on taxi duty instead. Dropped the folks to the pub, and have to pick them up later. Well for them :p Sitting in drinking tea and watching a crappy movie.
    What's the movie?

Angron wrote: »
    What's the movie?

It was called Life As We Know It. Pretty crappy romantic comedy, but the guy it in would totally get it. Twice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looking at the cast of it, Katherine Heigl is hot, but I dunno if I'll ever look at her the same after Knocked Up.

Bahahaahah!!! The crowning!!!!!!!

Oh god, the crowning! D:

It's the most natural thing in the world!!

It was a comedy, and even though it was about someone being pregnant I still didn't expect them to show it :P

• Advertisement

Neither did I. When I saw it in the cinema I nearly spat my drink everywhere. Didn't help that we were drunk at the time and it was both the most hilarious AND disgusting thing we had ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It was called Life As We Know It. Pretty crappy romantic comedy, but the guy it in would totally get it. Twice.

Ah Josh Duhamel used to like him in the show Las Vegas but all his films have been prety **** including that one, I've seen it. It's a by the numbers rom-com but not the worst.
    Oh god, the crowning! D:

Ugh the crowning, the film that convinced me in no uncertain terms if I ever have a kid I aint heading south for view. Saw that in the cinema the whole cinema made this unified unexplainable disgusted noise :pac:, with some women laughing at mens reactons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Watching Tron Legacy at the minute...not sure what I'll stick on after. Maybe The Blues Brothers. It's been a while.

Ah Josh Duhamel used to like him in the show Las Vegas but all his films have been prety **** including that one, I've seen it. It's a by the numbers rom-com but not the worst.

I have no interest in his acting ability! HE'S SO PRETTY!!
    Ugh the crowning, the film that convinced me in no uncertain terms if I ever have a kid I aint heading south for view. Saw that in the cinema the whole cinema made this unified unexplainable disgusted noise :pac:, with some women laughing at mens reactons.

Any guy I've watched it with it just sit's there with an expression of pure unfiltered horror on their faces. I don't even watch that part, I just watch people's reactions.

One of the funniest things I ever heard about the daddy being at the birth was some comedian saying that watching his wife give birth was like watching his favourite pub burn down :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Oh god, the crowning! D:

This seems like something I would remember but have not. Hmmm...maybe I repressed it.

it convinced me that if I ever have a child, I'm paying for a Ceserean!

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    it convinced me that if I ever have a child, I'm paying for a Ceserean!

I intend to be so drugged up I wont care if they pull it out my nostril.

Any guy I've watched it with it just sit's there with an expression of pure unfiltered horror on their faces. I don't even watch that part, I just watch people's reactions.

One of the funniest things I ever heard about the daddy being at the birth was some comedian saying that watching his wife give birth was like watching his favourite pub burn down :D:D

:pac::pac::pac: all of that is brilliant.

I remember a mate of mine sat in the pub after his gf had just given birth we were naturally down wetting the babies head :D, when he started re living his trauma of what he saw some men had to get up and walk away while others looked to shocked/disgusted and appalled to even move :pac:, I decided best coarse of action was to down my pint.

I remember a mate of mine sat in the pub after his gf had just given birth we were naturally down wetting the babies head :D, when he started re living his trauma of what he saw some men had to get up and walk away while others looked to shocked/disgusted and appalled to even move :pac:, I decided best coarse of action was to down my pint.

What exactly do some guys think happens?! Their gf just gets fat, goes on holiday to the hospital and the stork pops in with a baby?? I wish!!

smartest thing you could do, tbh. I don't get why anyone would go into detail ffs. It's not something us non-parents want to hear!

My mate goes into long, detailed descriptions of the pain she felt while having her baby. I've taken to walking out of the room or shouting 'la la la, I can't hear you' each time she does it now.

• Advertisement

I'd say I'll be one of those who abuses the crap outta the baby daddy. Actually I know I will... I can't wait for that part :cool:

What exactly do some guys think happens?! Their gf just gets fat, goes on holiday to the hospital and the stork pops in with a baby?? I wish!!
    ...maaaaybe.

:pac:

Ha no we wish, but unless we have our own kids we don't want to picture one of our favorite things in all the wrong ways in vivid detail ;), much like if you watch a man see a another man get hit in the nuts majority will wince or grab there crotch.

I'd say I'll be one of those who abuses the crap outta the baby daddy. Actually I know I will... I can't wait for that part :cool:

You're cruel! i'd just tell him to stay the fook out of the room while it's happening. :pac: And to bring me back a vodka from the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I remember in biology in secondary school we were doing the reproductive system and someone said she had heard that a hormone was released during childbirth which made women forget the pain afterwards. Before she had even finished the sentence our teacher, who was pregnant at the time, was shaking her head and said 'Not true at all. I remember all of it very all, all thirty four hours.'

I loved biology, the dissecting stuff was fun :D

This seems like something I would remember but have not. Hmmm...maybe I repressed it.

I think all women do to a certain extent :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    You're cruel! i'd just tell him to stay the fook out of the room while it's happening. :pac: And to bring me back a vodka from the pub!

I know, im horrible :p it'll only be a fraction of the trauma I'll be going through!

I loved biology, the dissecting stuff was fun :D

I remember having a massive row with my bio teacher over that.

I was a very strict vegetarian for years, and flat out refused to do the dissections. My principal agreed that I didn't have to do them, because practical exams didn't happen, I just needed to know how to do the experiments and dissections so that I could write about them, and theoretically, I knew everything because I was a straight A student.

Day of the dissection comes, the teacher plonks a heart down in front of me. I remind her that I was told that I didn't have to do it. She stood there, screaming at me, including swear words and insults against my sister (who she never even taught!!), until I stood up and screamed back at her. So, she let me sit down and not do it, but demanded I sit next to everyone doing the dissections.

A few minutes later, I was extremely queasy from the smell and sight of what was going on, so I told her I needed to be sick and could I go to the bathroom. She told me to stop being a drama queen just because I was silly enough to not eat meat.

I asked again three times. She refused, re-iterating that I was stupid.

I then puked my ring up on the floor. :D

• Advertisement

I remember in biology in secondary school we were doing the reproductive system and someone said she had heard that a hormone was released during childbirth which made women forget the pain afterwards. Before she had even finished the sentence our teacher, who was pregnant at the time, was shaking her head and said 'Not true at all. I remember all of it very all, all thirty four hours.'

That is true to a certain extent. The body won't remember the intensity of the pain which is why women will still go ahead and get pregnant again if they want to add to the family that is.

I'd be the same as CC in the labour room, I would make him feel the pain alongside me and watch that coming out!!!!!

NOW TELL ME WHAT'S MORE PAINFUL!!! A KICK IN THE NUTS OR SQUEEZING A HUMAN LIFE OUT :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement