Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So close!! A moment of silence for our fallen comrade :(:(

Screw you guys! I'm getting drunk!

You could at least share.
    You mean it's gonna get WORSE?!?!?!?!

Ha yeh probably the more confident you get in the car im betting the more vocal you will get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

You could at least share.

Ha yeh probably the more confident you get in the car im betting the more vocal you will get.

Then you're all fecked. Seriously. What I didn't call some little aulwan in a micra today who cut me off wasn't worth calling her. She was about 90. My poor ma was in a heap laughing beside me. I can see the funny side now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

P_1 wrote: »

I'm meant to be even worse when I'm on the bike though

Jaysus, don't even get me started on that!!!!

Then you're all fecked. Seriously. What I didn't call some little aulwan in a micra today who cut me off wasn't worth calling her. She was about 90. My poor ma was in a heap laughing beside me. I can see the funny side now.....

I've only ever felt guilty from road rage once in my life :o, three weeks beforehand on the same roundabout some polish woman crashed into my baby (my car) using the wrong lane in a well known roundabout in Clondalkin tried to drive off had to chase her call the Gards she tried blaming me etc,

Anyways picked my up my car after finally got it fixed nice sunny day car was spotless happy with life come up to the same roundabout, next thing I see a Golf heading directly for my car it was like deja vu, without even looking I let roar a proper rant using every foul word I could imagine next thing I look at the driver shes about ninety, with her passenger the same both stopped dead in the middle of the roundabout jaws open wide in horror/shock they were still sat there as I drove off feeling a bit guilty purely because they were so old there reaction and the viciousness of the rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Jaysus, don't even get me started on that!!!!

Ah I'd only be on a pushbike. You need to have your wits about you going through town on it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ew, sports. WHERE ARE ALL THE FEMALES?!?!?

Sorry was watching Jon Richardon's stand up. I don't know anything about football...but sit me in a pub and give me a few pints and I ****ing think I do.

I've only ever felt guilty from road rage once in my life :o, three weeks beforehand on the same roundabout some polish woman crashed into my baby (my car) using the wrong lane in a well known roundabout in Clondalkin tried to drive off had to chase her call the Gards she tried blaming me etc,

Anyways picked my up my car after finally got it fixed nice sunny day car was spotless happy with life come up to the same roundabout, next thing I see a Golf heading directly for my car it was like deja vu, without even looking I let roar a proper rant using every foul word I could imagine next thing I look at the driver shes about ninety, with her passenger the same both stopped dead in the middle of the roundabout jaws open wide in horror/shock they were still sat there as I drove off feeling a bit guilty purely because they were so old there reaction and the viciousness of the rant.

But just because you're 90 doesn't mean you can treat a roundabout like a free for all! Bloody aulwans!
    Sorry was watching Jon Richardon's stand up. I don't know anything about football...but sit me in a pub and give me a few pints and I ****ing think I do.

He'd totally get it

What he like at stand up? Never seen, but do like him on Have I got News For You
    But just because you're 90 doesn't mean you can treat a roundabout like a free for all! Bloody aulwans!

Ah I know it was just there reaction people normally shout back or say sorry or something they just looked completely and utterly horrified and frozen, in saying that probably did think twice next time they were on that roundabout.

What he like at stand up? Never seen, but do like him on Have I got News For You

Ah I know it was just there reaction people normally shout back or say sorry or something they just looked completely and utterly horrified and frozen, in saying that probably did think twice next time they were on that roundabout.

He's quite good. Brilliant on 8 out 10 cats!

She learned a valuable lesson that day!

Ah yeh he's brilliant on that aswell, the best comedian I've seen do stnad up was Jimmy Carr in the Olympia had me in stitch's wouldn't want to be easily offended though, you name it it got abuse, which meant I loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

He did a documentary on OCD too which was quite good.

Ah yeh he's brilliant on that aswell, the best comedian I've seen do stnad up was Jimmy Carr in the Olympia had me in stitch's wouldn't want to be easily offended though, you name it it got abuse, which meant I loved it.

I love when comedians are no holes barred, no apologies about their stuff! Go hard or go home!
    Adiboo wrote: »
    He did a documentary on OCD too which was quite good.

I saw that! It was really good!

I love when comedians are no holes barred, no apologies about their stuff! Go hard or go home!

I saw that! It was really good!

Yeh im the exact same, he started the show off by explaining how it was his mission to offend at least one person befre the night was over. Im pretty sure he done it but I loved every joke. Im one them people that generally finds the sicker more offensive the joke the funnier.

Yeh im the exact same, he started the show off by explaining how it was his mission to offend at least one person befre the night was over. Im pretty sure he done it but I loved every joke. Im one them people that generally finds the sicker more offensive the joke the funnier.

I'm the same. There are very few topics that should be taboo when it comes to comedy. If you were to get that sensitive about jokes you'd never laugh

I'm the same. There are very few topics that should be taboo when it comes to comedy. If you were to get that sensitive about jokes you'd never laugh

Yeh I've never really understood when you hear of uproar every now and then over what some comedian said in there stand up show, its basically there job to push the limits and with some comedian like Jimmy Carr before you go see them most know exactly what kind of show there in for.

All this talk has me wanting to see Jimmy Carr again :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I've never really understood Jimmy Carrs act. It's mostly one liners on completely unrelated topics. Have you seen him live? What's he like? Only ever see him on tv. He's a pretty good presenter....and that laugh?!?! What is with that!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

His laugh kinda sounds like an engine turning over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Never really got the appeal behind Jimmy Carr to be honest.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I've never really understood Jimmy Carrs act. It's mostly one liners on completely unrelated topics. Have you seen him live? What's he like? Only ever see him on tv. He's a pretty good presenter....and that laugh?!?! What is with that!!

Yeh I've seen him live he's brilliant. He does do a lot of one liner's but also more elaborate jokes aswell and works in a fair bit of audience participation which helps get the crowd going he's toned down on tv compared to his live shows. Don't know whats up with the laugh maybe its just his laugh I don't know really.

Yeh I've never really understood when you hear of uproar every now and then over what some comedian said in there stand up show, its basically there job to push the limits and with some comedian like Jimmy Carr before you go see them most know exactly what kind of show there in for.

You're spot on. There's only so many times you can laugh at knock knock jokes. They're paid to make you laugh at things you never thought you'd laugh at!

Wanna hear my favourite joke?

Whats red and sits in the corner?
    A naughty strawberry
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nah, don't like Jimmy Carr at all. He never did anything for me. Rhod Gilbert though. That man makes me piss myself every time. And Jack Dee is just legend.

You're spot on. There's only so many times you can laugh at knock knock jokes. They're paid to make you laugh at things you never thought you'd laugh at!

Wanna hear my favourite joke?

Whats red and sits in the corner?
    A naughty strawberry
    :D:D:D

All my favorite jokes would probably get me in trouble :o.

One comedian I'd love to see is John Bishop was raging I missed him in the 02. Need to organise a boards comedy night with beers :). The laughter lounge is always good craic.

All my favorite jokes would probably get me in trouble :o.

One comedian I'd love to see is John Bishop was raging I missed him in the 02. Need to organise a boards comedy night with beers :). The laughter lounge is always good craic.

Myself and atavan are going there on Saturday!!

Myself and atavan are going there on Saturday!!

Bastards :cool::), It great I've been bout 4 or 5 times always enjoyed had a nice few beers then stroll out into town after makes for a great night out.

Think I've only seen one comedian crash and burn there aswell. Best comedian I seen there was Willa White he was class.

Bastards :cool::), It great I've been bout 4 or 5 times always enjoyed had a nice few beers then stroll out into town after makes for a great night out.

Think I've only seen one comedian crash and burn there aswell. Best comedian I seen there was Willa White he was class.

He got free tickets and bagged us 2 free cocktails too. I think aiden bishop is gonna be there. I've never been myself. And its rude to decline free drinks.

He got free tickets and bagged us 2 free cocktails too. I think aiden bishop is gonna be there. I've never been myself. And its rude to decline free drinks.

Free tickets and free drink jesus you couldn't turn that down. Yeh they usually have I think 5 comedians a night with one of them playing host so you get a nice variety. Im betting you will have a great night ;).

Free tickets and free drink jesus you couldn't turn that down. Yeh they usually have I think 5 comedians a night with one of them playing host so you get a nice variety. Im betting you will have a great night ;).

Ah I will! I always have a good night when atavan is about!

Ah I will! I always have a good night when atavan is about!

Aww aint that sweet ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

He'd totally get it

Yes, definitely.

He went on a bit much about cleaning and trying to get on with his hoursmates and stuff but once he got off that topic was really good. It wasn't that his material on stuff like his housemates doing the dishes etc. wasn't funny, it just went on a bit too long.

Saw him Castlebar two years ago, I only liked before but left loving him. Thing is as well his comedy is offensive but at the signing afterwards he was just really lovely. My then girlfriend completely froze up when he got to him and I thought he'd take the piss but he was actually really nice and made sure she was okay and then had a chat to me about what I was studying. I'm not one to get starstruck anyway but he's so down to earth and friendly it really puts you at ease.
    Well then buy yourself some tickets. :p

• Advertisement

The thing I like most about Jimmy Carr is that he'll happily take the piss out of himself as much as anyone else. Like when he was caught up in that tax issue a while back and there was an episode of cats where the entire panel just ripped into him. He sat there and took it like a champ, made jokes about himself for ages after. I found that really endearing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement