Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well they say bad luck runs in 3s, so hopefully that's the end of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Jesus man that is some string of bad luck.

Isn't there some sort of national fund to compensate people in cases of no insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Jesus PKM that is the biggest pile of sheite ever :( So sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Orim wrote: »
    Jesus man that is some string of bad luck.

Isn't there some sort of national fund to compensate people in cases of no insurance?

Yes, there's the MIBI (Motors Insurance Bureau of Ireland) but I was told I'd need a really good solicitor as they don't like to give out money, regardless of circumstances!

As for the luck, well if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any! LOL I also got a summons yesterday to go to court for doing 70kph in an 80 kph zone! What a waste of taxpayers money!! It's always something around here! :o
    hdowney wrote: »
    Jesus PKM that is the biggest pile of sheite ever So sorry

Thanks Helen, cheers.

Stolen from the noc forum. thought it might be appreciated

celtic_armor_shoulder-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Has anybody gotten Halloween flash? Regretted it?

Think I'll get something small if anything catches my eye when the shops start putting the flash out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If anyones interested theres a documnetary on Channel 4 tonight called "My Tattoo Addiction" if its any good or not remains to be seen but could be worth a watch.

EDIT: Just seen it has its own thread already.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Found this while browsing.Some great tattoo related quotes.

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoos_quotes.htm

My favourite

"If the body is a temple, then tattoos are its stained glass windows." - Vince Hemingson, Nov. 10, 2010 "

"You put a tattoo on yourself with the knowledge that this body is yours to have and enjoy while you're here. You have fun with it, and nobody else can control (supposedly) what you do with it. That's why tattooing is such a big thing in prison: it's an expression of freedom—one of the only expressions of freedom there. They can lock you down, control everything, but 'I've got my mind, and I can tattoo my body—alter it my way as an act of personal will.'" - Don Ed Hardy"

"It's a good thing they (tattoos) hurt, otherwise every pussy in the world would have one." - Jack Rudy

"The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. -- Author Unknown"

I like this one....
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    "It's a good thing they (tattoos) hurt, otherwise every pussy in the world would have one." - Jack Rudy

But I LOVE this one!! :D
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    "The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. -- Author Unknown"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive a day off--Im bored again so guess what Ive started my pumpkin tattoo.Just the outline done at the minute but so far its looking well.

Will post pics when I finish it.

• Advertisement

Pumpkin sounds like it could be cool :)

I'm lying here myself currently getting some work done on the ribs floating on boards as a distraction :o

Look forward to pics.

What work are you getting Marty? More on the film one?

I loved when I was in Skin City, they have a tv set up playing films. Saw Jurassic Park for the first time in years.

Look forward to pics.

What work are you getting Marty? More on the film one?

I loved when I was in Skin City, they have a tv set up playing films. Saw Jurassic Park for the first time in years.

Yeh adding more to the film one getting the girl from the beginning of battle royale just under terminator: )

Yeh loved that in skin city myself great for keeping ya occupied watched apocalypto and hot tub time machine the day I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Ooh battle royale, good addition to it.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Ooh battle royale, good addition to it.

Cheers I wanted something different in it non Hollywood like and it was between Oldboy and Battle Royale I chose Battle Royale got this (the girl and the teddy bear not the backround) done...

royale1.jpg

Sadly ran out of time to fully finish it but what is done I love :D.

Cheers I wanted something different in it non Hollywood like and it was between Oldboy and Battle Royale I chose Battle Royale got this (the girl and the teddy bear not the backround) done...

royale1.jpg

Sadly ran out of time to fully finish it but what is done I love :D.

How did you decide between her and Noriko in the end?

How did you decide between her and Noriko in the end?

I just decided that scene really set the tone for the film right at opening its really was one them momments were your kinda going wow to yourself and it set the tone for the film really early on and that image sticks with you. Plus I just loved the imagery of it, this innocent looking girl covered in blood smiling holding a teddy bear its so conflicting. Even in Zulu Remis loved it and none of them had ever seen the Battle Royale were all kinda blown away by it but laughing at the same time saying it was mad. Now to decide what goes next :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Photos?

In the middle of saving/bargaining for a Battle royale Manga/comic/book set.

People always underestimate how good Japanese cinema is until translated :)

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Photos?

In the middle of saving/bargaining for a Battle royale Manga/comic/book set.

People always underestimate how good Japanese cinema is until translated :)

Ah it not fully finished still some shading to do dont really want to be throwing up pictures of unfinished work :o.

Oh that could certainly be cool :), for me people underestimate not only Japanese cinema but Asian cinema, European and South America have all made some wonderful films but get overloooked by so many because subtitled films are crap :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love subtitled films.

What makes me cringe is dubbed films!

• Advertisement

I love subtitled films.

What makes me cringe is dubbed films!

:pac: dubbed films are the worst I have watched one or two due to people not willing to read subtitles its just looks so stupid and is really distracting from the film looking at all these mouths flapping about out of sync just ends up really getting on my nerves by the end and ruins the film for me.

Just back from the hospital, it's been 7 weeks since my accident and I had a check-up today. Apparently (for some mysterious reason) my collarbone is not healing. The doc put up todays x-ray along side the x-ray taken on the day of the accident and it's exactly the same. I've to go back into them in 6 weeks and if it's the same, they'll have to do surgery. Dammit anyway. :(

Ah man, that sucks. Fingers crossed for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Fingers crossed that it won't come to surgery, mate.

Everyone have a nice Halloween? I don't know why, but Halloween this year made me want to get a really gory tattoo, even though mine are all quite girly.

Quiet Halloween for me this year but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Nothing gory for me although I am starting to really like the day of the dead stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Always loved day of the dead stuff. Would deffo get something day of the dead inspired

I want something inspired by a horror movie, but unfortunately I'm such a little girl that I'm terrified of horror movies and have only seen about 2, both of which were rubbish. :pac:

Quiet Halloween for me this year but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Nothing gory for me although I am starting to really like the day of the dead stuff.

Same myself ive really taken a shine to day of the dead stuff lately so much so im contemplating a half leg sleeve, but not just the face thinking half the torso red roses skulls etc its been floating in the mind :o, just got to finish my two unfinished pieces first :o.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I want something inspired by a horror movie, but unfortunately I'm such a little girl that I'm terrified of horror movies and have only seen about 2, both of which were rubbish. pacman.gif

I always get annoyed when people haven't seen films so here's a list :P

Not so scary:
    Night of the Living Dead
    Dawn of the Dead (Original or Remake)
    The Shining
    Evil Dead
    28 Days Later

Scary/Gory:
    Friday the 13th
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Halloween
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Same myself ive really taken a shine to day of the dead stuff lately so much so im contemplating a half leg sleeve, but not just the face thinking half the torso red roses skulls etc its been floating in the mind redface.png, just got to finish my two unfinished pieces first redface.png.

Moar unfinished tattoos. I'm waiting to give blood before I get my next one so I have time to decide what I want. 4 months is a crazy amount of time to wait but I guess you can't be too careful with that kind of stuff.

• Advertisement

I always get annoyed when people haven't seen films so here's a list :P

Not so scary:
    Night of the Living Dead
    Dawn of the Dead (Original or Remake)
    The Shining
    Evil Dead
    28 Days Later

Scary/Gory:
    Friday the 13th
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Halloween
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre

:pac: Thanks! I've actually seen two of those (28 Days Later and Texas Chainsaw Massacre). I liked 28 Days Later (the sequel was rubbish), but TCM made me hide behind a cushion like a little bítch. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement