Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeh he can a bit eh wooden but I have liked a lot of his films Matrix was orginally meant for Will Smith but Keanu was perfect for it, I also enjoyed Parenthood , Point Break, Constantine, Scanner Darkly and probably a few other im not thinking off.

Haven't seen Constantine or Parenthood, but A Scanner Darkly is messed up brilliance. Robert Downey Jr. is brilliant in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Haven't seen Constantine or Parenthood, but A Scanner Darkly is messed up brilliance. Robert Downey Jr. is brilliant in it too.

Constantine is kinda Keanu doing his best Neo impression in a different film which has some fantastic visuals I really liked it, Parenthood 80's comedy drama with Steve Martin in the lead role good simple easy viewing.

But yeh Scanner Darkly is messed up brilliance :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Parenthood is deadly. :D

Only two and a half hours left in work, yay! Then I need to go for a walk, dye my hair (been procrastinating on that for ages), make dinner, visit my friend, shower and sleep. Busy evening ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Good habit! :)
    It's a geometric piece right? What kind of thing were you going for again?

Kind of. I want geometric but I also want it flowing and nature-inspired. I want tribal-style dotwork as well. I also want it to be symmetrical is outline but have each segment with a different pattern.

In short, it's probably better that I'm drawing the design myself! I went in to the artist today and he says my design is good, and suggested one or two small changes to make it look better as a scar.

So I'll keep drawing over the next week, then get a friend to re-draw my final design so that all the lines are perfect, because I'm not a naturally talented drawer (person who draws?) :P

Should be getting the piece in two or three weeks, so I'll pop it in its own thread and document the process from early sketches to actual design, talk through how much it hurt to get done, and update it every now and then as it heals, just so it can be there for future reference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Yeh he can a bit eh wooden but I have liked a lot of his films Matrix was orginally meant for Will Smith but Keanu was perfect for it, I also enjoyed Parenthood , Point Break, Constantine, Scanner Darkly and probably a few other im not thinking off.

A bit wooden? Not that's an understatement. I'm not a huge fan of his performance in The Matrix but I did like him in Constantine. Still nice to hear that sutff about him doing things for people. A lot of people with his wealth don't.
    Should be getting the piece in two or three weeks, so I'll pop it in its own thread and document the process from early sketches to actual design, talk through how much it hurt to get done, and update it every now and then as it heals, just so it can be there for future reference :)

Oooh looking forward to this. Scarification's always interested me but don't know all that much about it. I don't think I could ever get it done though, think it would hurt too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A bit wooden? Not that's an understatement. I'm not a huge fan of his performance in The Matrix but I did like him in Constantine. Still nice to hear that sutff about him doing things for people. A lot of people with his wealth don't.

He is wooden but I like him he does kinda have his own unique charm and on screen presence kinda in the the same vein as Arnold Schwarzenegger did neither act but find a fit for themselves.Yeh sure is nice, even made all the more admirable when you read about his past and see he still has a lot of heart and generosity when so many people would have turned cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Devil's Advocate is another which I thought suited him well. Also another good story is that he took a paycut for that film so they could get Pacino in.

Scanner Darkly is absolutely brilliant. One of the few cases where I think the film is more effective than the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

The Matrix is my all time favourite film.planning on getting a matrix themed tattoo at some stage too.i like him in speed and point break.wudnt really rate him in anything else

keanu 'the plank' reeves being a nice guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMB1EOnUwX8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

*burps*

Jaysus that was nice if I do say so myself.... nice big fry-up consisting of 6 sausages, 3 rashers, 2 waffles, 3 fried eggs, 2 potato farls, some beans and some buttermilk soda bread. All washed down with a pot of tea and a few angel slices for dessert. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm making some Sweet and Sour myself :3

• Advertisement

I'm not bothering with dinner because I'm not hungry. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Got the lip redone today so it'll be a boring mix of mashed spuds and pasta for the next few days. Damn ye with your meat feasts :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Jaysus that was nice if I do say so myself.... nice big fry-up consisting of 6 sausages, 3 rashers, 2 waffles, 3 fried eggs, 2 potato farls, some beans and some buttermilk soda bread. All washed down with a pot of tea and a few angel slices for dessert. :D

Jaysus I had a heart attack just reading that :pac::pac:

P_1 wrote: »
    Got the lip redone today so it'll be a boring mix of mashed spuds and pasta for the next few days. Damn ye with your meat feasts :pac:

Throw a pic up in the 'show you mine' thread. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Throw a pic up in the 'show you mine' thread. :D

Shur isn't that just for ink :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Was a good few piercings in it last time!

It's for body modifications. ;)

And the tools. I'm fairly certain Hellrazer posted a pic of some of his machines. The more pics the better.

10 minutes till home time. Can't wait, thinking I might get me some dominos tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Orim wrote: »
    And the tools. I'm fairly certain Hellrazer posted a pic of some of his machines. The more pics the better.

10 minutes till home time. Can't wait, thinking I might get me some dominos tonight.

go for it.had me a durrrrty tasty dominos last nite and the obligitory leftover dominos breakfast this morning

It's the leftover dominos breakfast that really sells it.

• Advertisement

*burps*

If I ate about a quarter of that I'd get sick, and I don't mean because I don't eat meat. You've made me want tea now though. *turns on kettle*

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Getting either Dominos or Apache tonight. Gotta love a good pizza. Apache are usually late or screw up the order, but it's cheap and it still tastes good so I don't care :p

Nope, it's for anything you might have gotten done that you can share with us.
    If I ate about a quarter of that I'd get sick, and I don't mean because I don't eat meat. You've made me want tea now though. *turns on kettle*

PMSL! Have a few Digestives or Rich Tea & butter with that tea. :D
    Getting either Dominos or Apache tonight. Gotta love a good pizza. Apache are usually late or screw up the order, but it's cheap and it still tastes good so I don't care :p

Mmmmmm, Domino's! Pity the nearest one is 12 miles away!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Mmmmmm, Domino's! Pity the nearest one is 12 miles away!! :(

Same problem here though it's for a Papa Johns pizza :(. No delivery out of town :mad:. And I reaaaallly want one now after reading the last few pages!!

DAMN YOU ALL!!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Same problem here though it's for a Papa Johns pizza :(. No delivery out of town :mad:. And I reaaaallly want one now after reading the last few pages!!

DAMN YOU ALL!!!

There's a Papa John's near the Domino's but I've never tried it. Just call your local Chinese and order a Shredded Beef in Peking sauce and some fried rice and chips. That's my Friday night regular. You'll need 2 litres of Coke/milk to wash it down though!! :D

My local Chinese is just as far, I live in the country............could always shoot one of the ducks on the lake and have fresh chinese I guess :eek: :pac:

PMSL! Have a few Digestives or Rich Tea & butter with that tea. :D

I'm having rich tea but not with butter, that sounds horrible!

I'm having rich tea but not with butter, that sounds horrible!

It's delish. Although personally I prefer a bit of jam or cheese.

Decided not to get pizza. Got rum instead :D

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    My local Chinese is just as far, I live in the country............could always shoot one of the ducks on the lake and have fresh chinese I guess :eek: :pac:

Aw poor you! You sound kinda isolated! I'm surprised you even have electricity! :p :pac:
    Orim wrote: »
    It's delish.

Yeah Rich Tea and butter is gorgeous!! Nom.

• Advertisement

Aw poor you! You sound kinda isolated! I'm surprised you even have electricity! :p :pac:

Ah no, only 6 miles outta town, just irritating for take aways. Nice spot, view of lake and hills from one side the house, and mountains the other. Americans have tried buying lots of land of us, they have been kindly told to p!ss off, we don't want no blow-ins round here :D

I'll have you know we have more than electricity, we have geothermal, solar panels and even a differant system for rainwater - how's that for the sticks :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement