Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

PMLS!! Pepsi all over the screen!!! :pac:

Got to hug my bike today. :( I miss it. I have her running which is a miracle considering the accident was so bad. Now I just have to get all the bits for it. Headlight has to come from the States, plastics from Hong Kong and heat shielding from the UK. Just need to get a few quid together now. :rolleyes:

Happy days man at least it wasnt a write off in the end, and you dont have to change the bike :), id say your itching to get back on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Happy days man at least it wasnt a write off in the end, and you dont have to change the bike :), id say your itching to get back on it.

Dying to get back on her. But it'll be at least March before that happens I reckon. So time is on my side. She'll be a different beast by the time I'm finished with her.

In the meantime, I was onto my tattooist to get some more work done. Better than any retail therapy!! :D So he's gonna finish my Alien tattoo and continue on the horror sleeve. He's gonna work on Jigsaw and Mike Myers next. Can't wait for that! Hopefully I'll have them done by Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Dying to get back on her. But it'll be at least March before that happens I reckon. So time is on my side. She'll be a different beast by the time I'm finished with her.

In the meantime, I was onto my tattooist to get some more work done. Better than any retail therapy!! :D So he's gonna finish my Alien tattoo and continue on the horror sleeve. He's gonna work on Jigsaw and Mike Myers next. Can't wait for that! Hopefully I'll have them done by Christmas.

Ooh, I want to see those when they're done! When's the first appointment?? :)

I'm in the middle of designing my next two and have quit drinking for a month to pay for them. My parents also don't realise that my grandmother (who DESPISES tattoos) offered to give me a hundred euro towards them for Christmas. :pac:

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Ooh, I want to see those when they're done! When's the first appointment?? :)

Not sure yet, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. He's out the door at the minute, paying for a sleeve he got done in the States last month.
    I'm in the middle of designing my next two and have quit drinking for a month to pay for them. My parents also don't realise that my grandmother (who DESPISES tattoos) offered to give me a hundred euro towards them for Christmas. :pac:

LOL - your granny ROCKS!! :D What a cool present. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

THEY WANT ME TO DO A TRAINING CLASS IN WORK!!! :mad:

There's been a load of trainer opportunities and I applied for none. There was a damn good reason I didn't apply because I didn't want to be a trainer.

Need a ranty.
    Not sure yet, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. He's out the door at the minute, paying for a sleeve he got done in the States last month.

Didn't post in the right thread but that alien is sick.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Didn't post in the right thread but that alien is sick.

Thanks man.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

THEY WANT ME TO DO A TRAINING CLASS IN WORK!!! :mad:

There's been a load of trainer opportunities and I applied for none. There was a damn good reason I didn't apply because I didn't want to be a trainer.

I've been training my replacement in the last few weeks, and it's made me realise that I'd make a useless trainer. My way of doing things is the best and only way :pac:

Ive just signed myself up to do this with a few the lads from work I think ive lost my marbles, its in 9 weeks and I havent done any kind of excercise in a long, long time. Some serious work ahead of me :o. On a bright note we are doing it in aid of Temple Street Childrens Hospital :).

If anyone has any advice one the whole getting fit enough thing feel fee to throw it my way :).

Ive just signed myself up to do this with a few the lads from work I think ive lost my marbles, its in 9 weeks and I havent done any kind of excercise in a long, long time. Some serious work ahead of me :o. On a bright note we are doing it in aid of Temple Street Childrens Hospital :).

If anyone has any advice one the whole getting fit enough thing feel fee to throw it my way :).

I was to do that in January but the injury prevents it. But they'll be doing it again in the summer, so I'll be doing that AND the Warrior Dash (similar kinda thing)

Best of luck with it man. Raging I can't do it. :(

I was to do that in January but the injury prevents it. But they'll be doing it again in the summer, so I'll be doing that AND the Warrior Dash (similar kinda thing)

Best of luck with it man. Raging I can't do it. :(

They're doing it again in the summer? Hmm, might look into that. When MartyMcFly mentioned it, I wanted to do it but no way in hell will I be fit enough for it. Might do it in the summer though. :D

Good luck, you're going to need it. :pac:

• Advertisement

They're doing it again in the summer? Hmm, might look into that. When MartyMcFly mentioned it, I wanted to do it but no way in hell will I be fit enough for it. Might do it in the summer though. :D

Same as - I saw it mentioned elsewhere on Boards, but I couldn't do it in winter.

We should have a Summer 2013 T&P Hell and Back mission :D

jenizzle wrote: »
    Same as - I saw it mentioned elsewhere on Boards, but I couldn't do it in winter.

I'll just wait in the pub for when you all finish if that's okay.

We really should! Don't you only need 4 per group? There's already me, you, Marty and Please-Kill-Me. :D Sorted!

Hopefully if all of these fitnesses classes I'm doing get me used to doing more than just running, I'll survive it. :D

Good luck, you're going to need it. :pac:

Cheers im going to need it, gives me the motivation to go get my ass fit and work hard since i have a goal to aim for :).

My main fear of the winter one is taking the dunk into the freezing water, there will be nothing left of me ;).

Summer 2013 T&P Hell and Back mission would be cool :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Joe's gone from Spilled Ink. Mario said he'll forward my details on and see what Joe says but still...been emailing back and forth with Mario for aaaaaaaaaaaaages and now it has to start all over again...if Joe even contacts me.

I wish there were more artists who used vegan inks... :(

I just wouldn't be fit enough for it. While I can run a little further than I could this time last year (I couldn't even run for a bus, I'm still quite slow now though), and I'm doing a lot of strength work with body weight exercises and free weights, I would just pass out if I did it now.

I, strangely, quite like running in winter though. Something really nice about running in the crisp air and sunshine, like today.

I think we should do it in the summer. :) I'd be well up for it, but all my mates are lazy gits and won't even walk from Temple Bar to O'Connell Street, so no point in asking them to do it with me. :pac:

If my training keeps going well, I should be able to manage it by summer.

Since we're all about the exercise in here tonight, I got good news in training on Wednesday! I had an accident a year and a half ago, and I did some damage to my back. I was told by a doctor and a physio that I can't do weights or any exercise bar light running for two years. Decided 'feck that' and started up some intense training classes at the start of the week. On Wednesday, I got the physio there to check me out, and she did some work on my back and told me that I'm almost completely healed, 6 months ahead of the expected time, and am now allowed do as much exercise as I want, yay!

Now it's time to kill myself trying to get fit again. :pac:

Not to take away from you guys and your crazy fitness events, I've found a new artist that I love. Curtis Burgess : http://www.tribalritestattoo.com/artist.php?id=6

I can't find any of the ones I really like online but there's still some good stuff.

neilskull.jpg
    halloween5.jpg

I REALLY like that skull one. :)

On a tattoo side of things, I'm in the middle of drawing up my next tattoo and have finally decided on exactly what I want. It's gonna incorporate my love of books, music and acting, and show off my (usually very well hidden) romantic side just a little bit. :pac:

Now to find an artist and get some more money! :D

Yeah it's awesome. Some of his new stuff is amazing but I can't seem to find it.

That idea sounds complicated. I wish I was more artistic so I can come up with better ideas for my tats. I know what I want but I find it really hard to come with something good or to explain what I want.

Although I'm pretty much set on my next two, just need a shed load of cash. Although I've been starting to think that maybe it's time to start planning more for an overall aesthetic, I'm just not sure.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's awesome. Some of his new stuff is amazing but I can't seem to find it.

That idea sounds complicated. I wish I was more artistic so I can come up with better ideas for my tats. I know what I want but I find it really hard to come with something good or to explain what I want.

Although I'm pretty much set on my next two, just need a shed load of cash. Although I've been starting to think that maybe it's time to start planning more for an overall aesthetic, I'm just not sure.

The tattoo itself that I have planned is simple enough, I'd imagine it only has about 3 or 4 hours of work in it, just needs some attention to detail. :)

Do you know how to even draw up a basic idea of what you want, or even what you want it to incorporate? You could always ask an artsy friend to help ya think of the full concept. :)

I'm now set on my next two, but also need a shed load of cash. :(

Not to a standard I'm ever happy with :) I hate getting friends to do stuf like because I'm really picky and I hate being picky with a friend that's doing me a favour.

A lot of my worry is just getting it right :confused: Like I think my next one will be a batman leg sleeve focusing on the Killing Joke cover but I don't know how to incorporate it into a full design. I guess I just need to go in and have a chat with the artist.

250px-Killingjoke.JPG

Not to a standard I'm ever happy with :) I hate getting friends to do stuf like because I'm really picky and I hate being picky with a friend that's doing me a favour.

A lot of my worry is just getting it right :confused: Like I think my next one will be a batman leg sleeve focusing on the Killing Joke cover but I don't know how to incorporate it into a full design. I guess I just need to go in and have a chat with the artist.

Yeah, I get ya. I don't let friends help me with designs either because I'm a fussy cow and end up rejecting everything. That's why, even though I can barely draw, I'll spend a month drawing up something myself until it's perfect. :pac:

There's loads of things you could do with that, but definitely have a chat with the artist, they'd be a lot better at suggesting things than I would, and they're happy to keep drawing up ideas until you're happy with something. :) Very cool idea! <3 Batman :)

<3 Batman :)

Who doesn't? :D

Who doesn't? :D

All of my friends! :(

Seriously? You need better friends :pac:

I mean they must like some Batman? There's so much to enjoy, the 60's tv show, the animated series, the burton films, the nolan films, killing joke, under the red hood, hush, dark night returns, year one... jesus I could go on even *shudder* the schumacher films.

Seriously? You need better friends :pac:

I mean they must like some Batman? There's so much to enjoy, the 60's tv show, the animated series, the burton films, the nolan films, killing joke, under the red hood, hush, dark night returns, year one... jesus I could go on even *shudder* the schumacher films.

My friends know so little about Batman that when I was out shopping a few weeks ago, I bought a cardigan covered in the Batman logo. My friend legit asked 'wtf is that?' I nearly cried. :(

But everyone knows Batman to some degree? :(

tumblr_mdb1n0sGMt1rybclk.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Damo--Thanks for the pm earlier.Sorry for ranting though.

Anyhow got my broadband back working!!!Builders servered my precious cat 5 that I painstakingly wired into the house when we moved in.Just finished rewiring!!!All done and back to normal.

• Advertisement

What kind of setup have you got Hellrazer? Do you have cable wired throughout the house?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement