Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    People have shouted and stuff has been smashed. I'm fairly certain some of my neighbours have killed each other.

I've never had a full on fight like that - I feel like I'm missing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

jenizzle wrote: »
    I've never had a full on fight like that - I feel like I'm missing out!

You are. There's nothing like wrecking your own stuff to show someone how mad you are.

Although I've never had anything major, the worst I did was to break a phone after hanging up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Can't say I've ever wrecked my own belongings in a rage before, I don't get angry easily.

My sister destroyed her stuff the other day though. Slashed her mattress to pieces with a knife, ripped up her clothes, threw her phone down the stairs, etc etc. I don't think I'd ever get angry enough to do that. :pac:

Work is unbelievably quiet. I've made about sixty euro since 10am. Kill me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Worst thing I've probably done in anger was to fúck my phone into the Liffey after a particularly annoying phone call

You lot have anger issues. :pac:

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    You lot have anger issues. :pac:

Not at all, we let it out and deal with our anger. On the otherhand, someone like you is clearly just waiting for someone to cut into the wrong line before going on a homicidal rampage.

Orim wrote: »
    Not at all, we let
    it out and deal with our anger. On the otherhand, someone like you is
    clearly just waiting for someone to cut into the wrong line before going
    on a homicidal rampage.

Destroying things isn't a healthy wa of dealing with anger. When I get angry, I use words to get my feelings out, or do something that releases endorphins, like going for a run. No homicidal rampage for me just yet. :D Kind of tempted to smash my laptop, just to see how much fun it is now, though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I tend to work out my issues with music, the louder and more aggressive the better. I've never wrecked my stuff though, I tend to like my possessions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I've punched and pillows other inanimate objects but never destroyed anything. I prefer screaming.

We sound like a very angry lot in here! Tbh, I only get angry about once a year or less. I'm more likely to get upset at something than angry. I'm such a feckin' girl. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Anyone seen Anger Management? Implosive vs explosive!

No need to worry about people that smash stuff, it's the quiet ones who're gonna snap some day and do some real damage :p

Gosh, I love Jack Nicholson!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I'm implosive i think! get all my anger out on the rugby field haha spare me loosing all my mates when i have a few drinks :p haha

I'm explosive, just not destructive. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I tend to suppress things a lot, it was how I was brought up really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Same here, most stuff that annoys me tends to stay inside aside from the occasional rant. Swinging a golf club in anger on a driving range helps express rage in a constructive way for me though :pac:

I tend to just hole myself up and listen to music. Nothing like someone else's anguish to sooth your own!

What sort of music do you listen to?

Kind of hard to explain. A lot of post-punk and new wave stuff from the '70s and '80s, I love The Cure. The big alt rock/metal bands of the '00s like Queens of the Stone Age, Deftones and Smashing Pumpkins. Lot of experimental stuff, ranging from the Velvet Underground to Sonic Youth. I'm on a progressive spree at the moment, listening to Kansas and Porcupine Tree. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I used to be explosive, well more explosive these days ill just rant back in the day my go to move anytime I lost my temper was punching holes in doors and walls, but managing to break a knuckle on both hands at seperate times managed to put an end to eventually.

You lot have scary tempers. Jesus. :pac: I'd hate to annoy any of you. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Some anger is healthy and indeed, necessary.
    The problem occurs most often when the recipient of your wrath is not the original source.
    Counselling helps I found.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    You lot have scary tempers. Jesus. :pac: I'd hate to annoy any of you. :o

My temper will just flare up and I'll generally throw something whatever I'm holding at the time. It's fairly rare aside from playing games. Some games will just get my goat and the controller will go flying. I used to keep a big stack of CDs in front of where I played and one day I flung the controller at the CDs. Shattered about 10 - 15 cases :o

This guy has skills, there is not much on his Facebook but what is there is impressive.

Klaus Hu Fruhmann

394818_514659765244841_658610732_n.jpg

419588_348457665205221_55350826_n.jpg

483529_348458071871847_1359053408_n.jpg

486785_348458258538495_1841671547_n.jpg

526039_455767771140876_1903195575_n.jpg

430057_455767841140869_1165524191_n.jpg
    306522_463389070378746_1485523898_n.jpg599921_406546672729653_2079339623_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd seen that bearded man one before, it's phenomenal!
    Wouldn't be too keen on the hulk one, it's made him look cross eyed for some reason!
    The rest are fantastic though, and I love the Watchmen/Rorschach one in particular!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'd seen that bearded man one before, it's phenomenal!

I linked it ages ago :p

Yeh I had seen the bearded one a few times before, it's stunning. But had never seen any of his other work.

Damn you for spotting the eyes on the Hulk, I keep looking at it now, it does seem to make him look a bit cross eyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I just spent the last hour being verbally abused by my brother, who was not at all grateful for me spending my afternoon taxi-ing him around. But I conquered the walkinstown roundabout and im damn proud!!

I just spent the last hour being verbally abused by my brother, who was not at all grateful for me spending my afternoon taxi-ing him around. But I conquered the walkinstown roundabout and im damn proud!!

Go you, the Walkinstown roundabout can be fairly daunting when your still fairly new to driving, that roundabout can be lunacy.

Sounds like a rubbish half hour, sorry cc. :(

Nearly finished work, only about half an hour left. Cannot wait for this day to end, it's been horrendous.

On another note... I got my exam and assignment results from college today.....

DISTINCTION :D FCUK YEAH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Go you, the Walkinstown roundabout can be fairly daunting when your still fairly new to driving, that roundabout can be lunacy.

It's every man for himself on thay bloody roundabout. Just cos you make it through alive once doesn't mean you will again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement