Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I'll avoid taking painkillers, but I have no problem taking stuff like Ibuprofen which has anti-inflammatory and will help me heal with less trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'll avoid taking painkillers, but I have no problem taking stuff like Ibuprofen which has anti-inflammatory and will help me heal with less trauma.

I'd be the same tbh, well apart from headaches. Muscle pain and its straight to the anti inflammatories for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Arawn wrote: »
    I'm including headache tabs the lot

Yup, I've always subscribed to the idea that you can build up too much of a resistance to painkillers and as such I've avoided them in case I really need them after some major accident/surgery/w/e and I want them to work as effectively.

Although I do recall having a major Calpol addiction as a kid but that's just because it tasted so damn good. Should really be some sort calpol cocktail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I've never had morphine, id love to give it a try!

My mum was on loads of morphine when she shattered her hip a few years back. A member of staff passing her room said 'Good morning Harriet' and she thought he said 'Good morning campers'. She thought she was in a holiday camp and was wondering where her sister, who she was convinced she was sharing the room with, was gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My mum was on loads of morphine when she shattered her hip a few years back. A member of staff passing her room said 'Good morning Harriet' and she thought he said 'Good morning campers'. She thought she was in a holiday camp and was wondering where her sister, who she was convinced she was sharing the room with, was gone.

My mum told me once that while my uncle was on morphine, about 8 years ago, after a major operation, he became convinced that he was Britney Spears and told everyone who'd listen that he had to get to his concert. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Adiboo wrote: »
    Dirty hipster head on ya!

You, of ALL people, are forbidden from judging my hipster tendencies!
    Didn't do a damn thing for me in any way.

Is morphine the strongest painkillers you can get?

I'll never forget the time i was in A&e with an asthma attack and there was a poor aulfella in absolute agony with his back. He could barely move and was in almost in tears with pain, the nurses refused him any pain relief! I felt so bad for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'll never forget the time i was in A&e with an asthma attack and there was a poor aulfella in absolute agony with his back. He could barely move and was in almost in tears with pain, the nurses refused him any pain relief! I felt so bad for him!

I hate seeing anyone like that. I feel helpless/useless.

I hate seeing anyone like that. I feel helpless/useless.

My heart went out to him. He was about 60, and either he was genuinely in agony, or he was worthy of an Oscar. I've never seen anyone in that much pain. The nurses were just like 'Sorry we can't give you any pain relief till you see a doctor'. By the time he arrived I had already been waiting about 5 hours (barely able to breath) so he had a long, painful night ahead of him.

My heart went out to him. He was about 60, and either he was genuinely in agony, or he was worthy of an Oscar. I've never seen anyone in that much pain. The nurses were just like 'Sorry we can't give you any pain relief till you see a doctor'. By the time he arrived I had already been waiting about 5 hours (barely able to breath) so he had a long, painful night ahead of him.

That's cruel. I'm sure they have their reasons (as stated) but FFS help the man!

That's cruel. I'm sure they have their reasons (as stated) but FFS help the man!

That wasn't the worst I've seen. One time I was in a&e (more bloody asthma) and in was DRAGGED one of the biggest scumbags, screaming and shouting, that I've ever encountered......... with 3/4's of his lip dangling off. Literally his lip was just flapping around on his chin. It was absolutely vile. And hilarious because his girlfriend had bitten the feckin' thing off!!!

• Advertisement

That wasn't the worst I've seen. One time I was in a&e (more bloody asthma) and in was DRAGGED one of the biggest scumbags, screaming and shouting, that I've ever encountered......... with 3/4's of his lip dangling off. Literally his lip was just flapping around on his chin. It was absolutely vile. And hilarious because his girlfriend had bitten the feckin' thing off!!!

FFS!!! Weird how sometimes with something like that, it's a partner or family member that's done it. :eek: I've seen stuff like that too. Not nice!

FFS!!! Weird how sometimes with something like that, it's a partner or family member that's done it. :eek: I've seen stuff like that too. Not nice!

Apparently he did the durt on her and that was her revenge, or so he shouted out multiple times.

Apparently you could bite through your finger as easily as you would a carrot, but your brain doesn't let you. It's always interesting how much damage humans can do to one another when they ignore natural instinct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

There was a guy at Oxegen a couple of years ago absolutely out of his mind, sat in his tent eating his hands.

Apparently you could bite through your finger as easily as you would a carrot, but your brain doesn't let you. It's always interesting how much damage humans can do to one another when they ignore natural instinct.

I REALLY WANNA TRY!!!

I REALLY WANNA TRY!!!

Yeah.... Yeah you do that... And, errr, let us know how it goes... Good luck! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

There was a guy at Oxegen a couple of years ago absolutely out of his mind, sat in his tent eating his hands.

Holy **** that sounds horrific....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Jaysus :eek: You'd have to wonder what cocktail of chemicals he had going through his body to make him do that

Yeah.... Yeah you do that... And, errr, let us know how it goes... Good luck! :p

It hurted so I stopped....

P_1 wrote: »
    Jaysus :eek: You'd have to wonder what cocktail of chemicals he had going through his body to make him do that

Reminds me of a story years ago about a guy taking his own eyes out with a claw hammer while he was on acid. Thought there was rats in there or something. So I'll go with acid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Orim wrote: »
    Reminds me of a story years ago about a guy taking his own eyes out with a claw hammer while he was on acid. Thought there was rats in there or something. So I'll go with acid.

Jesus Christ!!!! Things that drugs do to people!!

Had morphine myself and was laid out on the table/bed with the really bright triple lights over me. Was convinced aliens had abducted me and I was asking where Mulder and Scully were :) Also asked something like if I could rollercoaster on the rings of Saturn??

To the other extreme on it and due to the serious head injuries, I thought the fan by the bed to keep me cool was about to fall on top of me and rip my face off. Have never before felt such a sense of horror and incapability to remedy the "situation" at the same time. Petrifying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

So I'll go with acid.

Yeah apparently it was. I didn't hang around to ask him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It hurted so I stopped....

You should bite someone else's finger it won't hurt ya
    I remember years ago drank myself silly and had a headache while drinkin so took a aspirin like a gob****e and bit me nails right down an next day hardly able to feel me fingers was that sore and still had a headache >:-(

So tomorrow I get to take my brother (drug dependent hypochondriac) to the doctors. After 8 years of hell my poor mam is clutching at straws and somehow thinks having his little sister sitting in a doctors office will be some kind of wake up call. In a way I can see where she's coming from because I have a lot less emotional attachment than she does and will actually be able to tell a doctor what the story is. But I also know it will achieve absolutely nothing. A waste of petrol is what it is. But hey, I'll get the driving experience if nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So tomorrow I get to take my brother (drug dependent hypochondriac) to the doctors. After 8 years of hell my poor mam is clutching at straws and somehow thinks having his little sister sitting in a doctors office will be some kind of wake up call. In a way I can see where she's coming from because I have a lot less emotional attachment than she does and will actually be able to tell a doctor what the story is. But I also know it will achieve absolutely nothing. A waste of petrol is what it is. But hey, I'll get the driving experience if nothing else!

Jesus that doesn't sound good sounds like it's been rough :( hopefully he'll get sorted. But Yay more driving experience.

Jesus I thought I had, had some experience on drink and other stuffs in the past but chewing your own hands off shiit. Some people mentally just shouldn't drink or touch any drugs it's personifies the issue ten fold..

Oh and working Sunday nights is depressing.

People have shouted and stuff has been smashed. I'm fairly certain some of my neighbours have killed each other.
    Oh and working Sunday nights is depressing.

Could be worse, could be unable to sleep with work on Monday morning :(

People have shouted and stuff has been smashed. I'm fairly certain some of my neighbours have killed each other.

Could be worse, could be unable to sleep with work on Monday morning :(

Ouch Yeh that is worse, I've spent many a Monday zombified from lack of sleep,I feel your pain. Hopefully your not up to early.

I've got Mondays off college this semester, makes for pleasant weekends. I can afford to stay up 'til half four! :p

Ouch Yeh that is worse, I've spent many a Monday zombified from lack of sleep,I feel your pain. Hopefully your not up to early.

8 o'clock. I've given up on getting any sleep tonight. Doing housework at the moment and general pottering at the moment.

• Advertisement

I've got Mondays off college this semester, makes for pleasant weekends. I can afford to stay up 'til half four! :p

Nice, all depends on my hours, this week I'm working Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night then barring any overtime or someone pulling a sickie I'm off till next Tuesday :)
    8 o'clock. I've given up on getting any sleep tonight. Doing housework at the moment and general pottering at the moment.

Ouch Yeh your going to have a long Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement