Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

This time tomoro il prob be on my 20 can of bulmers and sitting by a fire in woods beside the lake talking to anything that moves
    Some poor squirrel is gonna have the ears burned off him :)

Jasus they must be some potent cans of bulmers you'll be having :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Jasus they must be some potent cans of bulmers you'll be having :P

Well they'll be baught in lidl tomoro morning on way down and they'll be warm and on a boat with me all day while fishing so it'll have a bit of a kick off it haha
    Il end up having a chat with a squirrel or whatever trout I catch
    Hopefully it not like last year and I fell into a pit full of stale **** mud and water and the smell is ****in rotten and il actually remember to bring my tent and sleeping bag this time
    Last year I was fcukin ffffffffrozen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm out tonight for a friends birthday, should be fun :D Haven't been out drinking in the woods in a long time, last time I was I finished off a bottle of jager on my own and then fell asleep sitting upright on a log.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Dear PKM, Marty and all other car enthusiasts.... :P Can ye help me?

I'm in the market for a second hand car, want to upgrade by a few years and get a diesel as I'm doing a lot more mileage than I was now that I'm commuting up to Galway from Clare. Have a Peugeot 206 1.1, and was looking at the Renault Megane hatchback 1.5 diesel, the newer style from 2009, which I pretty much fell in love with (not as much as I fell in love with the new Clio but I can't afford that :( ), but my mechanic is telling me to stay away from them because they cause a lot of trouble with fuel injectors.

Heard anything about them/ever owned one?

If not don't worry, I'll go back to the Motors forum and wait for one of the strangers to reply to me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Love this.

746533_original.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

A few drinks last night turned into a lot of drinks followed by getting lock with my friend's mam in her house and staying over. Went shopping for toothbrushes, cloths and underwear, now back into town to sit in a beer garden with wine :) good day ahead, yay :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sounds like fun :P I have nothing much to do until about 7 or 8, so at the minute I'm doing a bit of work on my CV to see if I can get at least a little work in this town.

Angron wrote: »
    Sounds like fun
    :P I have nothing much to do until about 7 or 8, so at the minute I'm
    doing a bit of work on my CV to see if I can get at least a little work
    in this town.

Should be. :) If only I didn't have work tomorrow. :( hmm, you're gonna find it tough to get a job in Longford tbh.

Oh very, but I have to try I guess. Hopefully I can get through college though starting next year. Then I'll at least have decent options for a job.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Dear PKM, Marty and all other car enthusiasts.... :P Can ye help me?

I'm in the market for a second hand car, want to upgrade by a few years and get a diesel as I'm doing a lot more mileage than I was now that I'm commuting up to Galway from Clare. Have a Peugeot 206 1.1, and was looking at the Renault Megane hatchback 1.5 diesel, the newer style from 2009, which I pretty much fell in love with (not as much as I fell in love with the new Clio but I can't afford that :( ), but my mechanic is telling me to stay away from them because they cause a lot of trouble with fuel injectors.

Heard anything about them/ever owned one?

If not don't worry, I'll go back to the Motors forum and wait for one of the strangers to reply to me :o

I've never owned one myself, but I will say personally I would never drive Renault they have a bit of a name for having bad reliability and generally cars don't get a bad rep for nothing. But in saying that there are plenty of people who drive Renaults with little to no issues. Best bet when looking at cars especially since you'll be looking at one up in the years is check for service history, bring a good mechanic with you give it a good looking over and take it for a test drive and don't be afraid to drive it a bit hard just because there sitting beside ya.

But have a look and take in what they say in the motor forum you will prob read and get a lot of conflicting opinions they usually go that way but still can be helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I've never owned one myself, but I will say personally I would never drive Renault they have a bit of a name for having bad reliability and generally cars don't get a bad rep for nothing. But in saying that there are plenty of people who drive Renaults with little to no issues. Best bet when looking at cars especially since you'll be looking at one up in the years is check for service history, bring a good mechanic with you give it a good looking over and take it for a test drive and don't be afraid to drive it a bit hard just because there sitting beside ya.

But have a look and take in what they say in the motor forum you will prob read and get a lot of conflicting opinions they usually go that way but still can be helpful.

Was going to post something similar.I was once told never to buy a French car.

Renaults aren't the worst of the bunch but if its injectors that are the problem then Id steer away from it.

Injectors can be a few hundred each if you need them.

What type of mileage are you doing that needs a diesel??
    Most people think "hey Ill buy a diesel and save myself hundreds" when a decent reliable petrol will serve just as well and cost the same.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Was going to post something similar.I was once told never to buy a French car.

Renaults aren't the worst of the bunch but if its injectors that are the problem then Id steer away from it.

Injectors can be a few hundred each if you need them.

What type of mileage are you doing that needs a diesel??
    Most people think "hey Ill buy a diesel and save myself hundreds" when a decent reliable petrol will serve just as well and cost the same.

Same as myself I have an uncle that has one and has given him lots of trouble plus a neighbour who was given a new car by Renault because there brand new shiny car's engine blew after about 7 months. But you can get lucky and get a good one, there not all heaps of scrap.

Yeh good point so many people are buying diesel these days who really don't need to they don't do the mileage to warrant a diesel but are lured in by the cheap tax and fuel but can cost more in the long run with dearer service costs and repair costs which are inevitable if you dont work a diesel engine hard enough, I think there will be a lot of small diesels filling garage's in a few years with to many people using them for pottering around to the shops etc doing journey that dont even give the engine time to warm up.

I myself only do about 7,000 to 9,000km a year and while I do ill stick to petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Today dyarted off with a lovely sophisticated (free) lunch in the Shelbourne hotel, where they gave me wine.... and a 59 squid penneys gift card. Now im half cut in the black sheep with a bag full of new clothes! BEST DAY EVER!!!

Half cut in the black sheep..?

Not a single drink have I bought!

Fair enough, I'd never heard that one before :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

@Ankhyu - I had a brand new Renault Scenic back in 2004, it was the 1.4 petrol. It never gave me a bit of trouble in the time I had it. Having said that, I have heard that it's not the injectors that give trouble, but the LCD dash! I have a friend who has a 2009/2010 Megane diesel and she loves it, never gave her a bit of trouble either. You can be lucky or not I suppose.

If it was me, I'd be going for something Jap! Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, Mitsubishi....plenty of better options out there.

Today I had the kids. Haven't seen them in about 6 weeks. Had a great day with them, it was nice to see them again. Have to wait 5/6 weeks before I see them again. :rolleyes:

Just ordered a Chinese and sitting watching Only Fools & Horses now..

Angron wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'd never heard that one before :P

It's a little craft beer pub. Quite quaint. They have board games. We played dirtu scrabble. Guess who won!!!!

I just ran into atavan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

What a day!!

After ten years I have got to see The Lion King musical and it far outweighed any expectations I had for it. An absolutely amazing production, the mechanics behind some of the puppetry were incredible!! The best thing I've seen in such a long time. Nearly cried during the opening with The circle of Life, I won't spoil some of the surprises, but really recommend everyone go and see it :)

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I just ran into atavan :D

Where??
    FoxyVixen wrote: »
    What a day!!

After ten years I have got to see The Lion King musical and it far outweighed any expectations I had for it. An absolutely amazing production, the mechanics behind some of the puppetry were incredible!! The best thing I've seen in such a long time. Nearly cried during the opening with The circle of Life, I won't spoil some of the surprises, but really recommend everyone go and see it :)

Im so jealous! It looks amazing, id sell a kidney to go see it!

Where??

At the top of O'Connell bridge. Tonight seems to be my night for running into people, I also ran into two of my old managers, three cousins and one cousin's girlfriend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Im so jealous! It looks amazing, id sell a kidney to go see it!

Sell it!!! Totally worth it ;)

Tix are really worth the price though. Hell I spent 3hrs each way driving to see it. Not a bit of regret :) would have stayed for the late show and seen it again :)

Im all outta booze :(

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I think tonight I'm going to go to sleep with music playing for the night. I don't do it very often and there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to spend listening to amazing music. :p

Everyone else is all sleepy an stuff, Denny stays up to drink jager. typing on my phone is hhorrible though

Just home a while from doing some shopping in Tescos there something peaceful about shopping at crazy hours of the night, was aching for a drink tonight but shockingly no one was drinking :( so sat in a friends and talked crap for the night, just aswell I have a wedding to look forward to next week just need to take out the suit dust it off make sure it fits and is in a reasonable state.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just home a while from doing some shopping in Tescos there something peaceful about shopping at crazy hours of the night, was aching for a drink tonight but shockingly no one was drinking :( so sat in a friends and talked crap for the night, just aswell I have a wedding to look forward to next week just need to take out the suit dust it off make sure it fits and is in a reasonable state.

Yeah, used to love a wander round tesco in the wee hours when I was between sets of night shifts. Only realised recently (when I arrived at around 12:05) that they have stopped being 24 hour in Tallaght

Not in the mood for work at all. :(

Have to go do some food shopping later. Decided to over-haul my diet again. I usually eat protein, veg, complex carbs and very little else.

But, I'm going to cut out almost all carbs, except sweet potatoes now and then, more veg, leaner protein, less calories. Also going to attempt to either stop drinking, or only drink vodka and diet mixers for the next 8 weeks.

Then, instead of going to my bootcamp classes twice a week, I'm attempting to go 4-5 times a week and also go running twice a week.

If you don't hear from me in a week, presume I've died!

• Advertisement

Well, that was a pretty fun night :D I should really stop getting the key for friends internet before I go out though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement