Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I wonder what they died from, like, if it was related to such heavy modification.

It was suicide I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

There is specualtion with some seemingly fairly confident but cant find anything official that he commited suicide.

He did push boundaries and in my own opinion to far fair enough if it made him happy but ive seen him interviewed and and he does come across as fairly troubled aswell, but then again anyone who pushes the boundaries of conventional thinking is usually ostracized by society which cant have made life easy for him either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Adiboo wrote: »
    It was suicide I believe.

Yeah I guess that's what sprang to mind first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

There is specualtion with some seemingly fairly confident but cant find anything official that he commited suicide..

A link popped up on my Facebook feed last night with an article claiming suicide. I'm on my phone at the minute and can't find the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

There is specualtion with some seemingly fairly confident but cant find anything official that he commited suicide.

He did push boundaries and in my own opinion to far fair enough if it made him happy but ive seen him interviewed and and he does come across as fairly troubled aswell, but then again anyone who pushes the boundaries of conventional thinking is usually ostracized by society which cant have made life easy for him either.

If it was suicide, that's somewhat understandable.

Like you said, society as a whole does ostracise people who are completely different. I'd imagine that you need a REALLY thick skin to handle that kind of thing, and plenty of people can't handle it. He was in the media spotlight too, which I'd imagine wasn't his intention when he got all the mods done.

Poor guy. :(

• Advertisement

A link popped up on my Facebook feed last night with an article claiming suicide. I'm on my phone at the minute and can't find the link.

Yeh ive read one or two saying suicide but cant find anything from an official news source or site saying it, or no one seems to know the manner in which he died.

Heres an article from BME saying suicide

http://news.bme.com/2012/11/12/rip-stalking-cat/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh it's alright I'm not that concerned. Just would have been kinda interesting (although probably a bit soon) from a medical view if it had been due to such heavy modification.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Ahh it's alright I'm not that concerned. Just would have been kinda interesting (although probably a bit soon) from a medical view if it had been due to such heavy modification.

Not really at all, it would of lead to a massive over reaction world wide and more heavily modded people would be even more outcasts from the "normal" scociety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

very sad if he did indeed commit suicide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

On another note, did a 4k run today. It might not seem like a lot but bear in mind my collarbone is still broken and I haven't ran since May/June and haven't done a whole lot with regard to anything else in a few months. I'm going to try to do 4k twice a week and build it up again. After I get surgery next month, God knows when I'll be able to do anything so I'll make the most of it now.God I miss my boxing/Cross-Fit/Convict Conditioning. I feel so old and broken. :( LOL

• Advertisement

On another note, did a 4k run today. It might not seem like a lot but bear in mind my collarbone is still broken and I haven't ran since May/June and haven't done a whole lot with regard to anything else in a few months. I'm going to try to do 4k twice a week and build it up again. After I get surgery next month, God knows when I'll be able to do anything so I'll make the most of it now.God I miss my boxing/Cross-Fit/Convict Conditioning. I feel so old and broken. :( LOL

4k is a HUGE amount if you haven't run since May/June AND you're still recovering. :eek: I do 5k at a stretch. :pac:

Don't feel old and broken (aside from the collarbone :( ), no old people can run that far. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I want to get a new ear piercing but have no ideas what to get. Have tragus, rook, conch, Anti tragus, scaffold, helix, lobes and an orbital done already so looking for something different. Thinking either a double tragus or snug or forward helix. Would like to get a Ragnar piercing but not really up to trying to heal that! Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's probably just me but when someone lists off their piercings like that it looks like the track listing off a techno album.

Orim wrote: »
    It's probably just me but when someone lists off their piercings like that it looks like the track listing off a techno album.

Same to me, but that's probably because I have no idea what piercing is what. I don't even have my earlobes pierced. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I want to get a new ear piercing but have no ideas what to get. Have tragus, rook, conch, Anti tragus, scaffold, helix, lobes and an orbital done already so looking for something different. Thinking either a double tragus or snug or forward helix. Would like to get a Ragnar piercing but not really up to trying to heal that! Any suggestions?

Grow a third ear on the back of a mouse, then pierce it lots

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Why not just ask in the piercing studio? The piercer might have some odd piercing they want to try and you'll get a snazzy piercing out of it. That's what I did with my conch-to-tragus scaffold :)

Had a graphic designer in the job today when seeing my tattoo told me how she had been dying to get one done for ages but couldnt decide on the design she wanted something that never been done before and she wanted it on her back as she didnt want to look at it everyday :confused::confused:.

Also im starting to hate amazon :mad: there bulidig there new premises right across from my job spent hour celaning the car yesterday and within two hours with all of the tucks etc coming and going from there building site the car was filthy :mad:, damn builders damn amazon :p.

Had a graphic designer in the job today when seeing my tattoo told me how she had been dying to get one done for ages but couldnt decide on the design she wanted something that never been done before and she wanted it on her back as she didnt want to look at it everyday :confused::confused:.

Also im starting to hate amazon :mad: there bulidig there new premises right across from my job spent hour celaning the car yesterday and within two hours with all of the tucks etc coming and going from there building site the car was filthy :mad:, damn builders damn amazon :p.

Surely a graphic designer would find it fairly easy to design something themselves that's never been done before? :pac: And what's with getting a tattoo that you don't want to look at? Strange.

Ah god, you were so proud about your car being spotless last night. :pac: Poor you!

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Surely a graphic designer would find it fairly easy to design something themselves that's never been done before? :pac: And what's with getting a tattoo that you don't want to look at? Strange.

Ah god, you were so proud about your car being spotless last night. :pac: Poor you!

I know that was the bit I dont get :confused:, yeh I want a tattoo but I never want to be able to look at it. Fair enough on the back if ya want it there but if the reason is to never have to see it just plain why :confused:.

She was gleaming last night got compliments in work and all on how well she was looking till amazon saw the end of that :mad: fcukers :P.

You made the mistake of bringing a clean car outside yer driveway :p

I live beside a main road though - feckin' car gets filthy just sitting there. It'll be left like that for another few weeks till I can be arsed trying to clean it in the freezing cold :pac:

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    You made the mistake of bringing a clean car outside yer driveway :p

I live beside a main road though - feckin' car gets filthy just sitting there. It'll be left like that for another few weeks till I can be arsed trying to clean it in the freezing cold :pac:

I know I need to get myself a garage and just keep the car there for good like a shony ornament and maybe just for kicks go out and start the engine from time to time to hear her purrrr :)

Ha I know your pain on that one cant be hard to motivate yourself in the winter, but its worth it when ya do, I got so into it last night I wasnt letting the fact it was dark out stop me hell no done the whole interior and back to black on the tires in pitch dark :)

Had some weirdo poking my tattoos in a club last night, asking if they were real. No matter what I said, the guy was convinced I had paid somebody to draw them on me in marker. :pac: I also need to learn to throw my phone away instead of drunk texting, eek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I also need to learn to throw my phone away instead of drunk texting, eek!

Oh yeah - that can be embarrassing! LOL

Ha I know your pain on that one cant be hard to motivate yourself in the winter, but its worth it when ya do, I got so into it last night I wasnt letting the fact it was dark out stop me hell no done the whole interior and back to black on the tires in pitch dark :)

Just wait till you spot the big patch you missed :p
    I also need to learn to throw my phone away instead of drunk texting, eek!

Or even better, drunk boards posting. I wake up the next morning with this impending sense of pride that I managed to operate my phone, connect to the internet, hit some random letters and hit 'post reply' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Or even better, drunk boards posting. I wake up the next morning with this impending sense of pride that I managed to operate my phone, connect to the internet, hit some random letters and hit 'post reply' :o

I have an awful problem of creating threads when I'm drunk. Always cringe when they're bumped.

Drunk texting is great. It's like your own drama unfolding the next day and you've got the spoiler filled sent messages if you get bored.

Oh God, don't even remind me. I've made such a show of myself on boards while drunk. I just hide from the internet while I'm drinking now. :pac:

I don't tend to go on boards as much when I'm drunk. I do manage to stumble onto FB though - drunken SU FTW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I think my addiction to studded things has gone too far. I now have an umbrella with a studded handle. I do need an umbrella for when I come home anyway but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Anyone know of anyone looking for an apprentice? Not for me, for a friend. She's exhausted all of the options in Galway and is willing to travel to meet artists but obviously can't visit every artist in the country on the off chance they're willing to take her. Has a fb and a tumblr with some of her artwork as well if anyone wants to see her work before meeting her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

42 thanks on my thirty competition entry!!! :) I'm shocked, flattered and more than a little delighted (even though it's not judged on thanks)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement