Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Was at the Galway roller derby team's open night last night. They gave people a chance to try skate and one poor girl was about to fall and grabbed for the handle of the fire escape. The doors opened and she went flying out. She got a round of applause when she came back in. I felt bad but I ended up in tears of laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I've already put this video up in two places on boards but I love it all you normally see from Russia is dash cam videos highlighting crashes and bad driving, this one is just full of heart :).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have to say that from all those dash cam videos Russian roads scare the living bejaysus out of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Going for a night out because SOMEONE cancelled on me to get drunk. :pac: Let's see if I can handle a night out without drinking. :D

P_1 wrote: »
    Have to say that from all those dash cam videos Russian roads scare the living bejaysus out of me

Same here, but if you think about it if we had to have mandatory dash cameras like they do in Russia im not sure we would be much better.

Off out the local for a few pre wedding pints with the groom should be a fun weekend :).

• Advertisement

Same here,
    but if you think about it if we had to have mandatory dash cameras like
    they do in Russia im not sure we would be much better.

Off out the local for a few pre wedding pints with the groom should be a
    fun weekend :).

Better make it up to me, ya git. :pac: have fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

The music i that video had me welling up in parts of it.

Had to laugh at the motorbike guy taking the wing mirror out.

But that toddler one is terrifying :eek:!!! Put shivers down my spine!! The man looked genuinely confused himself.

Have a wedding afters tomorrow night but not sure I'll make it. Funds are low and it'd mean I'd have to drive there so no drinking :(

I'm tempted to drink to get through a fcuking awful gig my friends dragged me to. Trying desperately not to, but Jesus I need something to deafen me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Im betting it wont take them to long to get payback and laugh at you ;).

They made me go the shops and get them chicken fillet rolls!! Next time I'm hungover I'm gonna absolutely milk it.

Ah my head to many pints of Guinness and up way to early, have to be down the pub for 10 for pre wedding pints I've a feeling today is going to be a long day but fun day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

So I've a new job.....So far I have ordered a grands worth of gear and put in an enquiry for about another 2-2.5 k worth of gear, but will hopefully get it discounted heavily. I have yet to make the company any money. I'm such a good employee :pac:

Been having serious tattoo itch (been 4 and a half months since my last one) recently and was considering getting a small tattoo today to tide me over til I've saved for what I want, but hadn't gotten paid enough (boo!).

Mentioned it to a mate, she mentioned it to a tattoo artist she knows, who happens to have no bookings yet today, so offered to do a small piece of script (a quote I like) for 50-60 euro because he's bored and wants to do more work on his script.

He's in tattoo energy, and <snip>. He's done about 11 tatts for her, all of which were lovely, so fcuk it, easy way to get a small tattoo.

I love having friends who know artists. The line I want done, he normally charges a hundred for apparently. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm tempted to drink to get through a fcuking awful gig my friends dragged me to. Trying desperately not to, but Jesus I need something to deafen me!

What was the gig? Finally managed to get the bloody train WiFi to connect here, it's so awkward to do sometimes

Angron wrote: »
    What was the gig? Finally managed to get the bloody train WiFi to connect here, it's so awkward to do sometimes

A friend of my friends was doing a gig in the Twisted Pepper, she does 'goth' music. There were six people there. :pac: She can't sing, she played 5 chords throughout the entire gig, and kept forgetting how to play her songs. It was seriously bad. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

A friend of my friends was doing a gig in the Twisted Pepper, she does 'goth' music. There were six people there. :pac: She can't sing, she played 5 chords throughout the entire gig, and kept forgetting how to play her songs. It was seriously bad. :pac:

Sounds like my first ever gig.

I was that hammered(anyone remember TNT?) I fell off the side of the stage in the rock garden.They turned on the smoke machines,I couldnt see where I was and stepped off the side of the stage.

I think the noise of my bass hitting the ground was the best Id played that night.

Just as well there were only about 10 people there and Id say 7 of them were there to see the next band :p:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sounds like fun :P Huzzah, home now. Train was bloody packed, had to sit between carriages :(

On my way into town to get tattooed, woohoo :D My folks want to murder me :D this'll be 4 in 16 months :D

Enjoy :D I kinda wanna get something soon, but I'll have to save up for it. Concerts coming up don't help too much :P

Yeah, I'm in the process of saving for the one I want, but this small one will tide me over til then. :pac: Plus I like the script the bloke did on my friend, it was really nicely done, so mine should look decent when it's done. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ordered a skip to clean out the house today, you accumulate a lot of crap :\ Filled the whole thing. Still need to get rid of more... and my neighbour even took loads of stuff off me that would have went in otherwise!

On the plus side I got all the kids toys out underneath the stairs instead of clogging up the sitting room.

Skips here til Tuesday cos of the bank holiday... lets hope the skip robbers make some room in it for me tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Angron wrote: »
    Sounds like fun :P Huzzah, home now. Train was bloody packed, had to sit between carriages :(

Hated that when I was in college coming home from Dublin. Train would be jammed within minutes of it arriving and having to pay full whack for the ticket to sit half the journey jammed between people between carraiges. Absolute joke!!
    January wrote: »
    Skips here til Tuesday cos of the bank holiday... lets hope the skip robbers make some room in it for me tonight...

Have something nice slightly hanging out just to encourage them a little more ;)

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Hated that when I was in college coming home from Dublin. Train would be jammed within minutes of it arriving and having to pay full whack for the ticket to sit half the journey jammed between people between carraiges. Absolute joke!!

Yeah, you'd think they'd have more than 3 carriages, especially when there's a bank holiday coming up.

Lol, the bloody shop got customers in today so are now too busy to practise on me. so I'm just paying a hundred to get it done anyway :) broke for the week now. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Ordered a skip to clean out the house today, you accumulate a lot of crap :\ Filled the whole thing. Still need to get rid of more... and my neighbour even took loads of stuff off me that would have went in otherwise!

On the plus side I got all the kids toys out underneath the stairs instead of clogging up the sitting room.

I have a 3 piece leather suite in my front yard... praying someone takes it tonight :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mylina wrote: »
    I have a 3 piece leather suite in my front yard... praying someone takes it tonight :D:D

Fingers crossed!

Estoric, what writing are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

This is beer-drinking weather. Got a crate of Miller for tonight and gonna order pizza, watch movies with a mate. Screw study! :D

Fingers crossed!

Estoric, what writing are you getting?

Sorry about the delay, was being tattooed and had to sit at an awkward angle. :pac: I got a quote from James Dean: 'Dream as if you'll live forever'

I'll throw a pic up later. Hurt a bit more than usual because I got it done on my lower calf and my calves have absolutely no fat on them, they're ridiculously toned, and he was tattooing quite deep to make sure he did it well.

Have to say, I was impressed with how professional the guy was. Very happy with it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Where did you go Lyn?

Tattoo Energy, they had space and I read an old comment by Hellrazer on the forum saying they were clean and professional. Aside from that, they did some really gorgeous work on my friend a few weeks back so I figured they couldn't fcuk up some script. :pac:

Honestly, considering they're not very well known, I wasn't expecting the level of professionalism I received. More professional than a couple of places I've been to tbh. Very happy with the result and placement and he made suggestions for how to make it look better than the way I originally wanted it placed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Sounds cool I'll give them a look.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement