Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

^^ I FECKING LOVE THAT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Mylina wrote: »
    tumblr_ln32437eIs1qcsl7go1_400.jpg

I want a tshirt with that on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Bouncers were reluctant to throw out a fella tonight after he hit my friend. Why? Because he denied it. Of course he denied it! He is hardly going to say 'Yes I am a scumbag who hit a girl who was trying to defend herself after I grabbed her ass.' And nowafter having to stand in front of the lad trying to convince the bouncers she was telling the truth my friend is terrified she'll meet him out again and have the **** kicked out of her. Can't believe how badly it was handled...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Also if he is a regular they won't kick him out as he probably brings his mates with him so its business
    Bouncers are all crooked as fcuk
    Drug dealing scrotes the lot of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Woke up early, watched some tv, showered, plucked my eyebrows, cried at the pain of that because I usually get them waxed or threaded, my dad is currently making breakfast for me and has brought me in a coffee, and I'm going to my gran's for dinner, and possibly cinema later.

This is a savage day so far. If only I wasn't working every feckin' day next week. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If anyone has a spare brain and liver they could loan me it would be much appreciated :) I think I've broke mine, two solid days on the drink and I've bbq in a few hours and more drink, bring on the meat sweats :).

If anyone has a spare brain and liver they could loan me it would be much appreciated :) I think I've broke mine, two solid days on the drink and I've bbq in a few hours and more drink, bring on the meat sweats :).

Good luck to you in work tomorrow.

I'm on a morning shift tomorrow, so stopping yourself from texting me at feckin' 5.45am would be helpful if you're sober enough to remember that later. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

And nowafter having to stand in front of the lad trying to convince the bouncers she was telling the truth my friend is terrified she'll meet him out again and have the **** kicked out of her. Can't believe how badly it was handled...

Something similiar happened here while ago to someone and the bouncer brought them round the back to check cameras. Immediately thrown out and charges pushed forward. I know from experience that Galway bouncers are incredibly ignorant for some reason.

Contact the manager of the pub and explain what happened again. You'd be surprised how differant they'll act during the day.

Most bouncers I've come across have been completely sound, but there's always one that can sour the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Also if he is a regular they won't kick him out as he probably brings his mates with him so its business
    Bouncers are all crooked as fcuk
    Drug dealing scrotes the lot of them

That's simply not true, I've came across some lovely bouncers. In fact, I seem to have a knack of befriending security.

I remember once (in Workman's :p ) I fainted from the heat, and one bouncer helped me out and brought me out to the front, gave me a pint of water and offered to help me retrieve my coat from the cloak room. One of the other bouncers chimed in "he's here all the time and never like this" and once I felt better, I wandered back in and collected my stuff myself. Was proper impressed at how nice they were about it.
    :D

lol, the Workman's.

I did read the rest of your post, but that was my only reaction. :pac: :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is it that bad?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Angron wrote: »
    Is it that bad?

Hipster central, overpriced drink, crap music, shítty toilets and various other things that irritate me about a pub :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Some of that stuff is why I don't like the Roisin Dubh in Galway. First time I went up my friends told me about how it was a great rock bar, at the end of the night I asked them did they know what rock was :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    Is it that bad?

Yes, I hate the place its looks like a crack den that someone threw a bar into, takes half an hour to get a drink along with everything else P1 said. Every time I've ended up there I've gone home early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I was actually in Workman's on Friday night for the first time ever, Jaysus. So many hipsters. Actually couldn't believe it :p Pints were like €5, but I just assumed that's more or less the going rate in Dublin for places that don't advertise cheap drink.

P_1 wrote: »
    Hipster central, overpriced drink, crap music, shítty toilets and various other things that irritate me about a pub :pac:

This is complete rubbish. 4eu cocktails, 3.50eu pints. Great music (which is a matter of taste and not grounds to bash a venue) and the crowd has changed a lot over the past year. Cool building, which has been recently rennovated to add him more bathrooms, etc.

Favourite club :D

Have to say, 'crack den someone threw a bar into' is a pretty feckin' apt description of the place. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

That's simply not true, I've came across some lovely bouncers. In fact, I seem to have a knack of befriending security.

I remember once (in Workman's :p ) I fainted from the heat, and one bouncer helped me out and brought me out to the front, gave me a pint of water and offered to help me retrieve my coat from the cloak room. One of the other bouncers chimed in "he's here all the time and never like this" and once I felt better, I wandered back in and collected my stuff myself. Was proper impressed at how nice they were about it.
    :D

Worked on the door a couple of times
    Trust me I know
    Once the doors are closed and locked down they are worse
    Some are sound
    My mate does the door in workmans and he is sound but the lads you see that are juiced up to the eyeballs are all crooked

This is complete rubbish. 4eu cocktails, 3.50eu pints. Great music (which is a matter of taste and not grounds to bash a venue) and the crowd has changed a lot over the past year. Cool building, which has been recently rennovated to add him more bathrooms, etc.

Favourite club :D

When in the name of god do they charge 3.50 a pint? I've been charged minimum of a fiver any time I've been there (not that I've been there much 'cause it's a dump).

The crowd has changed from scumbags to hipsters. Not a massive improvement.

Bathrooms are filthy. Don't care how many there are if they can't be kept relatively clean (of course, you're male so I'm assuming you don't use the women's toilets).

First time I went there, I was told my ID wasn't me. :rolleyes: The only difference in my picture to how I look now is that my face isn't fat anymore. Took a good few minutes of arguing to prove that I was indeed 23 (at the time) and that my ID was me. The way I had to prove it in the end was by pulling out my social services card because that had my name on it also.

Seriously hate the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I wouldn't call it a 'club' but it was okay like, I'd go there again for drinks before going out whatever night pints are €3.50 like RhoDoDenDron says. Doesn't seem like a place you'd go out for the sake of going to, just for before.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    When in the name of god do they charge 3.50 a pint? I've been charged minimum of a fiver any time I've been there (not that I've been there much 'cause it's a dump).

The crowd has changed from scumbags to hipsters. Not a massive improvement.

Bathrooms are filthy. Don't care how many there are if they can't be kept relatively clean (of course, you're male so I'm assuming you don't use the women's toilets).

First time I went there, I was told my ID wasn't me. :rolleyes: The only difference in my picture to how I look now is that my face isn't fat anymore. Took a good few minutes of arguing to prove that I was indeed 23 (at the time) and that my ID was me. The way I had to prove it in the end was by pulling out my social services card because that had my name on it also.

Seriously hate the place.

Wednesdays, the only night really worth going to Workman's.

Also, I'm going to stop this here because this discussion is going downhill. While you may not like the venue, people on here stating that the music is crap and the place is full of hipsters is pretty insulting to the likes of me - who is a massive fan of the music and does not look out of place.

Having said that, if I was mistaken in thinking that the T&P forum was a relatively open-minded place, it might be worth warning people that if you listen to a certain type of music or dress a certain way then you'll be slandered.

Sorry to kill the mood and that's not directed at anyone in particular (just an open statement) but this is pretty offensive. Just sayin. I personally can't stand the people in Club Hell or the music, but I don't bash it because I know it's just not my scene.

The Whiskey Bar that seems to be part of it does look interesting though, just can't stand the main part of it though

Also, I'm going to stop this here because this discussion is going downhill. While you may not like the venue, people on here stating that the music is crap and the place is full of hipsters is pretty insulting to the likes of me - who is a massive fan of the music and does not look out of place.

Having said that, if I was mistaken in thinking that the T&P forum was a relatively open-minded place, it might be worth warning people that if you listen to a certain type of music or dress a certain way then you'll be slandered.

Sorry to kill the mood and that's not directed at anyone in particular (just an open statement) but this is pretty offensive. Just sayin. I personally can't stand the people in Club Hell or the music, but I don't bash it because I know it's just not my scene.

Are you really insinuating that the T+P forum as a whole will slander you if you listen to a certain type of music (by the way, slander is completely the wrong word, nobody has slandered anybody)?

We've never told you not to insult club hell. It's a fcuking dive and most of us know that.

If we don't like a bar, why shouldn't we say that we don't like it and state our reasons for it? Nobody has leveled a personal insult at you and I highly doubt anybody would.

People don't like a venue, big deal. I don't see why you'd take it so personally.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Are you really insinuating that the T+P forum as a whole will slander you if you listen to a certain type of music (by the way, slander is completely the wrong word, nobody has slandered anybody)?

We've never told you not to insult club hell. It's a fcuking dive and most of us know that.

If we don't like a bar, why shouldn't we say that we don't like it and state our reasons for it? Nobody has leveled a personal insult at you and I highly doubt anybody would.

People don't like a venue, big deal. I don't see why you'd take it so personally.

I'm not going to engage in an argument over this. I think it's pretty insulting that some people have such issue with the music and the clientèle. Insult a bar all you like but when you insult a group of people, that's when you start throwing nets that people (like myself) get caught in.

And anyway, I had hoped my expressing discomfort with the conversation would be enough, but by all means say what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If you want people to respect your right to like the place, you should respect their right to dislike it. No one was ever slandered. No one said there's something wrong with YOU for liking the place, people just said what they don't like about it.

I'm not going to engage in an argument over this. I think it's pretty insulting that some people have such issue with the music and the clientèle. Insult a bar all you like but when you insult a group of people, that's when you start throwing nets that people (like myself) get caught in.

And anyway, I had hoped my expressing discomfort with the conversation would be enough, but by all means say what you will.

In fairness now I don't think that was anyone's intention.

Personally I don't like electro/indie music which was generally the playlist in the Workmans whenever I was there and I found a lot of the people who were there also annoyed me. As a result I now avoid the place.

People not liking a particular club doesn't extend to people insulting a wide net of people.

Welcome to boards ;), we all have different tastes and interests in here some like wrestling, some like football ,some like games,, some like cars, have different tastes in music etc and everyone on boards will express there opinion we don't always agree but its never personal relax a bit ;), I can tell you were I like to drink and if everyone thinks it full of snobs, scum, a dive I couldn't care less I like it and everyone is different, thats kind of the beauty of boards:).

If you weren't comfortable with the conversation, rather than engaging in it, you could have stopped posting.

Simply put - nobody is insulting you. We're slagging off the patrons as a whole, using a stereotype. Stereotypes don't fit everybody.

If you say 'Only ugly goth sluts go to Hell,' I'm hardly going to think 'omfg he's calling me an ugly goth slut.' I'm going to laugh it off, or agree if I feel the stereotype is correct.

Being blunt - someone doesn't like the same music as you and doesn't like the same pub as you. None of that is a personal insult, whereas you implying that everybody in this forum will slate you for liking particular music genres is insulting to every member of this forum, because you haven't used a stereotype, you've just made it clear that you don't think this forum is very welcoming.

It's not about music or how you look, ffs. I don't dress like a goth or a rocker, I haven't got a single piercing, and I don't fit any 'rocker' stereotype.

I listen to metal, punk, classic rock and ska. On the other hand, I also listen to trance, electronic, pop, RnB, hip-hop, country, classical, opera and Irish Trad music.

Marty, for example, slagged me to hell over a band I told him to download. He also regularly acts shocked if I stick on a song on his iPod by say, Deadmau5. Why would I take insult to that?

People have different tastes, different opinions and different ideas of what they think is fun/cool or not. Nobody has personally insulted you and I'm sure nobody wants you feeling uncomfortable at all, but I have to address the fact that you seem to feel we're insulting you personally.

• Advertisement

Welcome to boards ;), we all have different tastes and interests in here some like wrestling, some like football ,some like games,, some like cars, have different tastes in music etc and everyone on boards will express there opinion we don't always agree but its never personal relax a bit ;), I can tell you were I like to drink and if everyone thinks it full of snobs, scum, a dive I couldn't care less I like it and everyone is different, thats kind of the beauty of boards:).

Full of snobs and scum? Your 'local' doesn't happen to be the Bank on Dame Street by any chance? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement