Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

http://www.thingswithfaces.net

Love finding things with faces!!! :-D

Ooh I think this'll do nicely, thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Spanish oral went really well although she told me if I want to do Spanish next year I need to improve my written Spanish and attend more, which I knew anyway.

I also made sushi. Was nice but I've washed my hands twice and they're still sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Spanish oral went really well although she told me if I want to do Spanish next year I need to improve my written Spanish and attend more, which I knew anyway.

I also made sushi. Was nice but I've washed my hands twice and they're still sticky.

Sushi you say I've always been tempted to try that but wouldnt even know were to start, what would you recommend?

I finally had my two 21 day matured sirloin steaks with mixed pepper seasoning and I wont lie they were worth every penny I could easily eat another one. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Been meaning to eat some good sushi too but where does one begin? It's one thing going to a restaurant and ordering from a menu but making your own at home and from scratch might be a little unnerving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I tapped out of a session today. I'm so embarrassed. It was supposed to be 6 hours but only done about 5 and a half.

It wasn't the pain though. I used to suffer from panic attacks and have not had one since December. Felt one coming on towards the end. It was next to impossible to get tattooed when my heart was jumping out of my chest.

Going to finish the rest of my sleeve in 4 hours sessions. Its gonna take ages now though :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've been to one Japanese restaurant, and I got some really strange looks when I ordered a glass of milk. Is that some sort of a no-no or something? :o

Angron wrote: »
    I've been to one Japanese restaurant, and I got some really strange looks when I ordered a glass of milk. Is that some sort of a no-no or something? :o

Why, did you order a chicken curry with the glass of milk too? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, it was steak :pac: I was tempted to get adventurous and have sushi for the first time, but I really love rare steak.

I tapped out of a session today. I'm so embarrassed. It was supposed to be 6 hours but only done about 5 and a half.

It wasn't the pain though. I used to suffer from panic attacks and have not had one since December. Felt one coming on towards the end. It was next to impossible to get tattooed when my heart was jumping out of my chest.

Going to finish the rest of my sleeve in 4 hours sessions. Its gonna take ages now though :(

What you getting done?

Nah, it was steak :pac: I was tempted to get adventurous and have sushi for the first time, but I really love rare steak.

Steak in a Japanese?

Yep, it was sliced into strips so you could eat it with chopsticks (not that I can use them though :P) Came with a sort of a soup with lumps of tofu in it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Steak in a Japanese?

Japanese steak is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yep, it was sliced into strips so you could eat it with chopsticks (not that I can use them though :P) Came with a sort of a soup with lumps of tofu in it too.

Chopsticks are honestly really easy to use! I'll bring a set with me at the next beers and teach you, I have a few sets at home. :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

You can buy those little trays of sushi in the supermarket beside the takeaway sammiches. I've seen 'em in Dunnes and M&S. They'd have a little of everything, so you can have a taste. Then head to Yamamori or somewhere similar and then you'll have more of an idea what to get. Restaurants would do taster or pick'a'plenty-type plates with a mixture of ones for you to try. Sushi is frikkin' lovely :D

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Chopsticks are honestly really easy to use! I'll bring a set with me at the next beers and teach you, I have a few sets at home. :pac:
    Step 1: Learn how to use chopsticks
    Step 2: Get drunk immediately after
    Step 3: Forget everything from step 1

:pac:
    jenizzle wrote: »
    You can buy those little trays of sushi in the supermarket beside the takeaway sammiches. I've seen 'em in Dunnes and M&S. They'd have a little of everything, so you can have a taste. Then head to Yamamori or somewhere similar and then you'll have more of an idea what to get. Restaurants would do taster or pick'a'plenty-type plates with a mixture of ones for you to try. Sushi is frikkin' lovely :D
    Yeah, Yamamori was the place I was in before, I went in there with 3 friends before we went up to DCU for Eirtakon.

Step 1: Learn how to use chopsticks
    Step 2: Get drunk immediately after
    Step 3: Forget everything from step 1

:pac:

That's the plan! :D

Adiboo wrote: »
    Japanese steak is lovely.

Oh right never really associated Japanese with steak, hmm might try it sometime.
    jenizzle wrote: »

Cheers might try that so, been told I can eat plenty of fish so im sure sushi would be ok, its a healthy food and I'll try anything once.

Feck off with chopsticks why use two extended toothpics to try eat my food and look like a pleb when I can use a knife and fork :).

Multi quoting like a mo fo.

Oh right never really associated Japanese with steak, hmm might try it sometime.
    I know they are good for it, but it's mainly cause I heard of this stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef

I'd love to try it some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Kobe beef is a delight of a steak, only had it the once and it cost a few pennies, twas a few pennies well spent though :pac:

Cheers might try that so, been told I can eat plenty of fish so im sure sushi would be ok, its a healthy food and I'll try anything once.

Feck off with chopsticks why use two extended toothpics to try eat my food and look like a pleb when I can use a knife and fork :).

Multi quoting like a mo fo.

Ah sure, any excuse to eat loads of fish. :p

Feck off, I look grand using chopsticks. If you can use them properly, you look fine eating with them.

What you getting done?

A Skyrim themed sleeve.

• Advertisement

A Skyrim themed sleeve.

Marry me.

Marry me.

Sorry, I'm already married to a wench from Riverwood.

Sorry, I'm already married to a wench from Riverwood.

It's okay. Tbh I would just have cut your arm off and run away with the tattoo. I have no interest in you as a person. :p

I wouldn't mind getting another video game related tattoo soon enough.

Over the next year or two am planning on getting my whole right side of my torso cover. No ideas for the front and back of my torso yet and not sure whether to keep it gaming related.

Been pondering about doing a landscape of somewhere in Skyrim on my back or been even thinking about doing something themed from Red Dead Redemption. Two of my favorite games. But not sure the Red Dead would work. Probably need abit too much colour for my taste.

Getting a small bit of colour in my Skyrim sleeve though. Just to give it depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Silly question, what's Skyrim?:confused:

Fairly recent-ish computer game.

Game for Xbox 360/PS3, etc.

Part of the Elder Scrolls series of video games, a series made by the company Bethesda, who also made the Fallout 3 game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Fairly recent-ish computer game.
    Passenger wrote: »
    Game for Xbox 360/PS3, etc.
    Part of the Elder Scrolls series of video games, a series made by the company Bethesda, who also made the Fallout 3 game.

Ah, ok, I don't have XBox/PS or anything like that. I know nothing about games/gaming. Sorry. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement