Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Sure just pull a sickie :p

Im on probation for pullin sickies haha whoops guess i lost count haha

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Gosh, the heat today is killing me. Usually I wear a hoodie and jacket in my own house, but have been roasted out of it past few days. I've taken to wearing just a shirt and I'm still sweating. You can tell I'm used to the cold! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Angron wrote: »
    Who's the Arsenal game against?

Everton, I'll be praying for a 0-0 with lots of injuries :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gosh, the heat today is killing me. Usually I wear a hoodie and jacket in my own house, but have been roasted out of it past few days. I've taken to wearing just a shirt and I'm still sweating. You can tell I'm used to the cold! :O
    Cold weather = best weather. I hate the heat, I think it explains why the top 5 countries I want to visit are known for being cold (Russia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Canada).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Who's the Arsenal game against?

Everton we beat them we have a small bit of comfort for Champion League spots, and its one of our toughest games left, they beat us, it drags us back into dangerous territory and them right into the mix for a 4th place spot, a lot to play for.
    Sure just pull a sickie :p

Pulling a sickie is no go in my job, plus the boss owes me a fortune which im hoping to collect tonight, which will be going in the Remis fund :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Jesus gregers! :pac: I've had one half day off due to genuine illness since I started this job, and I was supposed to be signed off for a minimum of a week and refused. :pac:

Feck off p_1, support arsenal. :) Tbh I don't support footie, but I'd be murdered if I rooted for a draw. :pac:

Jesus gregers! :pac: I've had one half day off due to genuine illness since I started this job, and I was supposed to be signed off for a minimum of a week and refused. :pac:

Feck off p_1, support arsenal. :) Tbh I don't support footie, but I'd be murdered if I rooted for a draw. :pac:

Jaysus :eek: can't be doing that as a Spurs fan now. The draw is the best result from where I'm siting, well an Everton win would be nice to see too :P

Cold weather = best weather. I hate the heat, I think it explains why the top 5 countries I want to visit are known for being cold (Russia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Canada).

Ah im the opposite I love the heat, hate the cold with a passion. My skin oon the other hands hates the sun and leaves me burnt to a crisp even getting sunstroke on one occassion damn this Irish complexion.

I usually prefer the warmth, but I'm so used to living in a cold house that even this heat is making me really uncomfortable.

On another note, woohoo for college being out soon!

I much prefer the sun, I get to wear less clothes! Plus I never get sunburn, so it's great. I think I'll die on hols in October, though, the place I'm going hits over 40 at that time of year, highest I've been in is about thirty. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah im the opposite I love the heat, hate the cold with a passion. My skin oon the other hands hates the sun and leaves me burnt to a crisp even getting sunstroke on one occassion damn this Irish complexion.
    I'm the sort of oddball who'd go out when it's in or around 0 degrees in a t-shirt :P

I'm the sort of oddball who'd go out when it's in or around 0 degrees in a t-shirt :P

:pac: Im the one in zero degrees yeh see looking out through a window or if im unlucky enough to be out in it I'm shaking like a leaf.

Ooh I look forward to this, was there that weekend in Manchester :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

I hear you brother.

It is one of the few consolations of being fat and hairy.

legspin wrote: »
    I hear you brother.

It is one of the few consolations of being fat and hairy.

Pmsl!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That Ikea ad was amazing.

Love the heat and the sun, although I never take advantage of what little sun we get here. Although it's too humid here to enjoy it if it gets really hot.

Rob Mulligan posted up on Facebook that he has a cancellation and he'll do the below for 180 if anyone is interested.

68552_368519759933037_1349766038_n.jpg

To be honest, I don't understand why people would have someone else's design tattooed on them. Aren't tattoos supposed to have personal meaning? I understand that everyone does it for a different reason, but still. I could never.

To be honest, I don't understand why people would have someone else's design tattooed on them. Aren't tattoos supposed to have personal meaning? I understand that everyone does it for a different reason, but still. I could never.

Not all tattoos have personal meaning, and nope, they're not supposed to. Many people, myself included, get tattoos simply because we find them aesthetically pleasing.

And 99% of people getting tattoos have somebody else's design tattooed onto them, because it's almost always the tattoo artist who draws up the final design.

Not all tattoos have personal meaning, and nope, they're not supposed to. Many people, myself included, get tattoos simply because we find them aesthetically pleasing.

And 99% of people getting tattoos have somebody else's design tattooed onto them, because it's almost always the tattoo artist who draws up the final design.

True, but usually they come in to ask for the specific design. The picture above looks quite interesting and I'm sure it has a great back-story and a personal meaning to someone. That may look aesthetically pleasing on whoever gets it, but they'll never understand the piece. Maybe that's the thrill of it, I dunno.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again but a lot of the time I just don't "get" tattooing :P

True, but usually they come in to ask for the specific design. The picture above looks quite interesting and I'm sure it has a great back-story and a personal meaning to someone. That may look aesthetically pleasing on whoever gets it, but they'll never understand the piece. Maybe that's the thrill of it, I dunno.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again but a lot of the time I just don't "get" tattooing :P

You might think it may have a back story, but it might not. Plenty of people get tattoos purely for how they look, not any particular meaning. One I want to get has absolutely no meaning behind it, it just looks quirky and interesting, so I want it done. Plus, saying somebody will never understand the piece is a bit condescending. It may not have any meaning at all, or it could potentially strike the new customer as something that could represent something in their own life.

I know you don't 'get' tattooing a a lot of the time, but just ask questions, because some of what you're saying (like the bit about 'aren't tattoos supposed to have meaning?' can rile people up a wee bit. My folks are always on at me for not getting tattoos with 'meaning' (for the record, three of mine have very significant meaning, one has no meaning), and it's annoying at times to keep hearing that!

• Advertisement

You might think it may have a back story, but it might not. Plenty of people get tattoos purely for how they look, not any particular meaning. One I want to get has absolutely no meaning behind it, it just looks quirky and interesting, so I want it done. Plus, saying somebody will never understand the piece is a bit condescending. It may not have any meaning at all, or it could potentially strike the new customer as something that could represent something in their own life.

I know you don't 'get' tattooing a a lot of the time, but just ask questions, because some of what you're saying (like the bit about 'aren't tattoos supposed to have meaning?' can rile people up a wee bit. My folks are always on at me for not getting tattoos with 'meaning' (for the record, three of mine have very significant meaning, one has no meaning), and it's annoying at times to keep hearing that!

I am asking questions, and I'm sorry if I said anything offensive. Most of what I hear from people defending tattoos is "they have a deep and personal meaning to each person, they're not just pictures" kind of thing. I shouldn't have said "supposed to", but I did go on to state that everyone does it for different reasons.

And when I said they'd never understand the piece, I meant they'd never fully know what the piece was about. The person who designed it may have had deep meaning or just liked the design, but if anyone else got that tattoo they could never be sure. But that mystery could be enough reason for someone to get it in itself, so I didn't think or say that it could never have meaning to anyone else.

I come as condescending a lot and it's a real pain, but I promise that's not my intention and I don't mean my comments in a negative way.

To be honest I wouldn't really want to get a last minute cancellation job for a tattoo no matter who the artist was.

I am asking questions, and I'm sorry if I said anything offensive. Most of what I hear from people defending tattoos is "they have a deep and personal meaning to each person, they're not just pictures" kind of thing. I shouldn't have said "supposed to", but I did go on to state that everyone does it for different reasons.

And when I said they'd never understand the piece, I meant they'd never fully know what the piece was about. The person who designed it may have had deep meaning or just liked the design, but if anyone else got that tattoo they could never be sure. But that mystery could be enough reason for someone to get it in itself, so I didn't think or say that it could never have meaning to anyone else.

I come as condescending a lot and it's a real pain, but I promise that's not my intention and I don't mean my comments in a negative way.

:pac: I didn't find anything you said offensive, I was speaking in general terms. :) Tbh, I do think the whole 'nobody will ever understand the meaning behind the piece' thing a bit condescending because it's simply not true. It may have no meaning, it may have meaning, and if it has, the artist could easily tell the person the meaning behind it. Saying they will never know the meaning is a wee bit silly because there may be no meaning at all behind it.

You don't come across as condescending a lot, just a wee bit tetchy about tattoos occasionally. :p :pac:

:pac: I didn't find anything you said offensive, I was speaking in general terms. :) Tbh, I do think the whole 'nobody will ever understand the meaning behind the piece' thing a bit condescending because it's simply not true. It may have no meaning, it may have meaning, and if it has, the artist could easily tell the person the meaning behind it. Saying they will never know the meaning is a wee bit silly because there may be no meaning at all behind it.

You don't come across as condescending a lot, just a wee bit tetchy about tattoos occasionally. :p :pac:

No, I believe that if you or I was to get that design, we would never fully know what the meaning was the original person. It may or may not have a deep meaning, but regardless, people are all different and a lot of them lie or omit things. While we may find out the actual meaning behind it, we'd have to have faith that the person telling us was being truthful. We'd never 100% know, just due to human nature. That was my point. :)

I am tetchy about tattoos, but I'm awkward as hell about a lot of things! I like to form my own opinions no matter how many people believe the converse :p

Have only half read the conversation but just wanted to point out the picture in question is something that Rob drew himself and just wants to do hence offer. I'm sure if anybody just wanted to get some time with Rob he'd do what was wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Just had the tattooist onto me, he's thinking of this for the next tatt... What do ye think?

249727.jpg

Pennywise, I like :D

I am tetchy about tattoos, but I'm awkward as hell about a lot of things! I like to form my own opinions no matter how many people believe the converse :p

Eso has covered most of what I'd say but I'm curious about this. I understand you mightn't like them but sometimes you come across as actively against tattoos (I might be reading too much into your posts). I'm curious due to you having the piercings, getting some scarification etc.

On the plus side, at least you're better educated then the typical anti-tattoo people.

PKM, I love it.

Orim wrote: »
    Eso has covered most of what I'd say but I'm curious about this. I understand you mightn't like them but sometimes you come across as actively against tattoos (I might be reading too much into your posts). I'm curious due to you having the piercings, getting some scarification etc.

On the plus side, at least you're better educated then the typical anti-tattoo people.

I'm not actively against them, but I find that most tattoos aren't to my taste. Has nothing to do with the art of tattooing itself, just the designs that people choose to tattoo on themselves. I find just as many piercings and scarification pieces aren't my thing, I just have less people to discuss with.

I can't stress enough though, I really do just mean to my taste. Hence, I ask questions and chat to people to get a feel of why they do it, and I usually like to ask awkward things.

So in other words I'm not anti-tattoo, I'm anti-social :p I hope that makes sense and hasn't come across too badly, but I really do tend to come across so badly when I get into debates and such!

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Everton, I'll be praying for a 0-0 with lots of injuries :P

FFS should have put a bet on that :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement