Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Iron Man 3, hate to say it but twas kinda meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Sick of work, been here since half nine, still two hours to go, then have to go fix some old woman's computer, then jog home from clontarf. Going to be exhausted, probably won't get home til after eleven. boo! But pay day tomorrow, fcuk yeah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I got my septum redone today. I forgot how bloody irritating it is to get done. Eyeliner everywhere!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah yes, I remember that feeling, bloody watering eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Same with my bridge, actually. And I've heard it happened with nostrils as well. :p

• Advertisement

Same with my bridge, actually. And I've heard it happens with nostrils as well. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wouldn't mind getting my bridge done. Next piercing I get will probably be either it, or something on my ears.

It's actually one of the nicest healers I've got! Everyone seems to ask me if it hurt :p

I want to get special glasses made up for mine, but it's an expensive project. I'd need something like Neometal forward-snap jewellery and to combine it with the frames of a decent pair of (sun)glasses. I'd say it'd easily cost 100+. Have wanted for years though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Iron Man 3, hate to say it but twas kinda meh

I kinda expected that they ruined that film with the trailers and tv spots they basicaly gave away the entire plot and a lot of key scenes which takes the element of suprise and expectation out of it idiots:(, I really like the character of Iron Man and what Robert Downey Jr has done with it.

But the people behind Iron Man should look at the new Superman on how to do a trailer and build hype around a film.

Yeah, there was someone I know from Longford has the bridge done, he said it didn't hurt really, and it healed up nice and easy.

For the Iron Man stuff, I have to admit something: I haven't seen the Avengers, or any of the preceding films like Captain America or the first two Iron Man films.

• Advertisement

I kinda expected that they ruined that film with the trailers and tv spots they basicaly gave away the entire plot and a lot of key scenes which takes the element of suprise and expectation out of it idiots:(, I really like the character of Iron Man and what Robert Downey Jr has done with it.

But the people behind Iron Man should look at the new Superman on how to do a trailer and build hype around a film.

yeah somehow I managed to avoid them. Still slightly dissapointed by the film though

Angron wrote: »
    Ah yes, I remember that feeling, bloody watering eyes!
    Same with my bridge, actually. And I've heard it happened with nostrils as well. :p

My eyeliner is ruined! I put so much effort into it this morning! But I'm dying my hair tonight so I'm trying to stay positive

"yesterday's eyeliner is tomorrow's smokey eyes"

Always a bright side to ruined makeup, it can have some pretty cool effects. If I bother with eyeliner I usually prefer the smudged look to the controlled look :p

Oh cool, what shade are you going?

"yesterday's eyeliner is tomorrow's smokey eyes"

Always a bright side to ruined makeup, it can have some pretty cool effects. If I bother with eyeliner I usually prefer the smudged look to the controlled look :p

But I had such pretty flicks!
    Oh cool, what shade are you going?

A nice homemade lilac colour. .... hopefully. ...

What colour you going, cc? I'm determined to dye my hair tonight, been putting it off for weeks and all my blonde hair is coming through the dye :(

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    What colour you going, cc? I'm determined to dye my hair tonight, been putting it off for weeks and all my blonde hair is coming through the dye :(

A pastel purple colour hopefully, with deep purple ends

Last/only time I dyed my hair was when I was like 16, I went black :pac: Some year for the shave or dye thing I might get a trim and dye it something a bit more interesting.

Get pink, Angron. Do it!

I could totally pull off pink.

• Advertisement

My experiences with dying my hair usually ended in disaster

I used to dye my hair a different colour every other month, but it's been blonde for the last ages. I have a friend who will put a different bright colour in her hair every other week. Sometimes fringe, something ends. Never know where she'll strike or with what colour, but she always manages to look so damn great. Some people just have a serious knack for it.

With me, my hair is just too long to dye it easily, and I love it too much to really want to cut it.

Well, I'm naturally blonde, so I've been hiding that with dye since I was twelve, as I look awful blonde. :pac: Had black hair for a few years but it's too much of a pain in the arse to strip, so at the moment I go between brown and red. Name a colour and I've had it, though. Once had my hair in rainbow colours, so red at the back, pink, yellow, orange, blue, green and purple. Looked savage.

I can't actually imagine you blonde :P

I can't actually imagine you blonde :P

That's what everyone who knows me says, that's proof of how much it doesn't suit me! I have to dye my eyebrows and all ffs :( I have one pic of me in a blonde wig on a night out a few months back, Marty told me I look weird, all of my friends bar one told me never to go blonde, and one friend begged me to go back to blonde, cause he's a freak. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive had

My hair dyed purple-completely. Well it started out as a single purple streak but Mrs Hellrazer accidently put her hand on my head and I had a handprint of purple on it so I had to dye the lot of it.

I had a perm.Mrs Hellrazer decided that it needed a "bit of body"

I ended up looking like this.

http://johnnywestmusic.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/chad-kroeger.jpg

Now imagine that picture only in ginger^^^^

Ive also had it dyed blond-that was funny when I got roots.Ginger roots!!!

I had it dyed brown....and that looked like some animal had attached itself to my head and taken up residence there.

I seriously think she wanted one of them dolls head things that kids get to do hair and makeup from santa as a child but she didn't get it so I was the next best thing.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I seriously think she wanted one of them dolls head things that kids get to do hair and makeup from santa as a child but she didn't get it so I was the next best thing.

Totally normal, acceptable behaviour.

If I could play dress-up with my friends, I totally would. I could just tell people what clothes to buy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Grrr was excited to go for drinks with friends but they both got in at six (wouldn't make it in till eight) and have early mornings so they're not staying in past nine and I'd have to get a taxi home then so it's not worth my while. :(

On the hair dying front I've dyed it loads but always red. I think I'm finally bored of it but since I'm trying to keep it socially acceptable since I'm still trying to find a job I have no idea what to do with it.

Speaking of shave or dye I'm considering shaving it all off for that next year. I have so little hair though as it is though I don't know if anyone will actually sponser me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Totally normal, acceptable behaviour.

If I could play dress-up with my friends, I totally would. I could just tell people what clothes to buy :p

Just don't tell them to wear a kilt with a white leather jacket ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84139799&postcount=49

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement