Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i don't think there is a trx class round here :( looking into kickboxing over the road from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Did you pay by card? a statement is proof of purchase.

Warranty is bollox, under Irish law it has to last a 'reasonable' amount of time, two months isnt reasonable. So bring it back and don't let them fob you off. :)

Found the receipt bought it on the 23rd of March so its not even two months old. Anyone any ideas of what my legal rights are? Give me some ammo to fire a t them, I dont think aying your warranty is bollox will really do me any favours if I end up in an argument in the shop :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Tell them your not leaving without it
    And start making camp and build a little fire and song cumbuya or something

Other than that dunno what ya can do
    Il try think of something in the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Today's addition -

943075_10152799045620191_926773341_n.jpg

I also got asked for ID in Dunnes on my way home buying smokes. I'm nearly 24, bearded and greying. Dunno what was wrong with her eyesight!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i have signed up to do a cardio kickboxing class tonight in my local (as in over the road - perfect for lazy ass me!) gym :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Found the
    receipt bought it on the 23rd of March so its not even two months old.
    Anyone any ideas of what my legal rights are? Give me some ammo to fire a
    t them, I dont think aying your warranty is bollox will really do me
    any favours if I end up in an argument in the shop :pac:.

'under the sale of goods and supply of services act, an electrical item must last a reasonable amount of time, and two months is not reasonable. I'm requesting that the situation be rectified.'

They can offer to take it off for repair, to replace or to refund. if they offer a repair, it must be done within a reasonable time (a few weeks) and must be permanent, so if it happens again, you'd be entitled to a full refund.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Adiboo wrote: »
    I also got asked for ID in Dunnes on my way home buying smokes. I'm nearly 24, bearded and greying. Dunno what was wrong with her eyesight!
    Lidl are terrors for that, I was in with some friends before, two were getting booze, and myself and another fellah weren't, we just waited for them. Both lads getting the booze were asked, even though one had a big beard, and neither looked vaguely close to 18 (one was 21, the other was about the same I think) and the other guy that was waiting with me had to show ID too, even though he was 26. Strangely I wasn't asked, dunno why.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Angron wrote: »
    Lidl are terrors for that, I was in with some friends before, two were getting booze, and myself and another fellah weren't, we just waited for them. Both lads getting the booze were asked, even though one had a big beard, and neither looked vaguely close to 18 (one was 21, the other was about the same I think) and the other guy that was waiting with me had to show ID too, even though he was 26. Strangely I wasn't asked, dunno why.

I've never got why shops seem to ID anyone who was seen to have been talking to someone who buys booze. It doesn't make any sense to me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I could get it if they looked really young, but when they are clearly well over 18 it's just daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

True, still though it is a tad bizzare to refuse somebody alcohol just because somebody else who they were just talking didn't have ID

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's a good point.

Got myself a new blender fair play to Power City went in expecting a fight straight away it was a case of do you want a new one a asked for store credit added another forty euro to it and bought myself a better blender.

Think im going to try make this later if I can get all the ingredients :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055992322

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I made them before, very tasty. You should drop down the amount of water though as they end up very sticky.

Orim wrote: »
    I made them before, very tasty. You should drop down the amount of water though as they end up very sticky.

Cool Ill try it with a little less water having tried it before do ya think it be okay with strawberry whey protein? Its all i have in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Should be fine, iirc I used banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

all this gym talk is making me wana join again.i normally join the gym every 2 years and go for about 6months until i get bored.i guess its about that biennial time again.i'm probably the heaviest i've ever been at the moment which doesnt make sense.i must really be thin because every time i look in the mirror i see a fat person looking back :O

You know your job sucks when your boss reduces you to tears when you've done nothing wrong... :(

I hate my poxy job. On the plus side, I might be getting fired despite doing nothing wrong and having great sales.

Marty, strawberry protein bars are lovely. I'll see what other recipes I can dig out for you tomorrow. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You know your job sucks when your boss reduces you to tears when you've done nothing wrong... :(

I hate my poxy job. On the plus side, I might be getting fired despite doing nothing wrong and having great sales.

Ive hated my job for the last year now.Employers know that jobs are hard to come by and treat their staff like **** even stooping as low as doing stuff that is downright illegal.

Believe me as soon as this country drags itself out of this recession these companies that treated their staff like **** are going to be staff-less as everyone will jump ship to better jobs.

The companies that treated their staff well despite bad times will be the ones that thrive.

As they say-Dont let the bastards grind you down..Not sure how long you are there but up to 364 days you can be gotten rid of without reason.After that all the employment law is on your side and not the employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

What else yeh getting done besides finishing the ducks?

Bitta old school :D

• Advertisement

What exactly was he giving out about Eso?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Bitta old school :D

What kinda old school? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Leave me alone :p I'll put a photo up when it's done :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Eso, hope you're ok x

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ive hated my job for the last year now.Employers know that jobs are hard to come by and treat their staff like **** even stooping as low as doing stuff that is downright illegal.

Believe me as soon as this country drags itself out of this recession these companies that treated their staff like **** are going to be staff-less as everyone will jump ship to better jobs.

The companies that treated their staff well despite bad times will be the ones that thrive.

As they say-Dont let the bastards grind you down..Not sure how long you are there but up to 364 days you can be gotten rid of without reason.After that all the employment law is on your side and not the employers.

I feel you pain aswell, most days I hate my job the boss is full of bull**** like most. Pulls every fast one in the book that he can is sly and manipulative.

Im in the place ten years would love to be gone but im stuck there for now and the boss knows that hence why he pulls these tricks in fact we all reckon he would be delighted if we upped and quit so he could get cheaper alternatives in.

But im betting your right once the economy turns around and it will turn around all these companies ttreating there staff like crap will find it very hard to get good reliable staff.

denny, basically he wants to sack me because I demanded several hundred euro that he owes me.

Thanks hellrazer. there's little I can do as I'm only there four months, but at least if worst comes to worse, I'll be able to fight for the money he owes me and the manager I work with is fuming at how he's treating me so has promised me a great reference, as i told her I'm looking for a new job.

When a job reduces me to tears, I know it's time to gtfo asap

Yeah, how dare you want the money that you are owed. At least the manager you work with is being a bit helpful, not much but it's better than nothing I suppose.

I can't believe I just spent 3 hours in a pub without drinking....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

denny, basically he wants to sack me because I demanded several hundred euro that he owes me.

Thanks hellrazer. there's little I can do as I'm only there four months, but at least if worst comes to worse, I'll be able to fight for the money he owes me and the manager I work with is fuming at how he's treating me so has promised me a great reference, as i told her I'm looking for a new job.

When a job reduces me to tears, I know it's time to gtfo asap

When a job reduces you to tears its time to seek legal advice.Regardless of how long you are there that's bullying in the workplace and is seriously frowned on.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    When a job reduces you to tears its time to seek legal advice.Regardless of how long you are there that's bullying in the workplace and is seriously frowned on.

Already on it. I sued my last job after I was sexually assaulted and beaten up by two members of staff, so I know the law pretty well, but I know full well that there's little I can do except in extreme circumstances.

Best I can hope for now is to find a new job and gtfo of there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement