Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Orim wrote: »
    What kind of setup have you got Hellrazer? Do you have cable wired throughout the house?

Yep most of downstairs is cat 5.When we bought the house we gutted it and I put cat 5 everywhere.Anything that cant reach the cat 5 is networked using the powerline adapters.

Works quite well to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm about ten minutes into this, dunno if it's been posted before so far it seems okay though and is certainly better than X factor for anybody staying tonight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm about ten minutes into this, dunno if it's been posted before so far it seems okay though and is certainly better than X factor for anybody staying tonight :P

Not a bad watch.

Seriously want a new tattoo now though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Not a bad watch.

Seriously want a new tattoo now though :(

I think we've all been bitching about wanting one for the past few weeks. :pac:

As long as I manage to save up enough, I'll be getting my next on on New Year's Eve, yay. :D

I'll see how much change I have left after christmas shopping next month!

• Advertisement

I'll see how much change I have left after christmas shopping next month!

That's my plan, too! Let's just say my friends and family are getting smaller presents this year. :pac:

Anything in particular planned, or just wanting one in general?

Well I'd love to get my arm finished so think I might just work on that for the moment. The artist who done it is gone now though so hopefully I can find someone else to finish it.

Any plans for you?

Well I'd love to get my arm finished so think I might just work on that for the moment. The artist who done it is gone now though so hopefully I can find someone else to finish it.

Any plans for you?

What have you got on your arm so far? I clearly haven't stalked enough pages of the show me mine thread. :pac:

I have a few planned, the one I'm hoping to get next is an open book with sheet music to one of my favourite songs on the pages, with a quote from a play I like underneath. :)

Have a koi, just the outline of it. Needs to be coloured in.

Al5B4OPCMAAw3ax.jpg

Oh that sounds nice! Be sure to post up pics when you get it!

Have a koi, just the outline of it. Needs to be coloured in.

Al5B4OPCMAAw3ax.jpg

Oh that sounds nice! Be sure to post up pics when you get it!

Ooh, that's really nice! What colours are you getting on it?

I will, don't worry. I'm still at the 'omfg I got a tattoo' stage of tatts, so I post pics everywhere whenever I get a new one. :pac:

• Advertisement

Want to get a really vibrant bright blue for the background, reddish pinks for the flowers and then a nice golden/yellow colour for the fish. Similar to this:

koi-fish-tattoo-image-pat-208x300.jpg

I'm absolutely itching to get my leg finished. And the other one started :p

@Atavan Where did you get your Koi outlined? I remember you telling me ages ago but I can't think of it now and it's annoying me :p

Got it done in BMK tattoo on trinity street I think it was. Kinda across the road from the central bank and above the barbers. Studio is gone now though.

Ahh yeah I think I remember it. Do you have any idea where you're gonna get it coloured?

Ahh yeah I think I remember it. Do you have any idea where you're gonna get it coloured?

Hopefully Paul in Spilled ink will be kind enough to do it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Watched this last night, was entertaining. Horiyoshi iii is crazy, "I have an idea, I'm just going to ink it straight on"

Job interview on Friday, yay! :) It's only a shop job, pretty much the same stuff I did when I was 15 and in school, but hey, an interview for anything is more than I've gotten this month. :) Plus it's only a 20 minute walk from my house.

They do have a 'no visible tattoos' policy though, according to a friend who works in a different branch of the company, so that could be awkward. :pac:

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Job interview on Friday, yay! :) It's only a shop job, pretty much the same stuff I did when I was 15 and in school, but hey, an interview for anything is more than I've gotten this month. :) Plus it's only a 20 minute walk from my house.

They do have a 'no visible tattoos' policy though, according to a friend who works in a different branch of the company, so that could be awkward. :pac:

Good luck. You got some long sleeve tops? Could be useful.

Orim wrote: »
    Good luck. You got some long sleeve tops? Could be useful.

Oh yeah, I have long sleeved stuff I can wear for the interview, but the uniform is short sleeved. Ah well, I'll mention it in the interview anyway, I can always use Dermablend when I'm in work to cover myself if it's that much of a problem. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nice one Lynda, congrats. Work is work. Can't be too fussy these days!

• Advertisement

Nice one Lynda, congrats. Work is work. Can't be too fussy these days!

Anything's better than the free-lance crap I'm doing now, it'll give me more money for tattoos. :D Ones I can hide underneath the stupid uniform of course. :pac: Here's hoping I get it now. :)

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I think we've all been bitching about wanting one for the past few weeks. :pac:

As long as I manage to save up enough, I'll be getting my next on on New Year's Eve, yay. :D

Best of luck with the job :D Im mad to get another one done but I got a lot of work done this yr and my misses has put a 6 month ban on me haha grrr iv a feelin she is gonna get me a voucher for xmas tho :p

gregers85 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the job :D Im mad to get another one done but I got a lot of work done this yr and my misses has put a 6 month ban on me haha grrr iv a feelin she is gonna get me a voucher for xmas tho :p

Where ya thinking of going for the next one, if she gets you the voucher?

My mother made me promise to never get more than 2 tatts. I have three, and I'm planning 2 more. She knew about one of the two I'm planning and accepted it because I'm getting it done for charity, but she's FUMING over the one I'm getting done next month. :pac:

Gonna go into Skin City and get booked in for New Year's Eve for my next tatt, woo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Where ya thinking of going for the next one, if she gets you the voucher?

My mother made me promise to never get more than 2 tatts. I have three, and I'm planning 2 more. She knew about one of the two I'm planning and accepted it because I'm getting it done for charity, but she's FUMING over the one I'm getting done next month. :pac:

Gonna go into Skin City and get booked in for New Year's Eve for my next tatt, woo. :)

Got most of mine done this year in Allstar ink here in Limerick and she knows I'm mad to get another one from Uli in High on Ink so I'd say she'll get me a voucher for one or the other!

HaHa I got my first one done when I was 18 and I made a similar promise to my parents, 11 yrs & 12 sessions later Im still going lol :p

My Mam's latest nickname for me is The Maori haha

gregers85 wrote: »
    Got most of mine done this year in Allstar ink here in Limerick and she knows I'm mad to get another one from Uli in High on Ink so I'd say she'll get me a voucher for one or the other!

HaHa I got my first one done when I was 18 and I made a similar promise to my parents, 11 yrs & 12 sessions later Im still going lol :p

My Mam's latest nickname for me is The Maori haha

I love All Star, used to live in Limerick for about a year and I remember going in there with my then boyfriend, I designed his tattoo, but they made it even better by adding some stuff to it, did great work and they were really lovely guys there too. :)

haha, well I got my first one 4 years ago. I'm getting my 4th one on New Year's Eve, but I only got my SECOND one last new year's eve, so that'll make it three tattoos in exactly one year. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

An update on my situation: went to the docs this morning with pains in my arm. I went through the whole hospital thing with him. Apparently they dropped the ball on my diagnosis and how to proceed. They have me scheduled to go back in on December 11th to get more x-rays done and decide on surgery. The doc this morning told me they shouldn't have waited that long, that I should have had my surgery well before now! They told me it'd be 8 months to a year before I could get back in the ring or lift weights again - I was told this morning it should be only 8 weeks, that I should be back training by now if they did their job properly!! I can't express how annoyed, disgusted and hurt I am!! :mad:

So he's setting the ball rolling himself and going to arrange to get the surgery/wiring done in the next few weeks and get the rehab going straight away. F**king hospitals!!!! Grrrrrr!

Jesus you'd think with the money they're on they could get it right. Gutted for you mate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Sorry to hear that! Glad the doc has ye sorted though, you'll be back in order in no time all going well :)

• Advertisement

Gutted for you, mate. :( I suppose the only thing is at least they've FINALLY realised what's going on and how to fix it. It's no consolation really, because it should have been sorted well before now, but at least you can look forward instead of wondering wtf is going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement