Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gregers85 wrote: »
    Apple just have unbelievable publicity!!

yeh not too shabby at all hah

To right Apple are the kings of marketing really.

Just had myself a 1000 calorie smoothie takes a nice chunk out of my 3500 thousand target. Never mind all the unhealthy pints ill be having later ha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't get the big deal with iPhones either. My phone was under half of what my older sister paid for her iPhone, and she managed to crack the screen within a month of getting it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

To right Apple are the kings of marketing really.

Just had myself a 1000 calorie smoothie takes a nice chunk out of my 3500 thousand target. Never mind all the unhealthy pints ill be having later ha.

What in the name of god was in it?!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I had an iphone before(3GS) and wouldnt listen to anyone who told me to switch to Android. I got a Galaxy S3 last June, best phone related decision i ever made.

What in the name of god was in it?!!!

Eh Fomage frais, almonds, red skin peanuts, peanut butter, pineapple, strawberry's, frozen fruits, whey gold standard protein and powdered oats. Doesn't taste as bad as it sounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

just throwing it out there if any body is interested Darren Brass is guesting in Allstar Limerick in June! I'm booked in for a small piece from him :D

just throwing it out there if any body is interested Darren Brass is guesting in Allstar Limerick in June! I'm booked in for a small piece from him :D

Expensive?

Getting more of the arm done?

Melion wrote: »
    Expensive?

nope, shop prices! Iv been tattoo'd by a few of the lads guests and only ever get charged the shop rate!

Getting more of the arm done?

No, Im waiting for Matt Beckerich to back from NY in september to finish his piece and my arm is finished! time to move on to the next :D

Im getting a small piece for my cousin, she passed away last summer, she was only 8! just something small for her yano

• Advertisement

Off to the Munster Leinster match! woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Off to the Munster Leinster match! woohoo

Lucky Fecker. Enjoy but don't get too upset when we beat ye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Was there someone on here commenting on Andy Engels fanpage on facebook earlier in relation to copying tattoos? Not sure but think I saw Marty comment? Reason I ask is that it appears to have been removed now and I'm wondering why the whole conversation/thread got removed? Found it interesting reading others perspective on it.

In other news, I hate people on some animal welfare pages who haven't a f**king clue what they're talking about and spout sh!te when I try to inform them in a rightful manner. Incredibly ignorant people out there!! Christ I hate the majority of the population!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Was there someone on here commenting on Andy Engels fanpage on facebook earlier in relation to copying tattoos? Not sure but think I saw Marty comment? Reason I ask is that it appears to have been removed now and I'm wondering why the whole conversation/thread got removed? Found it interesting reading others perspective on it.

Was that the dolls face hand tattoo? I love his one, the copy was very poorly done in comparison. It must be very annoying to have people do a rubbish job copying his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

In other news, I hate people on some animal welfare pages who haven't a f**king clue what they're talking about and spout sh!te when I try to inform them in a rightful manner. Incredibly ignorant people out there!! Christ I hate the majority of the population!!

Oh don't get me started on those people...

:pac::pac: freaky that you knew it was me :o,

Yeh I noticed it got removed aswell no idea why. It was actually pretty cool reading others perspectives and Andy himself was getting involved aswell liking and replying to comments. No idea why he removed it maybe because of the picture he used of the copy someone did of his work.

I might be over-reacting but this is one of the best tattoos i have ever seen

46630_443929949029893_531881119_n.jpg

Melion wrote: »
    I might be over-reacting but this is one of the best tattoos i have ever seen

Nice :cool:, whos the artist? Looks like Roman Abrego's style, I could be very wrong though :o.

Yes that's the one Melion. It had several replies from people and the image with the comparison is the cover for his "photos" though I can't find the image/conversation anymore?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have to wonder; why would anyone get Steve Jobs' face on themselves?

• Advertisement

Apple has a crazy cult following, doesn't really surprise me :) Especially with the tears after his death.

Angron wrote: »
    I have to wonder; why would anyone get Steve Jobs' face on themselves?

It wouldn't be for me either but for a lot of people Steve Jobs was a visionary and a man to be admired, there's a reason there making a film based on his life story ;).

I always kind of thought Jobs was an ass, and apple products are far too expensive for what you're getting.

:pac::pac: freaky that you knew it was me :o,

Yeh I noticed it got removed aswell no idea why. It was actually pretty cool reading others perspectives and Andy himself was getting involved aswell liking and replying to comments. No idea why he removed it maybe because of the picture he used of the copy someone did of his work.

Whoops sorry, missed this. Alot of posts at the same time it seems :)

Don't ask me how I know it was you, think it was ages ago on here there was a conversation on how people knew each other through facebook and I somehow noted yours for some reason :confused:. Think it was in relation to you being tattooed by Remis so I clocked ya. If it makes ya feel any better I never remember your name (even now), just your profile pic ;)

Yeah I love how he gets involved in his chats. Had commented on it myself so was curious to see had he responded but now I shall never know :(. Was nice he seemed to acknowledge all perspectives though.

Angron wrote: »
    I always kind of thought Jobs was an ass, and apple products are far too expensive for what you're getting.

He was a marketing directors wet dream though. There's not much diversity amongst Apple products, but people MUST HAVE the latest addition to the catalogue :rolleyes:

Whoops sorry, missed this. Alot of posts at the same time it seems :)

Don't ask me how I know it was you, think it was ages ago on here there was a conversation on how people knew each other through facebook and I somehow noted yours for some reason :confused:. Think it was in relation to you being tattooed by Remis so I clocked ya. If it makes ya feel any better I never remember your name (even now), just your profile pic ;)

Yeah I love how he gets involved in his chats. Had commented on it myself so was curious to see had he responded but now I shall never know :(. Was nice he seemed to acknowledge all perspectives though.

:pac::pac: your grand sure I've nothing to hide a few people on here are already on my facebook :). Your lucky he deleted it now I can't go snoop see if I guess who you are :P.

Yeh I think he was just looking for perspectives on it, he didn't seem to happy about it himself.

:pac::pac: your grand sure I've nothing to hide a few people on here are already on my facebook :). Your lucky he deleted it now I can't go snoop see if I guess who you are :P.

Yeh I think he was just looking for perspectives on it, he didn't seem to happy about it himself.

I shall keep my cloak of invisibilty for now, therefore you will never know who I am for our next battle of words :cool:

Honestly, I can understand his irritation, it was a very original piece to have been copied by another artist. However on the other hand he has done alot of iconic images as tattoos to which he doesn't own copyright, so I was wondering if that little bit of information may have hit home to him :confused:. It was mentioned a bit throughout the conversation I noted.

Nice :cool:, whos the artist? Looks like Roman Abrego's style, I could be very wrong though :o.

Nikko hurtado

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Saw that Steve Jobs tat on facebook earlier. Phenomenal work, shame about the subject material :P

I didn't see the thing about the copying tattoos but I have to say it goes on all the time. Not just tattoos but all mediums. I mean look at the one Melion posted would the photographer have any comeback since it's essentially a copy of their photo? Look at the millions of people doing the praying hands/sugar skulls/day of the dead girls/whatever.

Having said that, I think I remember the piece and it was unique enough that I can see the point but end of the day, the way to win this battle is to keep doing unique pieces like it and do them better.

Hadn't realised that Iron Man 3 is out next week. Completely changed my mood today. Can't wait for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Orim wrote: »
    Saw that Steve Jobs tat on facebook earlier. Phenomenal work, shame about the subject material :P

I didn't see the thing about the copying tattoos but I have to say it goes on all the time. Not just tattoos but all mediums. I mean look at the one Melion posted would the photographer have any comeback since it's essentially a copy of their photo? Look at the millions of people doing the praying hands/sugar skulls/day of the dead girls/whatever.

Having said that, I think I remember the piece and it was unique enough that I can see the point but end of the day, the way to win this battle is to keep doing unique pieces like it and do them better.

Hadn't realised that Iron Man 3 is out next week. Completely changed my mood today. Can't wait for it :D

Feck didn't realise that. What day is it out?

Also that win down in Mordor felt more satisfying than usual

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement