Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah a cycle isn't worth doing without the legs hurting afterwards :P
    Rest of the body could be problematic though :pac:

It depends on your trainer.

A lot of trainers ease you into it.

My trainers are cnuts, so they just scream at you and make you do the highest intensity, more difficult exercises in the first feckin' class, but that sort of 'encouragement' (or abuse, for want of a better term!) works great for me. Your arms tone up really fast doing it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    It depends on your trainer.

A lot of trainers ease you into it.

My trainers are cnuts, so they just scream at you and make you do the highest intensity, more difficult exercises in the first feckin' class, but that sort of 'encouragement' (or abuse, for want of a better term!) works great for me. Your arms tone up really fast doing it. :)

Grand job I'll try to find some gentle soul of a trainer so :pac:

Pft, don't take the easy option! The harder you work, the more results you'll see. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Grand job I'll try to find some gentle soul of a trainer so :pac:

Mine go easy on you the first two classes and then you're into the hard stuff!

Pft, don't take the easy option! The harder you work, the more results you'll see. ;)

Ah I'm one of those rare breeds who's happy with their figure :pac:

Suppose toning the arms might help the old golf swing though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah a cycle isn't worth doing without the legs hurting afterwards :P
    Rest of the body could be problematic though :pac:

Ah you get used to it, I remember first time I went for a run could barely walk for a week, then first time doing weights was in ribbons for days, still hurts now but not as much and I really enjoy it seeing yourself progress week in week out becomes addictive, I've had loads of people say it to me now how much more stocky im looking and that in less than two months.

If your near Tallaght I know a place in Tallaght everyone seems to raving about, actually I think someone on here might go the place they were saying about doing it in the carpark and saw them post pics of everyone out in the car park.

I wish mine would go easy for even one class. :(

We start off on the most difficult exercises, to force us to get used to it ASAP.

The next class, the length of the exercises increases, and increases week on week until we're doing 3 minutes minimum for each exercise.

Try holding your body in the air using only your hands and sprinting with your knees high. It's fcuking horrendous!

For that you'd need to work on your back and chest aswell the arms ;).

I didn't mean that you'd lose weight. :pac: I meant it more in the sense that you'll become much fitter, much faster.

Six months ago, I couldn't walk 2k. Now, I jog 5k a few times a week and walk at least 5k a day. :)

Ah you get used to it, I remember first time I went for a run could barely walk for a week, then first time doing weights was in ribbons for days, still hurts now but not as much and I really enjoy it seeing yourself progress week in week out becomes addictive, I've had loads of people say it to me now how much more stocky im looking and that in less than two months.

If your near Tallaght I know a place in Tallaght everyone seems to raving about, actually I think someone on here might go the place they were saying about doing it in the carpark and saw them post pics of everyone out in the car park.

Wrong end of town for me distance wise for now though alas

• Advertisement

For that you'd need to work on your back and chest aswell the arms ;).

Bet it feels great knowing so much about this stuff now. :) I remember you at the start, you were so confused by everything, especially when I was talking to you about food and saying things you didn't know, like carbs and protein and stuff. Now you're really knowledgeable about food and fitness as well as being physically fit. If you get bigger boobs than me, I'll kill you, though. :p

My trainers are fully booked for the next 7 weeks, but will be starting more TRX lad's classes in 7 weeks, in Coolock. You get off the 33 at the UCI (Odeon) on the Malahide Rd, and the training centre is around the corner. :) 8 euro a class.

My trainers are fully booked for the next 7 weeks, but will be starting more TRX lad's classes in 7 weeks, in Coolock. You get off the 33 at the UCI (Odeon) on the Malahide Rd, and the training centre is around the corner. :) 8 euro a class.

Urgh the 33, shudders :pac:

Bet it feels great knowing so much about this stuff now. :) I remember you at the start, you were so confused by everything, especially when I was talking to you about food and saying things you didn't know, like carbs and protein and stuff. Now you're really knowledgeable about food and fitness as well as being physically fit. If you get bigger boobs than me, I'll kill you, though. :p

:pac: yeh it does starting off I was clueless each day I learn a little bit more about foods, exercises etc it really interesting when you get into it. I might be somewhat fit but I want more much more, :pac: if I get bigger boobs then you then I know Ive gone to far.

Ugh public transport, it's been a long time since I got a bus in my days of Bolton St would often see fellas banging up on the 51b to Clondalkin among other things, the night link was even worse. Now as Ive been told im a public transport snob :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I booked myself in for a kettlebell class this weekend (it's a pay as you go system so you book one by one or pay a good bit for unlimited). I have a feeling I'm going to regret this...

Well you're not gonna find a place where you live that does TRX. I used to live out there, the only things they have are pubs and corner shops. :pac:

But yeah, they do male TRX from 9-10pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays so if you're interested anytime, drop me a pm and I'll link you to their Facebook or give you their mobile numbers.

I booked myself in for a kettlebell class this weekend (it's a pay as you go system so you book one by one or pay a good for unlimited). I have a feeling I'm going to regret this...

Nah, you won't, kettlebell classes are fantastic. :D Make sure you stretch your arms properly though and be prepared for muscle pain the next day!

:pac: yeh it does starting off I was clueless each day I learn a little bit more about foods, exercises etc it really interesting when you get into it. I might be somewhat fit but I want more much more, :pac: if I get bigger boobs then you then I know Ive gone to far.

Ugh public transport, it's been a long time since I got a bus in my days of Bolton St would often see fellas banging up on the 51b to Clondalkin among other things, the night link was even worse. Now as Ive been told im a public transport snob :pac:.

Telling ya, you're gonna end up like one of them big roid head bodybuilders. :p

You ARE a public transport snob! You're always slagging me for getting buses!

Well you're not gonna find a place where you live that does TRX. I used to live out there, the only things they have are pubs and corner shops. :pac:

But yeah, they do male TRX from 9-10pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays so if you're interested anytime, drop me a pm and I'll link you to their Facebook or give you their mobile numbers.

Don't forget the takeaways too :pac:

Telling ya, you're gonna end up like one of them big roid head bodybuilders. :p

You ARE a public transport snob! You're always slagging me for getting buses!

ha its only because of all the lunatics I used to see on a regular basis when I had to get buses that turned me off them, these days for me its either car or taxi can't remember the last time I got a bus.

• Advertisement

ha its only because of all the lunatics I used to see on a regular basis when I had to get buses that turned me off them, these days for me its either car or taxi can't remember the last time I got a bus.

Yeah, you were even saying 'if only you drove' to me on the weekend, 'cause I could have picked you up when you were drunk. :pac:

Love how you don't deny that you'll become a roid head bodybuilder. ;)

Love how you don't deny that you'll become a roid head bodybuilder. ;)

I like a certain part of my anatomy to much to become a roid head;).

I like a certain part of my anatomy to much to become a roid head;).

*refrains from making comment about how esoteric likes certain parts of someone's anatomy too much to want them to start on the roids*

:pac:

Just joking, but yeah you're doing well. Bet you'll be even bigger by the time I see you your arms were getting muscly last time I saw ya. :)

Stupid blender I only bought about two months ago is already broken :mad: I'm not even sure what kinda warranty I got with it or if I still have the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Stupid blender I only bought about two months ago is already broken :mad: I'm not even sure what kinda warranty I got with it or if I still have the receipt.

Been meaning to get a new one actually. What brand was it?

Passenger wrote: »
    Been meaning to get a new one actually. What brand was it?

It's a Tefal the motor is still working but what happened is a screw has come up from underneath that shouldn't have and has ripped most of the rotor off so when you do use it makes a serious amount of noise and is getting worse and worse a couple of days at most till its completely gone.

Wouldnt mind if I had it ages but a couple of months is not good enough.

So yeh get a new one but avoid Tefal :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

That's a bit of a nuisance alright. Hopefully you'll get it replaced on warranty. I have eyed up a Philips in Harvey Norman so I think I'll go for it.

Yeh just looking there they have the Tefal one I bought on the Harvey Norman website don't buy it.

I hope so to, ill have a root for the receipt tomorrow if I can't find it ill be going blender shopping tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Whereabouts are you based? Might be able to give you a few recs.

• Advertisement

Stupid
    blender I only bought about two months ago is already broken :mad: I'm not even sure what kinda warranty I got with it or if I still have the receipt.

Did you pay by card? a statement is proof of purchase.

Warranty is bollox, under Irish law it has to last a 'reasonable' amount of time, two months isnt reasonable. So bring it back and don't let them fob you off. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement