Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo of a pug in a top hat with a monocule at some stage, complete with a banner saying "Pug Life".
    I feckin' love Pugs. Shame that the current dog in the house doesn't play well with others or I'd be the proud mother of a fur baby. :(
    I want a pug. And two hairless cats named Smeagol and Mr. Hiddlesworth.
    Speaking of hairless cats, I found a picture on Google Images of a SPhynx cat getting tattooed under anaesthetic. I'm all for practicing your art work provided it doesn't harm anyone or anything but sweet Jesus, this is just CRUEL!
    Story here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo of a pug in a top hat with a monocule at some stage, complete with a banner saying "Pug Life".
    I feckin' love Pugs. Shame that the current dog in the house doesn't play well with others or I'd be the proud mother of a fur baby. :(
    Speaking of hairless cats, I found a picture on Google Images of a SPhynx cat getting tattooed under anaesthetic. I'm all for practicing your art work provided it doesn't harm anyone or anything but sweet Jesus, this is just CRUEL!
    Story here.

Ah now you've put the idea of sourcing a top hat for the dog into my head :pac:

Bloodly hell that link has annoyed me though, what an asshat of an owner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Il be gettin a tattoo in bout 3 weeks or so but another one is to follow maybe week or so later
    Gettin glen quagmire tattooed on me leg
    Gigity gigity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah now you've put the idea of sourcing a top hat for the dog into my head :pac:
    I WANT!!
    Tophatpug.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't diet... :\ I do have to start though, I keep saying it... but never do.

Bloody skip still hasn't been collected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

McChubbin wrote: »
    Story here.

I'm tempted to get something called a Chapmander.

gentlemon_charms_by_pluffers-d3fmavm.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Angron wrote: »
    I'm tempted to get something called a Chapmander.

gentlemon_charms_by_pluffers-d3fmavm.png

LOOK AT PIKACHU!! Jesus, that's too cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Booked in for a few hours this month and finally gonna get those ducks I started almost a year ago finished next month as well. Employment, sure it's great craic really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Booked in for a few hours this month and finally gonna get those ducks I started almost a year ago finished next month as well. Employment, sure it's great craic really.

tumblr_m1u5p7YPwY1qg6z0o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Loooooooooooooved my bootcamp class tonight. It was all abs and cardio. Shattered after it and have loads to do before work tomorrow, but I had great craic doing it. :)

Time to make dinner and then shower and bed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What else yeh getting done besides finishing the ducks?

Im just home from a run, it was going well 5k less then half an hour then boom stitch I knew I had eaten my dinner to late.

Did you just stop at the 5k mark, or continue on anyway?

Next time you get a stitch, stop and take really deep breaths, it gets rid of it faster. I always get a stitch about halfway through my classes, so I just push through til we get a 30 second breather, and breathe really slowly for the 30 seconds til it goes away. :)

Showered (and I smell like sweets because my shower gel smells amazing), had a lovely, healthy dinner, lunch made for work tomorrow. Time to relax for an hour before bed and then wake up crying with the pain in my abdomen tomorrow morning from class tonight. :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »

Next time you get a stitch, stop and take really deep breaths, it gets rid of it faster. I always get a stitch about halfway through my classes, so I just push through til we get a 30 second breather, and breathe really slowly for the 30 seconds til it goes away. :)

Showered (and I smell like sweets because my shower gel smells amazing), had a lovely, healthy dinner, lunch made for work tomorrow. Time to relax for an hour before bed and then wake up crying with the pain in my abdomen tomorrow morning from class tonight. :pac:

Ah I just stopped was only planning on doing 6k and it was worse than your average stitch I can normally run through them but my stomach was at me the whole way through the 5k, just ate to close to going for a run my own fault.

All we have to remember is this -

311077_146981775480745_625506158_n.jpg

Ah I just stopped was only planning on doing 6k and it was worse than your average stitch I can normally run through them but my stomach was at me the whole way through the 5k, just ate to close to going for a run my own fault.

Probably got a bit of indigestion mixed in with the stitch if it was worse than an average stitch. I get it if I eat before class, it's impossible to push through that tbh.

At least you did 5k, that's savage going, especially since you went to the gym this morning, too. :)

January wrote: »
    All we have to remember is this -

My trainers are always posting up motivational stuff like that on Facebook.

One they posted that I love is a pic of a girl, in her gym gear, lying on the floor with weights beside her, looking really pretty and stuff. Next to it is a pic of the same girl, hair slicked back, weights all around her, bright red face with sweat dripping off of her.

Underneath the 'pretty' pic, it just says something like 'If you look like this after working out, you didn't work out.'

Makes me laugh, because a few of the women in my classes come in with a full face of make up, hair extensions and tan on, and don't work hard enough to even break a sweat. :pac: Then I go home from class with sweat soaked hair, bright red face, barely able to walk, usually bruised. :pac:

Our first TRX class myself and a friend went in, and nearly all the other girls there were decked out in full make up, tan, false nails... How the heck can they work out like that?!

Is TRX any use? Been meaning to expand my exercise regime from cycling and playing golf :p

Probably got a bit of indigestion mixed in with the stitch if it was worse than an average stitch. I get it if I eat before class, it's impossible to push through that tbh.

At least you did 5k, that's savage going, especially since you went to the gym this morning, too. :)

Ah yeh Im happy enough with it, was only aiming for 6k only 2nd time running outside in a couple of months so getting accustomed to it almost again be back up to 10k in about three weeks is the aim.

Plus meeting the personal trainer tomorrow and Friday aswell to work on weights.

Our first TRX class myself and a friend went in, and nearly all the other girls there were decked out in full make up, tan, false nails... How the heck can they work out like that?!

If you go into a class with make up on, and come out with your make up intact, you're not working out.

Twice I forgot to take off my make up after work, before class.

Ten minutes into the class, I had eyeliner and mascara running down my entire face and my eyeshadow and lipstick had both been sweated off. :pac:

Really need to get new tracksuit bottoms on Friday when I get paid. Got the ones I use back in November when I first started bootcamp, but they're three sizes too big for me now I'd say. :pac:

• Advertisement

Is TRX any use? Been meaning to expand my exercise regime from cycling and playing golf :p

It's fantastic, honestly. Very tough once you get into the full on suspension with the ceiling straps, but well worth it. Fantastic work out. I hate it, but I know it does wonders for toning my arms (my triceps are the most difficult part for me to tone), so I keep doing it.

If you go into a class with make up on, and come out with your make up intact, you're not working out.

Twice I forgot to take off my make up after work, before class.

Ten minutes into the class, I had eyeliner and mascara running down my entire face and my eyeshadow and lipstick had both been sweated off. :pac:

Really need to get new tracksuit bottoms on Friday when I get paid. Got the ones I use back in November when I first started bootcamp, but they're three sizes too big for me now I'd say. :pac:

I bought a new pair but the elastic snapped on them when I was tying the waist and spent the class pulling them up... fun times.

Ah stop some women are mad, when we done Hell & Back in January me and the lads from work were laughing at the amount of women who showed up with fake tan full make up etc to go running, crawling through mud and water.

Ah stop some women are mad, when we done Hell & Back in January me and the lads from work were laughing at the amount of women who showed up with fake tan full make up etc to go running, crawling through mud and water.

All the women bar my sister and her friends who did Run Amuck from our class went down on the bus in full make up, hotpant shorts and crop tops, had a few bottles of beer and a few joints before doing it. Classy women. :pac:

It's fantastic, honestly. Very tough once you get into the full on suspension with the ceiling straps, but well worth it. Fantastic work out. I hate it, but I know it does wonders for toning my arms (my triceps are the most difficult part for me to tone), so I keep doing it.

I'm guessing you need to do some of the more 'traditional' gym routines before you start it?

TRX is definitely worth it, my boyfriend says he see's the inches falling off me since I started it and that was only 4 weeks ago!

I'm guessing you need to do some of the more 'traditional' gym routines before you start it?

Not really, tbh. It's just that if you don't, you'll find it more tough than say, I would. That said, I know a few people who jumped straight into TRX and are fine. Just takes a few weeks to get used to the serious muscular pain for a few days after each class. :pac:

Honestly, no. I was a total beginner and just got straight into it. The person running the class will show you what to do.

Not really, tbh. It's just that if you don't, you'll find it more tough than say, I would. That said, I know a few people who jumped straight into TRX and are fine. Just takes a few weeks to get used to the serious muscular pain for a few days after each class. :pac:

Ah a cycle isn't worth doing without the legs hurting afterwards :P
    Rest of the body could be problematic though :pac:

• Advertisement

TRX is definitely worth it, my boyfriend says he see's the inches falling off me since I started it and that was only 4 weeks ago!

It's been three weeks since I've seen Marty, and it'll be four weeks when I see him next week. Let's see if he notices any difference. :pac:

My sister told me tonight (she hasn't seen me in about a month) that I've lost loads of weight. I was in complete shock, she NEVER compliments me like that. Even when I've lost a tonne of weight in the past, she'd call me a fat fook, so hearing that from her was a huge ego boost. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement