Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    You're a bad influence! :p

I'm a bloody brilliant influence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You're a bad influence! :p

I'm only allowing myself to drink a few vodkas and diet cokes on nights out, and even then I'm limiting those, too!

The not drinking part is harder than the stricter diet tbh. :pac:

The diet is even easy for me but I havent managed to stop drinking and this weekend with a wedding and bbq coming up it wont be happening anytime soon :), now just bring out the sun, get the boring part of the wedding done with and let the fun times roll.
    I'm a bloody brilliant influence!!

I do agree with this :) I'd love a drink now stupid 6a.m rise in the morning.

I do agree with this :) I'd love a drink now stupid 6a.m rise in the morning.

Start drinking now and just roll right through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

The diet is
    even easy for me but I havent managed to stop drinking and this weekend
    with a wedding and bbq coming up it wont be happening anytime soon :),
    now just bring out the sun, get the boring part of the wedding done with
    and let the fun times roll.

I do agree with this :) I'd love a drink now stupid 6a.m rise in the
    morning.

Course the diet is easy for you, you never stop eating. :p

Course the diet is easy for you, you never stop eating. :p

I put on 3lbs reading that post.....

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Marty, saw yer tattoo posted on Remi's instagram and had to come here and tell ye congrats on getting a fine bit of art tattooed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I love when someone posts up a really nice piece in the show you mine thread and you get to see how many lurk this forum :pac:

Mornin' All.

My sister is cracking up atm.

She fell a few days ago and really hurt her foot. I've had medical training so I checked it and felt a break, so sent her into hospital.

The consultant x rayed it, but then didn't look at the x ray because he couldn't feel a break in her foot so decided there was nothing wrong, told her there was nothing wrong and to stop being silly and stop using her crutches.

So she's been attempting to walk around the past few days, feeling more and more pain.

Hospital just rang her saying to come in first thing tomorrow morning because a different doctor looked at her x ray and there are TWO breaks in her foot. :mad: :mad: Fcuking cnuts!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Seriously? "Well I have this x-ray right here that I could easily look at, but I'd rather not. You'll be fine!"

I hate going to the hospital, one of the times I broke my wrist I was there for the best part of 7 hours before someone thought "Hmm, maybe we should x-ray it to check."

Angron wrote: »
    Seriously? "Well I have this x-ray right here that I could easily look at, but I'd rather not. You'll be fine!"

I hate going to the hospital, one of the times I broke my wrist I was there for the best part of 7 hours before someone thought "Hmm, maybe we should x-ray it to check."

Do you think they get paid a 100K a year to look at stuff? Ger outta it.

I must say I seem to be quite lucky with the health system. The only serious injury I've had was burning my feet as a kid and I was in and looked after in no time as far as I can remember. No mess-ups either but then it's hard to make a mistake regarding the skin peeling off my feet.

• Advertisement

She's making a complaint tomorrow for them leaving her in pain for two days.

Tbh the hospital we go to is useless. I was sent in by my doctor when I was extremely sick, and they told me I was constipated. Went to another hospital the next day, I actually had double pneumonia!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

How in the hell do you mix those two things up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

My granny was sent into hospital when her leg went numb and stayed that way for days. The Doctor she saw said 'They're sending in people with nothing wrong with them, you're legs just asleep.' It later turned out she had both a ministroke and a minor heart attack. There were loads of signs up in A and E at the time about the ramifications of antisocial behaviour and assaulting doctors. After he had left the room the nurse said to my granny 'Its no reason they need signs like that with the likes of him.'

Angron wrote: »
    How in the hell do you mix those two things up?

Because I had been so sick, I hadn't eaten or had water for four days, so obviously wasn't going to the toilet. They said my breathing difficulties were just stomach cramps and offered me a colonoscopy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The Irish health system. It has some very good people working in it but it also has a boat load of gobshítes too

My granny was sent into hospital when her leg went numb and stayed that way for days. The Doctor she saw said 'They're sending in people with nothing wrong with them, you're legs just asleep.' It later turned out she had both a ministroke and a minor heart attack. There were loads of signs up in A and E at the time about the ramifications of antisocial behaviour and assaulting doctors. After he had left the room the nurse said to my granny 'Its no reason they need signs like that with the likes of him.'

That's a fricking joke.

But on the otherside, part of the problem is people going into hospital with minor problems. I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage someone had tried to get into A+E after their leg fell asleep.

It's much like the stupidity of the health and safety system. Yes it's annoying and gotten ridiculously stupid but we wouldn't have the problem if people weren't suing for the stupidest reasons.

Orim wrote: »
    That's a fricking joke.

But on the otherside, part of the problem is people going into hospital with minor problems. I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage someone had tried to get into A+E after their leg fell asleep.

It's much like the stupidity of the health and safety system. Yes it's annoying and gotten ridiculously stupid but we wouldn't have the problem if people weren't suing for the stupidest reasons.

Very true actually.

Despite what I said before I've had better experiences with doctors in hospital than my GP. Five months malnourished and dangerously underweight because she believed I was suffering from an eating disorder and wasn't physically ill. Eventually I was sent in to the hospital because I was so underweight. By that evening I was told it could be one of two things, neither of which was an eating disorder.

What's always pissed me off was even if it had been an eating disorder telling me to eat wouldn't have done anything for me. :rolleyes: Only reason she's still my GP is because I've heard so many GP horror stories I feel if I'd switch it wouldn't make much difference.

The best experiences I've had have been with nurses.

Jesus killer banana, id be going mad! I hope your gran makes a speedy recovery!

I forgot the jeans I wore to work today are really low waisted and every time I bend to get stock, the people in the butchers behind me get a flash of my thong. :o Thank fook I wore nice underwear. :pac:

Jesus killer banana, id be going mad! I hope your gran makes a speedy recovery!

Oh this was a good while ago, she's passed away since. Thanks anyway though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Y'know the way you can't die in your dreams? Well, my mind came up with something rather interesting last night. (this is a tad gruesome, but a lot awesome)

Whatever was happening in my dream, I ended up in a confrontation with some dodgy looking character down an alley and got stabbed pretty badly in the back. He left me there, so clutching my back I made my way towards the nearby train tracks and appeared to board a cargo car. I'm pretty sure none of this dream was even set in Ireland, it was sunny and dusty. I remember someone finding me, against the wall of the cart, bleeding, and I remember blanking out. Next thing I know, I wake up and I'm in a doctors office. He's saying I'm badly hurt but he'll do what he can. He prepares sutures and I'm breathing to brace myself for the pain of being stitched, imagining it'll be like getting a piercing. So that goes through and I leave (screw logic) but I know that something doesn't feel right. I feel cold, like that wound aught to have killed me. And then, my mind does the fun bit.

It tells me that I've become immortal. Where events in my dream should only have lead to death, my mind is all like "nope, you can't die". I don't really remember the rest of the dream but I remember being pretty ghostlike.

So there you have it, folks! Immortality is but a good night's sleep away! Gonna test it later, YOLO

I wish, in my dreams when I die (which does happen for me), I usually just wind up in a loop of dying, then winding up back at a point pre-death only to die again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The Matrix has you...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Watchin fox and the hound with my little one
    She loves this film have t say I enjoy it aswell
    She's in her chair stuffing er self with spaghetti and meat balls and glued to telly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Watchin fox and the hound with my little one
    She loves this film have t say I enjoy it aswell
    She's in her chair stuffing er self with spaghetti and meat balls and glued to telly

My eyes are welling up even just thinking about that movie.

132924850615.png

One essay question for Strategic Management has drained me of all energy and resolve...I need to do two in the exam...and four short questions. :( I hate this subject (actually I find it really interesting but it's very complex and I can't see myself memorising enough stuff to do particularly well in the exam).

I have two modules of it next year. :(

One essay question for Strategic Management has drained me of all energy and resolve...I need to do two in the exam...and four short questions. :( I hate this subject (actually I find it really interesting but it's very complex and I can't see myself memorising enough stuff to do particularly well in the exam).

I have two modules of it next year. :(

Good luck with that but you should know that there is only form of strategic management that works: MORE DAKKA!

Had to buy peach yoghurt instead of vanilla the other day. And I have to say I am not disappointed.

Peach yogurts are delicious!

I had two different limited edition Muller lite yogurts/rices recently, a turkish delight yogurt, and a pinapple and caramelised sugar rice. Both delish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

So I've got a few hours today where I don't have to be doing college work like crazy, and I've decided to spend it drawing my scarification piece. I've got a bunch of ideas but I just can't incorporate them into one piece that I like the look of. It always ends up looking like a trinity or a flower, neither of which I want. And I can't seem to find the balance between simple and complicated. I'm so frustrated I could start throwing stuff around, but know I won't, cuz I'm too damn reserved. At least I'm able to tell what's going wrong with my drawings :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement