Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

hdowney - TRX is fantastic! It's a suspension trainer, basically ropes hanging from a door frame or ceiling and you can do loads of different exercises with it. The class I go to is called TRX Fat Blast and it incorporates TRX, kettlebells, spinning, boxing and floor work (sit ups, press ups, mountain climbers)... we were outside the gym on the path last night boxing!

I do the two TRX classes a week (this is my 4th week of TRX) and two box fit classes too. I haven't started dieting yet but since Christmas I'm down a stone and everyone has commented on my shape changing.

The first time I went to TRX, I actually felt like I was going to puke half way through but it was great.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

TRX sounds awesome. Love doing stuff like that. The bootcamp I go to now is more cardio based, and I wouldn't be the biggest fan of running around in circles for 40mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Trx really is fantastic, extremely tough if you don't have great upper body strength though!

Was talking to my trainers about the feeling sick thing, because I generally feel sick in classes. They said that usually it means you're pushing your body to its limits, so your stomach muscles tense like crazy. it's a good thing apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hey guys I've been asked to design a hell run for work for 10 days time. Now i have the course pretty much laid out now its just putting stuff in. I know some of ye do hell runs so i thought id ask. What things do you enjoy in hell runs and what things do you just think are pointless??

Damo and hellrazer i hope this is ok as I havent mentioned where im working and im not advertising

Marty would be the best person to ask, he did Hell and Back in January.

From what I've seen of the hell and back course (I'm hopefully doing it in June :D ), pretty much every obstacle has a point, because they all test different parts of your body.

Things like running through muck or water could be good, because they test your legs and your core muscles.

Anything involving climbing or lifting are good because they test your arms. I'd be careful about heights with climbing obstacles, though. While a 7-8ft wall might be fine for a 6ft man to climb, it could be a lot more difficult for a 5ft woman to do without help.

The one part that Hell and Back do that I'd leave out is going through muck under barbed wire. The reason for that is insurance, if people get injured doing it (as is what happened in Hell and Back), you don't want threats of being sued!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Marty would be the best person to ask, he did Hell and Back in January.

From what I've seen of the hell and back course (I'm hopefully doing it in June :D ), pretty much every obstacle has a point, because they all test different parts of your body.

Things like running through muck or water could be good, because they test your legs and your core muscles.

Anything involving climbing or lifting are good because they test your arms. I'd be careful about heights with climbing obstacles, though. While a 7-8ft wall might be fine for a 6ft man to climb, it could be a lot more difficult for a 5ft woman to do without help.

The one part that Hell and Back do that I'd leave out is going through muck under barbed wire. The reason for that is insurance, if people get injured doing it (as is what happened in Hell and Back), you don't want threats of being sued!

what did i miss, what happened in hell and back with the barbed wire? also I thought the next h&b wasn't til october

ah some bloke cut his finger on the wire and was threatening legal action on the Facebook page.

Nah, there's two in June, Marty is signed up for one and so am I with my dad and sister.

mother of mercy some people!!

yea i just went on their page and copped the june ones. i think i'll hold out til the nov one

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ohhh I'd love to do hell and back

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ohhh I'd love to do hell and back

do the november one with meeee :)

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    do the november one with meeee :)

Possibly!

Are you training?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Possibly!

Are you training?

I have started yes :) I am still a massively fat cow, but by november I hope to be significantly less fat and much fitter in myself. :)

Don't insult yourself like that ffs!

Think the June ones are all booked up anyway. I might do the November one too if I'm back from my hols by then. :)

where ya going?

they added an extra date on the sunday in june, but i think it's too close for me. i'd die. i am so unfit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It's mad the way the sexes are

You girls are doing a great job on losing the weight fair play to yas

And myself is trying to gain more muscle so becoming bigger
    Protein shakes and 5 meals a day
    Hour workout on back one day and biceps the next stomach after that and legs after that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...Damo and hellrazer i hope this is ok as I havent mentioned where im working and im not advertising

No probs mate, work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hey guys I've been asked to design a hell run for work for 10 days time. Now i have the course pretty much laid out now its just putting stuff in. I know some of ye do hell runs so i thought id ask. What things do you enjoy in hell runs and what things do you just think are pointless??

Damo and hellrazer i hope this is ok as I havent mentioned where im working and im not advertising

As Eso said every obstacle has a reason, in Hell & Back within fifty feet you were waist deep in water which was a great idea because it straight away knocks everyone out there comfort zone with a shock to the system. Plenty of water obstacles the cold each time really shocks the system plus it helps for getting heavy mud of the body.

Eso said high walls for shorter people might be to much but in my opinion they were great craic yeh some people couldn't climb them but it did encourage team work and help with the general banter, climbing through tyres, walking through tyres were good. Hurdles in the forrm of bales of hay were good just randomly dotted around the place.

If possible plenty of uphill climbs and downhill running aswell, the running uphill under a net was good, then run back down pick up a sandbag back up the hill and down with it and soon yeh hit the bottom run with a cavity block was a hard but good part I liked. The brain freeze was also a good one which was skips full of water with planks of wood in them basically forcing you to dunk your head in it.

Bascically challenge people as much they you can do.

On the barbwire crawl and people complaining about injuries you can't do something of this nature and whinge if you get an injury to be honest. Most peoples complaints from the week I done it was about the length of the barb wire part its was over 100m long and absolute torture, the following week the shortened it and seemed to be a lot less people complaining about it.

Hope that helps :),bring on the one in June:).
    It's mad the way the sexes are

You girls are doing a great job on losing the weight fair play to yas

And myself is trying to gain more muscle so becoming bigger
    Protein shakes and 5 meals a day
    Hour workout on back one day and biceps the next stomach after that and legs after that

I'm in the same boat yourself eating like a lunatic gym four times a week and a run once a week, meeting a personal trainer who does his best to kill me but am seeing results so worth it. :).

How about we swap, lads? You all go on my diet, I'll go on yours. See how ye cope with so few calories. :pac:

How about we swap, lads? You all go on my diet, I'll go on yours. See how ye cope with so few calories. :pac:

Nah I quite like my 4000 calories a day thanks.

Fat basterd :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I could probably manage, I eat the Scottish Football Association as things stand :pac:

Fat basterd :p

And loving it ;).

Yeah I think il stick to this myself
    Gone from 94kgs to 97 kgs since yesterday
    Starting to not believe the scales lately

Yeah I think il stick to this myself
    Gone from 94kgs to 97 kgs since yesterday
    Starting to not believe the scales lately

Ah I've been told to ignore the scales really on the most part and just eat right and train right and physically will see changes at max weigh myself once a week early in the morning to get a better idea, you weight will constantly fluctuate depending on time of day food intake water retention etc.

I'm jealous of you all. I've had 500 cals today, half of which was made up by a can of monster cause I was wrecked. :( But I have my favourite bootcamp class tonight, yay. :)

I'm jealous of you all. I've had 500 cals today, half of which was made up by a can of monster cause I was wrecked. :( But I have my favourite bootcamp class tonight, yay. :)

So far I've had none only awake on night shifts but am about to go down and have four boiled eggs, two rashers, two slices of wholegrain bread and some orange juice which alone will dwarf your 500 cals in my first meal of the day :),

I eat about 500 cals for breakfast alone and I've shed 3 stone since January

I'm stuffing another turkey leg in me now
    Dunnes are doing a great deal on them at the moment 8 legs for 5 quid
    So this is part of me protein today and probably more tomoro

So far I've
    had none only awake on night shifts but am about to go down and have
    four boiled eggs, two rashers, two slices of wholegrain bread and some
    orange juice which alone will dwarf your 500 cals in my first meal of
    the day :),

I'd puke if I ate that much. :pac:

I usually have 300 cals for breakfast, 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hey hey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement