Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

1312313314315316318»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Already on it. I sued my last job after I was sexually assaulted and beaten up by two members of staff, so I know the law pretty well, but I know full well that there's little I can do except in extreme circumstances.

Best I can hope for now is to find a new job and gtfo of there.
    What the f*ck?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Angron wrote: »
    What the f*ck?!

:pac: It's a very long story, it happened over 2 years, wasn't like it was one major incident. Well, it wasn't til the day I walked out. :pac:

It's weird, I've had wonderful jobs before that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Jeez Lyn you've had some run of it in the workforce!! Hope you get your recent issue sorted sooner rather than later.

Off topic, Mr. Fox is home after 6months away tomorrow :) well he was home for three weeks halfway through that but that doesn't count :) Needless to say this Vixen is very happy and going to ground :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Gigity???? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

6 months giggity is right :pac:.

Just finished making them protein bars in the freezer as we speak hopefully I don't poison myself :o, new blender is savage and so silent :).

Was in the garage getting petrol and two junkies go the hatch looking for loads of carboard boxes or any carboard they can get there hands on really "for there pet hamster" then as there walking away ask me were the abandoned houses are in Clondalkin they are looking for a specific one but any seems to do such a horrible waste of life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Good luck with it Lyn whatever happens. ****ing ridiculous.

I just woke up from an eight hour nap...I was obviously a lot more tired than I thought...

Enjoy your sex, Foxy! We all know that's what's gonna happen. 6 months without seeing him? I'd be crawling up the walls. :pac:

6 months giggity is right :pac:.

Just finished making them protein bars in the freezer as we speak hopefully I don't poison myself :o, new blender is savage and so silent :).

Was in the garage getting petrol and two junkies go the hatch looking for loads of carboard boxes or any carboard they can get there hands on really "for there pet hamster" then as there walking away ask me were the abandoned houses are in Clondalkin they are looking for a specific one but any seems to do such a horrible waste of life.

And you tell me the northside is the only place with junkies? Pft. :p

I feel sorry for junkies, in a way. I mean, I wouldn't give them money or anything, but I've given one junkie smokes a few times when I used to work in town, and he'd always make a point of stopping to chat. He was telling me how he was trying to stay off the stuff or at least cut down, but it never happened and that no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get off it.

He was spending his homeless dole allowance on the stuff, and said he was going without food and everything, and that I was the only person who ever actually said yes to giving him a smoke. Even on days where I was broke and had no smokes, he'd say it was no bother at all and still have a wee chat with me. Never looked for money or anything. One day, I offered to buy him tea and a sandwich. I told him straight up that I wasn't going to give him money but it was freezing so did he want tea and something to eat, and he was so nice and kind about it.

I know junkies like that are a rarity, but I always wonder what the fúck went on in their life to make them turn to such heavy drugs. I'm not gonna lie and say I'd stop and chat to them (except that one guy, he was nice enough), but I feel bad for some of them. Can't be nice to spend your life strung out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    And you tell me the northside is the only place with junkies? Pft. :p

I feel sorry for junkies, in a way. I mean, I wouldn't give them money or anything, but I've given one junkie smokes a few times when I used to work in town, and he'd always make a point of stopping to chat. He was telling me how he was trying to stay off the stuff or at least cut down, but it never happened and that no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get off it.

He was spending his homeless dole allowance on the stuff, and said he was going without food and everything, and that I was the only person who ever actually said yes to giving him a smoke. Even on days where I was broke and had no smokes, he'd say it was no bother at all and still have a wee chat with me. Never looked for money or anything. One day, I offered to buy him tea and a sandwich. I told him straight up that I wasn't going to give him money but it was freezing so did he want tea and something to eat, and he was so nice and kind about it.

I know junkies like that are a rarity, but I always wonder what the fúck went on in their life to make them turn to such heavy drugs. I'm not gonna lie and say I'd stop and chat to them (except that one guy, he was nice enough), but I feel bad for some of them. Can't be nice to spend your life strung out.

It's heart breaking, my uncle was an addict. Would never hurt a fly before drugs but they seriously fúcked him up big time... spent a lot of time in prison. The funny thing was he was terrified of needles before he went on heroin, like faint if he saw one type of person.

It was horrible to see him strung out and still trying to be all uncle like and pally with us... We always knew the drugs would kill him, he'll be dead two years next week.

That's horrible. I really don't like them when they're in town harassing you, but I feel so sorry for them. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I have an aunt who is addicted to alcohol and sleeping pills, and she's so messed up, it's horrible seeing her at family parties acting so normal, staying off the drink, but you can soon how stressed she is without her fix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I had an uncle who had a pretty bad drink addiction, once when he stayed at our house he started hallucinating, thinking someone was trying to steal our tractor.

Saddest part was, when he started to get off the stuff, and he got a job, he had an accident falling from a tree and died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's Friday!!!

Because of all the above posts, I'm going to put forward a motion to change the name of the day.

It's Sadderday. :(

:pac: Nice pun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thread closed as it's getting pretty close to the dreaded 10k figure...

New thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056945461

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement