Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Angron wrote: »
    Six foot is a nice area to be :D

No it's not! I think the perfect height is about 5'9" :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well if anything I wish I was a bit taller :P

Don't you dare! You'll just make short people like me feel bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I like being tall but I'd rather not get much taller. Especially since people seem to have this stupid idea woman shouldn't be taller than men and I'm currently the same height as most.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Don't worry, I think I'm past the point where I'll get any taller :pac:
    I like being tall but I'd rather not get much taller. Especially since people seem to have this stupid idea woman shouldn't be taller than men and I'm currently the same height as most.

Eh, doesn't matter to me much one way or the other, though I have been a good bit taller than anyone I've gone out with. More circumstantial than really looking for people shorter than me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Don't worry, I think I'm past the point where I'll get any taller :pac:

Ye just need bigger New Rocks :pac:

urgh sleeping pattern is all fooked up on me again

P_1 wrote: »
    Ye just need bigger New Rocks :pac:

urgh sleeping pattern is all fooked up on me again

I know the feeling. I've been going to sleep when the birds start singing the last few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Realised the other day I've grown about five inches since January. At this rate I'll end up at six foot...

That's quite a significant growth spurt in a few months.

I stopped growing at quite a young age, at one stage the mother thought I was going to be rigorously tall, I towered over most at school but luckily once I hit about 14 I was done at 6ft and size 12 feet then people just caught up with me over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

That's quite a significant growth spurt in a few months.

I stopped growing at quite a young age, at one stage the mother thought I was going to be rigorously tall, I towered over most at school but luckily once I hit about 14 I was done at 6ft and size 12 feet then people just caught up with me over the years.

Yeah especially since I grew a good bit when I was in Lanzarote. I didn't have a growth spurt till I was about sixteen but I thought I was done...obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm just under 5'6", ya shower of lanky langers! :( :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm 5'2", I have such short legs...

Home come you can't do TRX anymore DamoElDiablo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Tbh I enjoy the class, I'm just moody because during one exercise tonight, the straps had to to tightly under my triceps and it's bruised me quite badly. :(

I haven't got that fair yet :eek: Only at it 3 weeks and had to take the night off on Thursday because my foot was too sore! Thankfully it's a lot better now, so back at it tonight... boxing class first and then TRX straight after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ye shower of tall gits.

I stopped growing at 14, when I hit around 5'5 with size 7 feet. By the time I was 17, I was 5'1 or so, with size 5 and a half feet.

Was in hospital one day getting a chest x ray and the doctor was like 'you're quite short aren't you?' I said yes, she asked had I been taller before, I said that I was around 5'5 a few years back, and she said my heart is 'globular' and apparently that's why I shrank. All it means is my heart is bigger and more round than other peoples'. No medical issues with it apparently.

So yeah, I'm a short arse. I love being short. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ye shower of tall gits.

So yeah, I'm a short arse. I love being short. :D

Least there's loads of people for ya to look up to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Well if anything I wish I was a bit taller :P

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

I wouldn’t panic too much about it; I’m 5’10’ and most guys I’ve dated have been around my height so I'd have been taller in heels. Never really made a difference. I do tend to go for well-built guys though and I'd be more inclined to date someone a little shorter than me than someone skinnier than me. On a side note, it’s amazing the number of guys who try to convince me that I must be wrong about my height because they’re sure they’re 6foot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

afternoon folks. i am bored. entertain me! in class, but since half the class is doing exams and i have done mine there is nothing doing :( was chatting to my tat artist earlier and hopefully be getting my tat this week :) got my ears up to 4mm on Thurs last

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hellrazer how do you find it working on yourself? I can't imagine it being easy, concentrating on the piece in spite of the pain, though I found the thigh my least painful so far!

Its a pain excuse the pun. Your head is saying stop but you`re doing your best to keep going.

The other thing I find is that I tend to go a bit easier on myself than I should.I dont go as deep as I should and need to touch up more when it heals.

hdowney wrote: »
    afternoon folks. i am bored. entertain me! in class, but since half the class is doing exams and i have done mine there is nothing doing :( was chatting to my tat artist earlier and hopefully be getting my tat this week :) got my ears up to 4mm on Thurs last

Make sure you go nice and slow with those ears! :P

I started mine at 16 so I made a bit of a mess of them going as far as 10, even had a blow-out on one side and had to retire the piercing. I'm lucky I have no major damage, as my ears are in quite good nick now. I left them to sit at 10mm for over a year, then started up again a few months ago. Got them up to 18mm this week, and they're looking better than ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Make sure you go nice and slow with those ears! :P

I started mine at 16 so I made a bit of a mess of them going as far as 10, even had a blow-out on one side and had to retire the piercing. I'm lucky I have no major damage, as my ears are in quite good nick now. I left them to sit at 10mm for over a year, then started up again a few months ago. Got them up to 18mm this week, and they're looking better than ever :D

Oh believe me I am going slow! My piercer is in Dublin and me in Wicklow and I don't get in v often. It was 6mths since my last stretch!!! :( But yea keeping watch so as not to damage the ears at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

first day back in work after the long weekend....... my head is not in the game at all today haha

This is a great video. First of all, he's got some of the most interesting tattoos I've ever seen. His entire right arm is covered in quotes from the book 1984, in the form of Russian propaganda slogans, for example. His piercings are almost all high-class gold jewellery, which is just fun.

Most of all, he gives a great little speech at the end about body mods, and people's entitlement to do it. He talks about how makeup and fake tan and breast implants are just as valid as modifications as his tattoos or piercings. If you don't like something, change it, and apply that to all walks of life.

What a great guy. You may be able to tell that I'm a fan :D

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its a pain excuse the pun. Your head is saying stop but you`re doing your best to keep going.

The other thing I find is that I tend to go a bit easier on myself than I should.I dont go as deep as I should and need to touch up more when it heals.

*insert bawdy joke about touching yourself up too often*

:pac:

Seriously though, fair play! :) I can see the improvement in it from the earliest ones you'd posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Just booked myself in for my next tattoos next Fri :) Paid in total today so its all going ahead, getting both my feet covered. Excited! :D

Just booked myself in for my next tattoos next Fri :) Paid in total today so its all going ahead, getting both my feet covered. Excited! :D

Hey stranger! :D

Awesome news! What you getting done/who's doing it?

As damo said who and what :)

Also ouch I'd imagine feet is one of the worst it's one place I could never get done I'm far to ticklish on my feet I'd never be able to sit still, the artist would just end up getting a face full of foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

As damo said who and what :)

Also ouch I'd imagine feet is one of the worst it's one place I could never get done I'm far to ticklish on my feet I'd never be able to sit still, the artist would just end up getting a face full of foot.

Sharp needles are so tickley! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

I know there's a fair few metal fans around these parts so if it has been posted before apologies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/03/slayer-vs-wesboro-baptist-church_n_3209888.html

Personally, I would love to see them try.

I've got my scarification booked in for Tuesday. I popped into Zulu and caught Patric (piercer who's performing it) and Séan (piercer at Connected who's done a lot of my work) having a smoke out the door, so they both came in and had a look at the design, and Patric seemed really enthusiastic about doing it.

To cut costs, I'm doing all the drawing part myself. The design itself in finished, it just needs to be re-drawn with better proportions. Then, I'm going to go over it with black pen and scan in onto my computer, and edit it to remove any extra lines and just generally clean it up. Tuesday, I'll be going in to the studio in the evening when he's less busy and can take his time on the piece, and I'l have a friend of mine photograph the entire procedure. It's getting close now but I'm too busy with exams and other things to be nervous :D

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    Sharp needles are so tickley! :p

Haha smartarse, you underestimate how ticklish they are plus I'm not worried about the sharp needles more so the artists hands ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement