Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

So I have a big project due this evening and the software that I need is only available via virtual desktop. Today would be the day that the site crashes and won't let anyone log on. College problems :/

Maybe it's a fake project and the real test is to resolve the issue with the virtual desktop.

40 minutes to going home. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

The project is a joke alright, but not a fake. It's one of those "problem-based learning" modules where the lecturer basically tells you to do the bulk of the learning yourself and only gives vague answers to questions. That works fine in some subjects, but here it's just disastrous. And he got offended when we tried to point out that we needed to be taught some basic things about the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just home from meeting the personal trainer fcuker nearly killed me :pac: was good though. Took all my measurements it certainly working but on half an inch on all arms nearly two inches on my chest and just over an inch on my legs so good to see some signs of progress from the weights and diet.

Athough did notice I might have some sort of problem with my left shoulder give it a few weeks and hopefully it fecks off, when doing dumbbell flys my left shoulder kept popping out when I reached a certain point, and doing the dumbbell flyover I was getting a muscle twinge in the same shoulder. My left arm is my strong arm to sucks but sure wait and see :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Fair Play Marty Serious results!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I dislocated shoulder playing rugby years ago and does pop out from time t time when in the gym
    Also have a scar from bike accident years ago and dead muscle and tissue was removed and I explained this to a gym instructor and he said its main reason why I'm pushing weights more with right arm than left so doing other workouts now to make both arms even
    Fcuk me its sore
    And I work nights meaning feck all time to rest
    Not good

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    Fair Play Marty Serious results!!

Cheers man, yeh I'm delighted that was in just over 4 weeks it's addictive I want to see more results :) I was pretty much starting from scratch being a skinny fcuker :pac:. For the next four weeks ill be meeting him as often as possible he is going to really push me non stop today we jumped from one weight to another no stopping to catch breath.

Ill still be going the gym four times a week and also taking back up running so 5 times a week I'll be doing some sort of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Make sure to take your off days and eat more on off days to keep energy
    Is it bigger you want to get?

I dislocated shoulder playing rugby years ago and does pop out from time t time when in the gym
    Also have a scar from bike accident years ago and dead muscle and tissue was removed and I explained this to a gym instructor and he said its main reason why I'm pushing weights more with right arm than left so doing other workouts now to make both arms even
    Fcuk me its sore
    And I work nights meaning feck all time to rest
    Not good

I feel your pain I work twelve hour shifts nights and days so can be all over the place.
    Make sure to take your off days and eat more on off days to keep energy
    Is it bigger you want to get?

Yeh well Im on a bulking diet at the moment but also keeping up my fitness levels at the same time I'm doing Hell & Back in June so need endurance aswell.

Yeh Ill still have two off days a week and all I've been doing the last few weeks is eating non stop :).

i put up weight so easily!! i really have to watch what i eat! iv been lazy last couple of weeks only doing my strong man stuff nd no cardio or diet! nd ive a belly on me lol. starting my 4 week course on monday thank fook should cut the worst of it off me!!

just looked up the hell in back!! christ it looks tough!!

i put up weight so easily!! i really have to watch what i eat! iv been lazy last couple of weeks only doing my strong man stuff nd no cardio or diet! nd ive a belly on me lol. starting my 4 week course on monday thank fook should cut the worst of it off me!!

just looked up the hell in back!! christ it looks tough!!

:pac: im the complete opposite I find it hard to put on wieght but loose it ina flash have really high metabolism. But this diet is working for me :). Looking forward to the coarse?

Yeh its tough, I done it in January was wrecked after it pains everywhere for about a week but loved it this time time im hoping to be stronger, faster and fitter and improve my time, plus Im doing it with four my mates three of which are proper fitness fanatics one runs marathons the other two partake in sports of all kinds nearly every day of the week so I dont want to be the one lagging behind that's enough motivation for me ha.

• Advertisement

oh i cant wait to be honest! been so lazy lately really need a good kick up the arse haha not really looking forward to the first week of the diet tbh coz its a detox week, Im eagerly awaiting his email here haha looking forward to the training though! heavy weights sessions first thing in the morning and high intensity and body weight cardio in the evening!

Just talkin to my brother about it there, might make it a goal for next yr!! what distance is it?

oh i cant wait to be honest! been so lazy lately really need a good kick up the arse haha not really looking forward to the first week of the diet tbh coz its a detox week, Im eagerly awaiting his email here haha looking forward to the training though! heavy weights sessions first thing in the morning and high intensity and body weight cardio in the evening!

Just talkin to my brother about it there, might make it a goal for next yr!! what distance is it?

Sounds fun :).

Its 10k its a lot of stop start really, I think the longest distance in the last one of non stop running was 2k there a lot of obstacles, rivers, mountains etc to get over or through aswell. I realised last time more strength would have made it a lot easier.

This is the official video for it. Its on 3 or 4 times a year. Im hoping the one in June will be slightly easier with better warmer weather but well see.

was just on there website!! looks class to be fair!! might try talk my brother into it haha

was just on there website!! looks class to be fair!! might try talk my brother into it haha

Yeh you should do :), I think there's afew from here doing it myself, Eso and I know PKM and Jenizzle were talking about it.

The Saturday for June is all booked up but I think there is still spaces left for the Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yup, I'm doing it, can't wait, although I'd imagine I'm going to die! :D

Also doing a 5k called Darkness into Light at 4am on May 11th, to raise money for Pieta house.

Just finished watching Cabin in the Woods. Good film but it was way over hyped.

Fierce quiet tonight. Everybody out on the lash in preparation for tomorrow?

Orim wrote: »

I know Marty's drinking, which explains his absence. I'm chilling out, so I'm around. I presume CC is drunk because it's CC. :p Dunno about the rest! Gregers is on Facebook so dunno why he's not showing his face here, the git!

Shocking behaviour from all involved.

I should be in fibbers right now but money and tiredness has me stuck on the couch. Looking forward to bed tbh. It's going to be so nice getting up without an alarm clock.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I know Marty's drinking, which explains his absence. I'm chilling out, so I'm around. I presume CC is drunk because it's CC. :p Dunno about the rest! Gregers is on Facebook so dunno why he's not showing his face here, the git!

haha thanks Eso :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im stuck to CNN for some reason, its boring but i cant change the channel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Hiding-kitten-peeks.gif

Evening :D

Melion wrote: »

could be worse i watchin the late late

could be worse i watchin the late late

I put it on for a few minutes during a break on CNN, saw a load of random kids, turned it back off. I still dont know who they were

I'm watching Airplane! :D

I'm watching Masterchef. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Orim wrote: »

I LOVED Cabin in the Woods! :D

Anybody seen the Evil Dead yet? Going tomorrow night, cant wait

I hate that. You realise that you're not really enjoying it but you don't do anything about it. Weird feeling.
    I LOVED Cabin in the Woods! :D

I don't know what it was but something just didn't click with me.
    Could've been a lot of fun as a tv show.

Duck Dynasty now... LOVE that series :D
    The beards are worth it alone :D
    Millionaire rednecks, it's great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Anybody seen the Evil Dead yet? Going tomorrow night, cant wait

I can't... I love the originals too much, and a friend whose opinion I trust who has moved to Canada saw it... and hated it. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement