Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's every man for himself on thay bloody roundabout. Just cos you make it through alive once doesn't mean you will again!

You think that's bad, check out any youtube videos of the Arc de Triomphe roundabout!!!
    Here's an example:

The main problem with the Walkinstown roundabout is that too many people go on it that don't know how the hell to use it, and ignore the road markings there. I've had people go round the outside of it, when they're going most/all the way round it, so you end up having to stop just to let them pass you when you're trying to turn off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

You think that's bad, check out any youtube videos of the Arc de Triomphe roundabout!!!

I've been to Paris and actually traffic watched cars going around. Had Inspector Clueso in my head watching it :pac: It'd be the thing he'd end up causing a heap of havoc without realising :D. Nutters driving there though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:pac: yeh Paris is mental every second car over there has dints in it. I would have nervous breakdown my car is to clean for that city. I love there way of parallel parking, if there's not enough space make space by bumper rubbing the other cars to make space.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Does anyone here have a healed scarification piece? I'm trying to look at as many healed examples of scarification as I can, but the internet is full of fresh pieces.

I know, the French are hilarious :) Not a hope of just stepping across any part of the street either, big no-no, you will get run over!!

• Advertisement

Does anyone here have a healed scarification piece? I'm trying to look at as many healed examples of scarification as I can, but the internet is full of fresh pieces.

Would the artist who is doing it for you have some in their portfolio at home or in studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

:pac: yeh Paris is mental every second car over there has dints in it.

Probably from going round the Arc de Triomphe roundabout! Car insurance is null and void while on that roundabout!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Would the artist who is doing it for you have some in their portfolio at home or in studio?

Maybe, I'll drop him a message. Ireland gets very little traffic in scarification anyway, and I imagine only a fraction of that would care enough to send him healed pics.

Probably from going round the Arc de Triomphe roundabout! Car insurance is null and void while on that roundabout!

:pac: Yeh I remember watching the Top Gear were the three lads were in super cars going around the Arc de Triomphe bricking it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was in Paris before, and I hated pretty much every second of it. We went over for Disneyland, which was grand, but when we took a day out to visit the city proper, I just wanted to be out of there.

• Advertisement

Really? Why'd you feel the need to get out if you mind me asking?

Personally, I thought it was amazing. Free entry to the Louvre, Notre Dame, another little chapel called the Blue Chapel in english (teeny tiny but the coloured glass were superb!! and loadsa of yummy french food :) Also the cemetery where Oscar Wilde is buried is incredible!!! Like mini mansion head stones in there.The Eiffel Tower was a bit meh. Bit touristy with an ice rink on it and the food was so expensive in the cafe!!! Views are amazing, but the crowd and wet weather ruined it for me that day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe I just happened to meet a poor selection of the city, but it seemed that nearly everyone I met was unjustifiably arrogant, which made it hard to enjoy anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all. :)

Re: tempers etc. I have a vicious temper and a short fuse. Bad combination really. I try as much as possible to NOT throw the head as stuff tends to gets broke. I've punched through walls, ripped doors off hinges, pulled presses off walls etc. Although I'm not as bad as I used to be. :o

So today I was at my gran's funeral. A sad occasion obviously. Without sounding disrespectful, it was like an episode of Father Ted!! :rolleyes: The priests were about 90 yrs old, if a day, and kept bumping into things and dropping the incense on the ground and tried to pick it up with their bare hands. :pac: Then at the graveyard, they were getting ready to drop the coffin into the grave, and the young lad who was working with the Funeral Director couldn't hold the strap and was letting the coffin fall. My aunt called me to help out, and I ended up having to take the strap off him and drop the coffin in with the other guy. Such a joke!!

Well, it's all over now anyway. So how's everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm sorry for laughing, PKM, because I know it was a very sad event, but holy shít that sounds ridiculous.

Glad the day is over for you, so you can try to relax. Take care of yourself mate.

Angron wrote: »
    I was in Paris before, and I hated pretty much every second of it. We went over for Disneyland, which was grand, but when we took a day out to visit the city proper, I just wanted to be out of there.

I was kinda the same, now I had a great trip but that was mainly to do with banter amongst 20,000 Irish fans. The touristy parts of the city were nice, but most of it is a dump, euro Disney was cool, stade de France was amazing. But what turned me of the city mostly was the people found the majority rude, cold and ignorant. Now all the Africans loved the Irish and were friendly and seemed to hate the French aswell. Now I have heard in south of France the people are much nicer, but have yet to visit.

Yeah the people can be a bit grumpy alright, but I found with most if you attempted to speak the language you were a sound person :) Customer service with a smile doesn't exist over there really :)

Sorry for the day you had PKM, always hard to lose someone. I don't know if things are differant in comparison to Dublin, but here the family members (those who would be able to keep it together) would lower the coffin in. Think I'm remembering that right. And we definitely dig the plot and put the dirt back in ourselves. I know now regulation is trying to stop that but you try preventing tradition in rural Ireland :)

The priests sound funny. I always prefer something like that to take the edge off just a little. Something to smile about after instead of saying "a lovely service" :) If that were me I'd infer a message was being sent from the grave, I'm a little silly like that.

At least she's at peace now, and that's always something to be grateful for x

I was kinda the same, now I had a great trip but that was mainly to do with banter amongst 20,000 Irish fans. The touristy parts of the city were nice, but most of it is a dump, euro Disney was cool, stade de France was amazing. But what turned me of the city mostly was the people found the majority rude, cold and ignorant. Now all the Africans loved the Irish and were friendly and seemed to hate the French aswell. Now I have heard in south of France the people are much nicer, but have yet to visit.
    Yeah the people can be a bit grumpy alright, but I found with most if you attempted to speak the language you were a sound person :) Customer service with a smile doesn't exist over there really :)

Yeah, I was over there a few years ago, I got tickets to a big car show, new models being revealed etc. I was there for 3 days and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong, the Sacre Coeur is cool and the Opera House is amazing....but nothing would make me go back.
    Sorry for the day you had PKM, always hard to lose someone. I don't know if things are differant in comparison to Dublin, but here the family members (those who would be able to keep it together) would lower the coffin in. Think I'm remembering that right. And we definitely dig the plot and put the dirt back in ourselves. I know now regulation is trying to stop that but you try preventing tradition in rural Ireland :)

The priests sound funny. I always prefer something like that to take the edge off just a little. Something to smile about after instead of saying "a lovely service" :) If that were me I'd infer a message was being sent from the grave, I'm a little silly like that.

At least she's at peace now, and that's always something to be grateful for x

Yeah, was a bit of a funny day alright. Thanks a mill. :)

Never got to see the Sacre Coeur :( Seen it from NotreDame, looked amazing!!

Would love to go back on a photography trip. The place is just full of good images. And I'd want another day in the Louvre, had to run through it.

Never got to see the Sacre Coeur :( Seen it from NotreDame, looked amazing!!

Would love to go back on a photography trip. The place is just full of good images. And I'd want another day in the Louvre, had to run through it.

It has fantastic buildings. Sacre Coeur is savage! I liked Notre Dame too, but the Opera House was my favourite. Did the obvious Champs Elysees and Eiffel Tower and the art galleries and stuff too. France would be great if it wasn't full of French people! :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Paris and the rest of France is like D4 vs. the rest of Ireland. I found the folk in the south of France (Basques in particular) to be exceptionally friendly

• Advertisement

legspin wrote: »
    Paris and the rest of France is like D4 vs. the rest of Ireland. I found the folk in the south of France (Basques in particular) to be exceptionally friendly

On a barely related note, I saw a really clever comment on Facebook a while back. A friend of mine was tagged in a photo of him playing chess.

The comment was "White pawn to D4" :p

Explosion at the Boston Marathon, at least 2 dead now, 23 injured from what I've read.

@Angron, yeah I'm following that. Don't think it was a terrorist attack myself. I reckon an underground gas leak or something like that. Boston's not really a valuable target for any terrorist organisations :confused:

Didn't know fatalities had been mentioned though :( God love them!

Well I'm just going off what I've read on news sites, so I dunno if that's 100% true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

@Angron, yeah I'm following that. Don't think it was a terrorist attack myself. I reckon an underground gas leak or something like that. Boston's not really a valuable target for any terrorist organisations :confused:

Didn't know fatalities had been mentioned though :( God love them!

It is explosive devices. Police have discovered a few that failed to go off. And a third went off at the JFK library.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Boston's not really a valuable target for any terrorist organisations :confused:

Anywhere is a target, terrorists just want to spread fear into people, it's not just about blowing stuff up, the whole city of Boston is in fear now, afraid to come near the city at all after what has happened :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

4 hours into an international marathon would be a massive coincidence. Would imagine it's an attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It's an attack. They have arrested somebody in connection already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    They have arrested somebody in connection already.

Where did you hear that?

• Advertisement

No they have a "person of interest", doesn't mean involvement.

Sources tell me that this isn't particularly a foreign attack and could be closer to home thank America would like to think.

I'm completely wrong in the gas idea. Was in the middle of coursework when the news broke and only skimmed headlines. Catching up now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement