Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I could probably get a fair bit out of shaving my head fully, I have longer hair than most girls, never mind guys :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im still toying with the idea of growing mine again.

Just cant get past the "inbetween" stage where its too long to do anything with and too short to tie back.

Always end up getting that far and then getting it cut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im still toying with the idea of growing mine again.

Just cant get past the "inbetween" stage where its too long to do anything with and too short to tie back.

Always end up getting that far and then getting it cut again.

I've always hated that bloody stage. I tend to live with a hat stuck on my head for about 6 months when I try to grow the hair

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

P_1 wrote: »
    I've always hated that bloody stage. I tend to live with a hat stuck on my head for about 6 months when I try to grow the hair

Not sure the boss would appreciate a hat for 6 months :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Foiled :P I'm not actually sure what length my hair is now, I've never tried to measure it.

• Advertisement

Not sure the boss would appreciate a hat for 6 months :)

Say you've gone Jewish??

Oy vey

Im bored.

Really need to finish my Halloween pumpkin tattoo on my leg that I started on yep you guessed it Halloween.Its been sitting there outlined since then and I just cant get the time.

Its either that or start outlining my bats with UV....have a great idea drawn up for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Angron wrote: »
    I could probably get a fair bit out of shaving my head fully, I have longer hair than most girls, never mind guys :pac:

I'm guessing the fact I'm a a girl would get me a bit extra out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I should not be allowed to draw my own scarification design as it keeps getting more and more complex and bigger and bigger and it going to end up taking over my entire body and cost me a fortune.

But hey, yolo. At least I'll look swag. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Just in, what a day!! Hate dealing with wasters!! A bullshit excuse is a bullshit excuse, no matter what way you slice it!! :mad:

So what's happening?

@ CC and Eso - don't forget the pics of the finished articles!! :D

• Advertisement

I should not be allowed to draw my own scarification design as it keeps getting more and more complex and bigger and bigger and it going to end up taking over my entire body and cost me a fortune.

But hey, yolo. At least I'll look swag. <3

Always the danger when you plan your own mod, it gets more and more elaborate :pac:

Don't know too much about the nuts and bolts of scarification but I'd imagine that it would be a tad more expensive than tattooing?

P_1 wrote: »
    Always the danger when you plan your own mod, it gets more and more elaborate :pac:

Don't know too much about the nuts and bolts of scarification but I'd imagine that it would be a tad more expensive than tattooing?

Cheaper, actually. It's less complicated to perform (just involves more knowledge of dermal layers) and has much less demand. The piercer/artist who's performing it on me doesn't get very much work in scarification here in Ireland, so he was happy to make it very "affordable" for the experience of doing a fun piece. :D

Cheaper, actually. It's less complicated to perform (just involves more knowledge of dermal layers) and has much less demand. The piercer/artist who's performing it on me doesn't get very much work in scarification here in Ireland, so he was happy to make it very "affordable" for the experience of doing a fun piece. :D

How does it work? Do they just cut to a certain depth with a scalpel to make certain parts of the design stand out more than others?

Well obviously I'm not trained so don't quote me on anything just yet, but when I was talking to my guy about it yesterday he was saying that the type of scar depends mostly on aftercare. If you leave it alone pretty much, it'll be white, but if you use abrasion, it'll be redder and more raised. It's performed with a mixture of scalpels and skin-peels usually, but dermal punches can also be used (and will be to do the dots in mine). I'll be leaving it alone as I want it pretty light, almost like white ink. In fact, white ink and scarification are regularly confused for each other :P

Here's my first really, REALLY rough draft:

tumblr_mltvisFKaK1r83t6wo1_500.jpg

Yikes, sounds like any kind of error in the aftercare could lead to a lot of dodgyness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Are they done in one sitting?

Depends on the size and nature of the piece, but usually yes. They can require a touch-up session after a few weeks too so any lines that have blurred can be fixed, etc.

From what I've heard parts of it can be quite painful, but I'm confidant I can handle it. I'm not afraid of pain, I know I'm in capable hands, and I know that once it's over I'll have an awesome piece. It's all worth it in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Another 4 hours left then one more night and then free for weekend
    Going fishing and drinkin all day on Saturday and then camping overnight for some more drinks and very questionable cigerettes

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...Now imagine that picture only in ginger^^^^... ...Ginger roots!!!...

Wait... wait... wait...

I've been co-modding all these years with a... ginger!!!??? D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My hair didn't turn out as planned. Bummer :( I have another experiment lined up so all is not lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

what sort of price range is scarification? thinking of getting a design similar to the markings on hellboys arm for a while...was going to get them tattooed on but someone introduced me to scarification and i think it would be much more effective with these so ive been looking into it, doesnt seem to be much of it going on in ireland at the mo though.film_hellboy_und_liz.jpg

Depp wrote: »
    what sort of price range is scarification? thinking of getting a design similar to the markings on hellboys arm for a while...was going to get them tattooed on but someone introduced me to scarification and i think it would be much more effective with these so ive been looking into it, doesnt seem to be much of it going on in ireland at the mo though.

There's not that much going on but there are a few decent artists. Kay Fagan does most of it, and she travels over to the UK a bit to do work over there. She apprenticed under Patric Aultice, who's doing mine.

Scarification is actually a bit cheaper than tattooing, but not by a whole lot. If tattoos go for 100 an hour, scars might be 80 an hour? Not 100% sure as I don't tend to get charged full price any more - perks of being a loyal customer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

'Students need not apply.' **** you I'm a damn hard worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

'Students need not apply.' **** you I'm a damn hard worker.

Ah yeah, very annoying. It's almost as bad as what I hear constantly... "Sorry, you have too much experience!" WTF???? :mad: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Depp wrote: »
    what sort of price range is scarification? thinking of getting a design similar to the markings on hellboys arm for a while...was going to get them tattooed on but someone introduced me to scarification and i think it would be much more effective with these so ive been looking into it, doesnt seem to be much of it going on in ireland at the mo though.

Where exactly would one get it done?

Passenger wrote: »
    Where exactly would one get it done?

Most good body piercers offer it. Tattoo artists don't usually touch it, as they tend to want to focus more on their own work, and a lot of them seem to be creeped out by it. Plus, it's actually more closely related to piercing, as it involves an understanding the dermal layers of your skin. The designs are more limited too so being good at drawing is less important too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me
    Ah yeah, very annoying. It's almost as bad as what I hear constantly... "Sorry, you have too much experience!" WTF???? :mad: :confused:

I can understand that one a little, in that if the company hires someone that is obviously overqualified, they will not get much job satisfaction from the role, and as such, are more likely to leave again as soon as something better comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me

Not necessarily a bad thing

00-Sexy-clown-babes1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Found out tonight I'm back in work tomorrow night for overtime, i always feel so conflicted on the one hand more money towards tattoos and towards a new car whenever find one I want :) on the other hand it feels so wrong to work on a friday night and it means more hours in work, I want to win the lotto.

• Advertisement

Wait... wait... wait...

I've been co-modding all these years with a... ginger!!!??? D:

Fup off you.

And just for your information you used to mod with 2 gingers!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement