Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've got a bag of frozen cod loins before, from "The Meat Factory", they were really tasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I've got a bag of frozen cod loins before, from "The Meat Factory", they were really tasty!

Do cod really have loins? Weird image.

Fish is muck, can't stand it.

XD Haha :D

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_cod_loin

I like some fish, hate others. Dislike salmon, and some others. I like cod, whiting, tuna, sardines...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Salmon is beautiful, especially if just smoked and not cooked. Wild salmon fillet is second to no fish! Cod is alright, pretty versatile. Anchovies are a lovely pizza topping. Tuna is great in salads. But screw all those, you need to get king prawns and squid rings! Yumm :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Never had squid rings, but prawns are great :D

• Advertisement

They're surprisingly chewy, but in a really good way! They go great in a Carbonara sauce.

I do like prawns. Had crab before but it's also not great. Shrimp are also tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I had squid in a seaweed and lemon grass soup from a street vendor over in Bangkok. I was full to the gills with drink so didn't taste much. All I remember is that it was chewy.

But screw all those, you need to get king prawns and squid rings! Yumm :D

Not a prawn fan, but love me some calamari!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Scampi has to be the nicest fish based food there is.

Failing that a nice bit of smoked salmon, haddock or cod can't be beat either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Never was that into to fish but didn't mind a bit of cod, smoked salmon was also good. Calamari is nice but I ate it so much in the staff canteen in Lanzarote that even if I still ate fish I doubt I could go near it again for a few years at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Baked salmon. Season well, bit of butter, bit of lemon. Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gregers85 wrote: »
    i couldnt stomach it in the morning! i have eggs at breakfast, turkey or chicken during the day, i might have a can of tuna sald with lunch but i have my main fish as my evening meal! usually after training! im usually so hungry ill eat what ever is infront of me haha

Thats exactly what im doing today, just home from the gym and im lepping with the hunger I bought some smoked coley never had it before but it looks ok Im hoping even if its rank im that hungry ill devour it.

Do like me some prawns, smoked salmon and scampi though in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ew, I hate sea food so much. :pac:

Nearly home from my class, it's in a new premises that's a forty minute walk from my house, so combine the fact that I usually walk to work and jog home, with walking to and from class and the class itself and I'm doing three hours of exercise on the days I have class :)

Can't wait to get home and make soup. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feeling a bit bummed out at the minute. Brought the dogs for a walk, and Lady's starting to get arthritis which was pretty bad this evening. Couldn't take her the full way we usually go. I hate that she's getting old, I love that dog :(

Seven and a half hours study, a pretty awful date and now sitting in the college foyer because no life for another forty minutes or so. It's been a looooooooooong day. I need sleep.

Angron wrote: »
    Feeling a bit bummed out at the minute. Brought the dogs for a walk, and Lady's starting to get arthritis which was pretty bad this evening. Couldn't take her the full way we usually go. I hate that she's getting old, I love that dog :(

Yeh its always sad to see :( my next door neighbour had a border collie beautiful looking dog it was crippled with arthritis by the end to the point it was borderline cruelty, so sad to watch though.

Seven and a half hours study, a pretty awful date and now sitting in the college foyer because no life for another forty minutes or so. It's been a looooooooooong day. I need sleep.

Ouch awful date nothing worse than that.

Ouch awful date nothing worse than that.

Depends on how awful. She might have at least got a decent story out of it.

A mediocre date seems like it would be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Angron wrote: »

Sorry to hear that :(, hateful seeing them go. But if you reduce the exercise and if not already, supplement her diet with some salmon oil you'd be surprised how she might "wake up" a bit and get a few more years with her ;)

Ensure she has a high protein diet, it's a myth that older dogs need lower protein as they age. Helps keep their liver and kidneys moving ;)

What is it with popping in here and food being discussed when I'm hungry :mad: My chicken wrap is looking damn measly now in comparison to a nice bit of salmon or calamari :(.

No-one has mentioned seabass, if that's done right it just melts in the mouth. Or lemon sole stuffed with crab meat or prawns :eek: :cool: mmmmmmm *insert Homer drooling face, where's PKM when ya need him:P*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    What is it with popping in here and food being discussed when I'm hungry :mad: My chicken wrap is looking damn measly now in comparison to a nice bit of salmon or calamari :(.

No-one has mentioned seabass, if that's done right it just melts in the mouth. Or lemon sole stuffed with crab meat or prawns :eek: :cool: mmmmmmm *insert Homer drooling face, where's PKM when ya need him:P*

LOL - not really a fish person myself. When it comes to it, I prefer the turf to the surf! :D I eat crab claws from time to time and I love a piece of smoked cod with a chips but that's about it. Oh, and I love a tuna sandwich from time to time. But calamari and prawns and salmon....NO!! Couldn't do it. Gimme a rib-eye steak or a t-bone or a nice roast beef or as I had this evening, some gammon steak!!

I was referring to you for the Homer drooling picture ;) You are generally the King of inserting funny photos at just the right time ;)

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I was referring to you for the Homer drooling picture ;) You are generally the King of inserting funny photos at just the right time ;)

He can't post pictures of Homer though. He gets confused with his own picture :P

Orim wrote: »
    He can't post pictures of Homer though. He gets confused with his own picture :P

:eek: WTF???

1695661_o.gif

No no interesting story just spent a few hours trying to drag conversation out of the most boring person I have ever met. Home, in bed, going to watch some Stargate. :D

:eek: WTF???

I guess I should have run :pac:

That's not from a Simpsons, is it?

Orim wrote: »
    I guess I should have run :pac:

That's not from a Simpsons, is it?

From The Simpson's movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

From The Simpson's movie.

Moe-"top of his head is exposed Quick lets claw it"

Time for me to get to bed. Had a hectic week of programming trying to get a project done for college. Due Thursday so I don't have a life until it's presented. Got an "easy" bit and a "hard" bit and only just completed the easy bit. Didn't help that I spent three hours trying to configure the software today before I could even get to work properly!

This is neither the first nor the last time I'll say this, but I should just run away and become a hippy :p

• Advertisement

Woke u this morning to a letter from the Gards kindly giving me two penalty points and an 80 euro fine for being 15kmh over the limit :mad: that not even ten fcuking mph over so annoying :mad:. They always put them poxy vans on nice straight stretches of road in danger zones my hole it's a money making racket, I wouldn't mind them if they put them in black spots but they don't :mad:, rant rant rant :mad:.

On a bright note just home from the gym, shower breakfast then off I go to Remis :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement