Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh I've done that too, I drink Aftershock most nights I go out, it's ridiculously hard to get a bottle in an offie though. I made the purple haze (red and blue mixed) quite popular in Longford :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Most spirits I tend to be grand with these days mainly because I'd only have the one or two but sweet jaysys a rake of Heineken pints would have me suffering for a while after

Pints wise for me its either Guinness or Bulmers, not a fan of any the mainstream beers pubs serve on tap. At home for a few beers it's always hit up the world section of the off licence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't stomach cider any more myself, haven't drank it since I was 17 or so I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Pints wise for me its either Guinness or Bulmers, not a fan of any the mainstream beers pubs serve on tap. At home for a few beers it's always hit up the world section of the off licence.

Yeah I tend to go for Smithwicks these days unless I'm in a craft beer pub. Then I'm like a kid in a sweet shop

Angron wrote: »
    I can't stomach cider any more myself, haven't drank it since I was 17 or so I reckon.

Yeh I know a lot of people like that aswell, I even went like that myself for a while. It was all the cheap cider as a teenager drinks like stonehouse. What got me back on it was my dislike of Heineken, Budweiser, Carlsberg etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

evening all! just home from the pub! not a drop was had i might add!! im a Guinness or Heineken man myself cant stomach cider since i was a teenager and whiskey despite my love of it ends me up in the worst of trouble :o

gregers85 wrote: »
    evening all! just home from the pub! not a drop was had i might add!! im a Guinness or Heineken man myself cant stomach cider since i was a teenager and whiskey despite my love of it ends me up in the worst of trouble :o

Your a stronger man than me. I can rarely do that and if I do im home and all by 11.

Vodka and Red Bull is my go to spirit drink normally after about 6 pints.

yeh there is a certain point when the lads are reachin a level of intoxication when you just gotta go if your sober haha it was a work night out tonight so a little more subdued then with the lads haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

... im a Guinness or Heineken man myself...

Snap. I'll only drink Guinness in certain pubs. If I'm not in one of them, it's Heineken. After a few and I move onto the small ones, it's JD & Coke or Southern Comfort and Red Bull. Can't drink whiskey as it drives me into a rage. :o

Snap. I'll only drink Guinness in certain pubs. If I'm not in one of them, it's Heineken. After a few and I move onto the small ones, it's JD & Coke or Southern Comfort and Red Bull. Can't drink whiskey as it drives me into a rage. :o

yeh im the exact same only a hand full of pubs ill drink guinness in! and other then that its heineken. I get what we call a "Rambo Buzz" from whiskey haha

• Advertisement

Defo only a Guinness is certain pubs, I tried a Guinness in Manchester once, was the end of a long weekend drinking waiting around the last day.

Feck it ill have a tasty Guinness what I got looked like a flat lager and had the texture of a lager took one sip and that was it.

last year i visited a mate of mine in Eindhoven and he brought me to a craft beer bar!! it was awesome they had over 200 beers to choose from, big huge fridges! the barmen had to roll around step ladders to get some of the beers! (all bottles) I was absolutely hammered leaving the place! some of the beers we where drinkin where up to 14% :eek: fell in love with this beer while i was there, Kwak 8.4% but really tasty!

249213.jpg

I think I'm grand on whiskey, never heard stories of me doing something stupid when drinking it anyway.

On high % beer, ever heard of Tactical Nuclear Penguin, or Sink the Bismarck? TNP is 32%, StB was 41%. Can't find them on the BrewDog website though, they must not make them any more :(

last year i visited a mate of mine in Eindhoven and he brought me to a craft beer bar!! it was awesome they had over 200 beers to choose from, big huge fridges! the barmen had to roll around step ladders to get some of the beers! (all bottles) I was absolutely hammered leaving the place! some of the beers we where drinkin where up to 14% :eek: fell in love with this beer while i was there, Kwak 8.4% but really tasty!

249213.jpg

I love the sounds of that place :), my favorite place for beer was Oktoberfest in Munich.

Auginsteiner was the nicest and strongest about 14% aswell and Hoffbrau was nice and the party tent. Every day started in Augusteiner then onto Hoffbrau :).

No hangovers the next morning was a gift aswell, no chemicals in any of the beers. Just be tired from being on a mad one.

I think I'm grand on whiskey, never heard stories of me doing something stupid when drinking it anyway.

On high % beer, ever heard of Tactical Nuclear Penguin, or Sink the Bismarck? TNP is 32%, StB was 41%. Can't find them on the BrewDog website though, they must not make them any more :(

Yeh now there's some rocket fuel!! isnt like 50pound sterling for a bottle of sink the bismar?
    I love the sounds of that place :), my favorite place for beer was Oktoberfest in Munich.

Auginsteiner was the nicest and strongest about 14% aswell and Hoffbrau was nice and the party tent. Every day started in Augusteiner then onto Hoffbrau :).

No hangovers the next morning was a gift aswell, no chemicals in any of the beers. Just be tired from being on a mad one.

Myself nd herself where just talkin yest about trying to get a group together to go this yr!! have always wanted to go!!

Yeah, something like that. They were since passed out by some German beer though that went up to 50-something.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Night all.

Myself nd herself where just talkin yest about trying to get a group together to go this yr!! have always wanted to go!!

I couldn't praise it enough was the best holiday I ever had, went with 12 lads was crazy.

The craic and sing songs are amazing, your drinking with people from all different cultures all over the world and of all ages its get 2 million visitors for the two weeks its on.

The beer is delicious, the chicken is out of this world. Go to any of the tents and get a full chicken to yourself wont regret it. When you get back your so used to drinking stein's a pint feels like a shot. Get drunk have the craic stumble out get on rollercoaster, hit the fun house etc then if your able move onto the pubs/clubs.

One thing avoid weekends to bust you get a lot of Italians especially, coming up for the weekend, place does be jammers can't get into tents by 1pm full.

It aint cheap but its amazing and go Monday to Friday job. I will go back someday without a doubt.

Shiit quality video but this is the Hoffbrau tent during the day and there 13 more like it and plenty of other things around aswell, everyone up on the tables and chairs place in full swig and still during the day. No fights or nothing if there is one stopped very quickly this being Germany they dont mess about.

a mate of mine was there a few years ago with a rake of his army buddies and he said the same wanna the best weeks he ever had!!

haha the vid looks mental alright!! cant beat a good sing song hah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

249213.jpg

Kwak is fecking delish stuff. The Bull and Castle in Dublin serve it, complete with the funky glasses

P_1 wrote: »
    Kwak is fecking delish stuff. The Bull and Castle in Dublin serve it, complete with the funky glasses

Sweet!!! I've seen it on the o'briens website but never in any of the shops down here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Love going through my wardrobes only to realise i have to throw out literally half of my clothes cause they're all too big now. :D Delighted :D

Not too shabby :P How're you today Eso?

Not too shabby :P How're you today Eso?

I'm good, turns out my hangover yesterday wasn't a hangover, I'm just sick. But this is my first Saturday off since I started my job, I'm meeting my friends in town later for dinner and I have a lovely new dress on :D So everything's good here. How are you? :)

And how is everyone? :)

Eh, I'm good. Might go out tonight, gonna see if many of my friends are gonna head out anyway.

Eh, I'm good. Might go out tonight, gonna see if many of my friends are gonna head out anyway.

go get drunk :) I'm encouraging everyone to get drunk tonight, living vicariously through other people 'cause I can't drink tonight. :pac:

Just got myself a smartphone, Sony Xperia, nice bit of tech! Struggling with the texts tho! Dam these fat fingers haha :p

I have the xperia U myself, I'm quite fond of it. I'm also the only one of my siblings that doesn't have an iPhone now :P

I have the xperia U myself, I'm quite fond of it. I'm also the only one of my siblings that doesn't have an iPhone now :P

It's the T I got myself haven't put it down all mornin haha yeh I refused not to get the iphone as well plenty of phones out there just as good nd fraction of the price

Im in the minority with my friends, I don't like I phones at all, got one free for an upgrade used it for a week sold it and went back to my HTC much prefer the Android operating system.

Made a nice 35o euro from selling it to, which wasn't to shabby.

• Advertisement

Im in the minority with my friends, I don't like I phones at all, got one free for an upgrade used it for a week sold it and went back to my HTC much prefer the Android operating system.

Made a nice 35o euro from selling it to, which wasn't to shabby.
    Apple just have unbelievable publicity!!

yeh not too shabby at all hah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement