Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm in such a sad mood today, and no real idea why. This is not nice! At least I only have three hours left in work today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yeah, used to love a wander round tesco in the wee hours when I was between sets of night shifts. Only realised recently (when I arrived at around 12:05) that they have stopped being 24 hour in Tallaght

Yeh its cool having the place to yourself basically and strolling around no avoiding other trolleys etc :), I didnt even know the one in Tallaght had stopped being 24 hours I normally go the one in Lucan its a quick enough drive from Tallaght, Clondalkin and it's a decent Tescos aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm in such a sad mood today, and no real idea why. This is not nice! At least I only have three hours left in work today. :)

I hate those days. Tuning out everything and watching a film helps sometimes..although you should probably wait till you get home before you do that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Hellrazer wrote: »
    What type of mileage are you doing that needs a diesel??
    Most people think "hey Ill buy a diesel and save myself hundreds" when a decent reliable petrol will serve just as well and cost the same.
    Yeh good point so many people are buying diesel these days who really don't need to they don't do the mileage to warrant a diesel but are lured in by the cheap tax and fuel but can cost more in the long run with dearer service costs and repair costs which are inevitable if you dont work a diesel engine hard enough, I think there will be a lot of small diesels filling garage's in a few years with to many people using them for pottering around to the shops etc doing journey that dont even give the engine time to warm up.

I myself only do about 7,000 to 9,000km a year and while I do ill stick to petrol.

Sorry I'm so late getting back about this. For work alone I'll be doing about 23,000 km a year.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Sorry I'm so late getting back about this. For work alone I'll be doing about 23,000 km a year.

Well then a diesel is certainly for you. Will that be mostly motorway driving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Morning all havent been on much lately!! been busy struggling with my new diet and training regime haha lost 9 pound in a week though so im stoked!! its feckin tough tho! roll on week 2 haha

That's a HUGE loss, mate, congrats! :)

I'm starting another 8 week bootcamp challenge tonight, but have to get 'after' pics done from the last 8 weeks I did. Managed to lose seven inches even though I slacked a LOT.

Started my day off well, though. A poached egg and smoked salmon on ryvita for breakfast, with green tea. eating the salmon has made me feel sick though, cause I hate fish. :pac:

Have a load of veg ready to be blended with some chilli powder to make soup for dinner after work, and three litres of water in work with me. Determined to work my ass off for this 8 weeks, my aim is to lose ten more inches this time. :)

That's a HUGE loss, mate, congrats! :)

I'm starting another 8 week bootcamp challenge tonight, but have to get 'after' pics done from the last 8 weeks I did. Managed to lose seven inches even though I slacked a LOT.

Started my day off well, though. A poached egg and smoked salmon on ryvita for breakfast, with green tea. eating the salmon has made me feel sick though, cause I hate fish. :pac:

Have a load of veg ready to be blended with some chilli powder to make soup for dinner after work, and three litres of water in work with me. Determined to work my ass off for this 8 weeks, my aim is to lose ten more inches this time. :)

Jesus 7 inchs that brilliant!! sounds like the diet is similar enough to mine!
    no big meals - 5 small one throughout the day, one every 3-4 hrs approx 100gram of lean meat or fish and plenty of veg at every sitting! not the biggest fish lover myself so im struggling a small bit with that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hate most fish, particularly salmon or tuna.

Well then a diesel is certainly for you. Will that be mostly motorway driving?

I'd say about half of that is motorway driving

• Advertisement

Seven inches isnt much considering how much I could have lost if I'd put in more work, I really slacked off tbh. My diet is probably similar to yours but less calories. I'm meant to be on 1500 a day, but I'm doing 1200 because I can go that low without my body going into starvation mode. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Urgh, decided to watch the basketball last night and couldn't sleep after it. Currently in that horrible wired but knowing I'll crash and burn in a few hours mode

I think most people hate fish, I struggle with it myself only one I can eat is smokes salmon really although I did buy smoked colley so going to try that during the week. You lot with your puney calories I've to take in 3,500 to 4,000 a day and I'll still struggle to gain weight stupid high metabolism.

I'd say about half of that is motorway driving

Yeh see personally then I'd be looking at a bigger more powerful diesel engine, these days they can be got with cheap tax still have good fuel economy and allow for a lot more comfort at motorway speeds.

I think most people hate fish, I struggle with it myself only one I can eat is
    smokes salmon really although I did buy smoked colley so going to try that during the week. You lot with your puney calories I've to take in 3,500 to 4,000 a day and I'll still struggle to gain weight stupid high metabolism.

Holy crap, if I stick to 1,200 a day (which I will), you'll be eating more than three times what I eat. fcuking hell. swap? :p

Haha, I've definitely been thinking about calories too much. I was writing out price lists, and instead of writing that the filters I sell are equivalent to 200 smokes, I wrote '200 calorie equivalent. :pac:

Holy crap, if I stick to 1,200 a day (which I will), you'll be eating more than three times what I eat. fcuking hell. swap? :p

:pac: sure the smoothie I have every day pretty much covers your calorie intake per day, sure it's only 11 and I've already gone over 1200.

:pac: sure
    the smoothie I have every day pretty much covers your calorie intake per
    day, sure it's only 11 and I've already gone over 1200.

Jesus... I've had about 300, probably a bit less. :pac: Tbh I'm busy today so I'll probably only hit around 800 for the day. :pac:

Yeh see personally then I'd be looking at a bigger more powerful diesel engine, these days they can be got with cheap tax still have good fuel economy and allow for a lot more comfort at motorway speeds.

How big? :O I'm only driving a 1.1 petrol at the moment, anything too much of a jump and I'll feel like I'm taking off! :pac:

How big? :O I'm only driving a 1.1 petrol at the moment, anything too much of a jump and I'll feel like I'm taking off! :pac:

Ah don't worry about it feeling like it's taking off :) after few hours you become accustomed to the extra power, for example I've a friend who has 08 Honda civic type s it's a 2.2 diesel tax is only about 200 a year, get great fuel economy with enough power aswell, spacious nice interior. If you doing that many miles your going to want a car you feel comfortable in and don't mind being sat in so much.

I went from a 1.2 petrol to a 1.7 diesel! i was used to the car by the time i got home! you'll adjust to the change in know time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Really need to start counting the calories. Think I'll wait till afer the exams though. Currently living in the library and not much canteen food I can eat so think I'll be snacking rather than eating full lunches.

Planned on spending most of today in the library but three hours in and I feel like my brain has melted. Have covered four out of seven topics though so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Angron wrote: »
    I hate most fish, particularly salmon or tuna.

They're the nicest :)

I'm love fish
    Great for if ya work out
    Best for it is mackerel
    And they'll be in bullock harbour soon so il be clearing the freezer out and Dillon it up over the summer :)

I think I'll just stick to chicken and eggs when I'm working out. Felt sick for hours after having salmon this morning, bloody foul stuff.

I think I'll just stick to chicken and eggs when I'm working out. Felt sick for hours after having salmon this morning, bloody foul stuff.

Think you'll find the chicken is FOWL stuff

Il get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

gregers85 wrote: »
    I went from a 1.2 petrol to a 1.7 diesel! i was used to the car by the time i got home! you'll adjust to the change in know time!

A couple of years ago in work I had to move a 4.9 litre lexus monster, and the only car I had driven at the time was my 1.2l grande punto.... that was some shock to the system! :pac:

i couldnt stomach it in the morning! i have eggs at breakfast, turkey or chicken during the day, i might have a can of tuna sald with lunch but i have my main fish as my evening meal! usually after training! im usually so hungry ill eat what ever is infront of me haha

maximoose wrote: »
    A couple of years ago in work I had to move a 6 litre lexus monster, and the only car I had driven at the time was my 1.2l grande punto.... that was some shock to the system! :pac:

Worked in Toyota for few years as mechanic and moved a few monsters about while only gotten my privisional
    Old heavy ba5tard 5 litres mercs old Toyota trucks some from America a big dodge ram here or there vans jeeps etc
    Biggest worry was more expensive the car the quicker I'd be sacked if a scratch got on them
    So drove them like a granny

gregers85 wrote: »
    i couldnt
    stomach it in the morning! i have eggs at breakfast, turkey or chicken
    during the day, i might have a can of tuna sald with lunch but i have my
    main fish as my evening meal! usually after training! im usually so
    hungry ill eat what ever is infront of me haha

Today I've had salmon, a poached egg and one ryvita for breakfast, two whole-grain rice cakes for lunch (wasn't hungry) and when I get back from training, I'll be cooking carrots, parsnips, peas, tomatoes, chilies and about 40g of chicken (tiny amount, I know) and blitzing it all with a bit of cayenne pepper, chilli powder and paprika to make a spicy soup. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They're the nicest :)

I'm love fish
    Great for if ya work out
    Best for it is mackerel
    And they'll be in bullock harbour soon so il be clearing the freezer out and Dillon it up over the summer :)
    Fair enough, I just don't like much of it myself. The only fish I seem to like that much is cod and haddock. Mackerel is all right too.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Fair enough, I just don't like much of it myself. The only fish I seem to like that much is cod and haddock. Mackerel is all right too.

Cod is nice if its caught and eaten that day
    Not waitin in a chipper freezer for two weeks before being cooked :)
    Eel is lovely well worth trying if not tried before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement