Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

C'mon, it's pretty insulting to mistake someone for something they're not, and it saves space to allow more groups to be ridiculed in the long run!

Heh, next thing you know, people will be mistaking indie kids for hipsters! Oh, wait... :O

Hang on we're meant to take the piss out of indie kids now aswell? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Out of curiosity, what's the deal with being able to view signatures and avatars? I can only see them if I'm logged out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Out of curiosity, what's the deal with being able to view signatures and avatars? I can only see them if I'm logged out :P

I think there's something you have to mess about with in your CP to show them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Control panel -> edit options -> thread options.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Control panel -> edit options -> thread options.

Yes, that did the trick perfectly! Thank you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I would marry David Tennant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I really shouldn't be allowed to drink
    So tired today an went to my mates gaf fell sleep after 3 litre bottles
    Woke up bout 1 and drank again only home now
    Doubt herself will be happy about that but she asleep il find out in the morning
    Not looking forward to that :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Only home and strangely for once im not pissed instead im hanging and shattered for once no matter how much I drank I couldn't over power the hangover, think im overtired now dreading work in 12 and half hours not able for three day benders anymore and im afraid to check the bank balance but im pretty sure it wont be a pretty sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Generic group of people bashing is bad mkay?
    Particularly if you ever want to keep a straight face while giving out about those that discriminate against those that are tattooed/pierced.

I find those one to be a good, and valid one that doesn't discriminate :

People are arseholes!

• Advertisement

Generic
    group of people bashing is bad mkay?
    Particularly if you ever want to keep a straight face while giving out about those that discriminate against those that are tattooed/pierced.

I find those one to be a good, and valid one that doesn't discriminate :

People are arseholes!

Good thing I don't care about being discriminated against for my tattoos. ;)

Just kidding! How are you this morning? You're up early for a bank holiday!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Good thing I don't care about being discriminated against for my tattoos. ;)

Just kidding! How are you this morning? You're up early for a bank holiday!

Think we`re all up early for a bank holiday.Ive just spent an hour and a half working on my pumpkin (pic just added to the picture thread)

I hate that about bank holidays.On a normal Monday you couldn't drag me out of bed.Bank holiday comes around and Im up at 7.00.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Think we`re
    all up early for a bank holiday.Ive just spent an hour and a half
    working on my pumpkin (pic just added to the picture thread)

I hate that about bank holidays.On a normal Monday you couldn't drag me
    out of bed.Bank holiday comes around and Im up at 7.00.

Yeah, I thanked it, it's looking good! :)

I had to be up at about 8 for work, but Marty texted me just before six, and I couldn't get back to sleep so just texted him til he fell asleep. Won't be home til 10pm because I have bootcamp after work, so I'm going to be exhausted tonight. Brought my laptop to work to use if I can find a blind spot from the cctv so I don't get in trouble. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

I'm wired to he moon on tiredness. Getting out of bed? I don't think so!

And now my bus has decided not to show up... This day is going so wrong already that all I can do is laugh. :pac:

Lyn it's a Sunday bus schedule on bank holidays, could explain the bus not showing up!

Was up early to leave the lady in to work. I'd promised to, as I'd dragged her up north to celebrate my granny's birthday with me.
    Went back to bed after getting home! :pac:

Hellrazer how do you find it working on yourself? I can't imagine it being easy, concentrating on the piece in spite of the pain, though I found the thigh my least painful so far!

Ah yeah, I checked the real time timetable and three were due in the time I was there, but never showed, so I just walked and started work at eleven instead of ten. Gonna close early too. :)

Awh, that's kind of you, bet she was delighted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Randomly emailed a vegan Spanish/Hispanic influenced restaurant chain with two branches in Spain and one in England earlier today as a last ditch attempt to find something to do this summer besides arse around Galway. Only expected to be told they had no openings and though it would take them absolutely ages to get back.

Got a reply just now from the York branch thanking me for my email and writing it in both languages (which hopefully means my written Spanish wasn't as full of mistakes as I thought) and saying they've forwarded my info to the Spanish ones to see what they so and that they'll get in touch with me soon. They also said to 'nag' them if they don't reply within a week.

Considering how unlucky I've been of late I'm really excited to have gotten that sort of response. Even if nothing comes of it it shows I must be attractive in some way shape or form to these people.

I hate TRX classes. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yeah, it's always nice to know that your efforts are appreciated and acknowledged. Are you a chef of some sort, KB?

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    Yeah, it's always nice to know that your efforts are appreciated and acknowledged. Are you a chef of some sort, KB?

I'm studying Hotel and Catering management but don't particular want to go into the management side of things. However since becoming vegetarian and then vegan I've discovered a passion for food and cookery. I also speak Spanish and after six months in Lanzarote I want to visit much more of Spain and maybe relocate there. If I end up working in this restaurant I'll probably be a waitress since that's what I have the most experience in but I'd still be really excited and interested to be a part of it in any way. Especially since Spanish cuisine is normally very meat centred. I'm a babbling now, can never give a simple answer to a simple question. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I hate TRX classes. That is all.

I looooveeee TRX. Curse it while I'm doing it though.

Tbh I enjoy the class, I'm just moody because during one exercise tonight, the straps had to to tightly under my triceps and it's bruised me quite badly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I'm studying Hotel and Catering management but don't particular want to go into the management side of things. However since becoming vegetarian and then vegan I've discovered a passion for food and cookery. I also speak Spanish and after six months in Lanzarote I want to visit much more of Spain and maybe relocate there. If I end up working in this restaurant I'll probably be a waitress since that's what I have the most experience in but I'd still be really excited and interested to be a part of it in any way. Especially since Spanish cuisine is normally very meat centred. I'm a babbling now, can never give a simple answer to a simple question. :rolleyes:

Ah very good. While I can appreciate the benefits of a vegan diet do you ever feel that vegan-ism limits your potential to be a chef by removing such a massive part of the menu?

I miss TRX :(

I miss TRX :(

You not able to do it anymore, or just too busy?

My trainer's do men's TRX classes in mornings and evenings if you ever feel like getting back into it. There's a TRX studio out in Fairview, too. :)

Passenger wrote: »
    Ah very good. While I can appreciate the benefits of a vegan diet do you ever feel that vegan-ism limits your potential to be a chef by removing such a massive part of the menu?

I don't know if I'll be a chef, I'll still very much a novice. I would like to show people how good vegan food can be and that you don't need to have meat on your plate to have a tasty meal (not saying I object to those who do since I have no right to but we do consume way too much meat) whether that will be through cooking or some other means I do not know. Still figuring out. I do think though that if I were to become a chef then my job prospects would be very limited It's not even a case of not wanting to cook meat, I don't know how to. I only ever cooked rarely before going vegan (still living at home) and what I did cook was very basic and not completely from scratch. Still vegetarianism and veganism are on the rise and in America there's even some vegan culinary schools now so who knows what oculd happen. Like I said I don't know if I would become a chef but I would like to in some way be involved in vegan catering/food production. I've got other career ideas though so still figuring it all out.

I don't know if I'll be a chef, I'll still very much a novice. I would like to show people how good vegan food can be and that you don't need to have meat on your plate to have a tasty meal (not saying I object to those who do since I have no right to but we do consume way too much meat) whether that will be through cooking or some other means I do not know. Still figuring out. I do think though that if I were to become a chef then my job prospects would be very limited It's not even a case of not wanting to cook meat, I don't know how to. I only ever cooked rarely before going vegan (still living at home) and what I did cook was very basic and not completely from scratch. Still vegetarianism and veganism are on the rise and in America there's even some vegan culinary schools now so who knows what oculd happen. Like I said I don't know if I would become a chef but I would like to in some way be involved in vegan catering/food production. I've got other career ideas though so still figuring it all out.

If it helps any, I live in a student house where the main cook is a vegetarian who's not a fan of dairy, so most of our meals are vegan anyways. None of us have issue with the stricter diet, and we've had some great meals as a result! Also, she will occasionally cook meat on the side so we can add it in to our meals if we like, while still allowing a potential vegan meal. Meat in itself isn't that hard to cook, and you can use a lot of the same herbs you would to season a vegan meal, so it's not like you're a deaf composer (although I believe that could work out pretty well too) :p

Realised the other day I've grown about five inches since January. At this rate I'll end up at six foot...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Six foot is a nice area to be :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement