Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Haha, it turns out that instead of working all of christmas, I'm now working none of christmas. This has been a good day and I have lots of cake left at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Managed to injure my hip while doing boxing last night. :( It's causing a lot of pain, but at least it means I can lie down and do nothing all day. :)

Gonna be interesting to see can I walk properly to get to my interview tomorrow, haha.

No pain, no gain... or so I hear.

Orim wrote: »
    No pain, no gain... or so I hear.

Ah yeah but when the pain is caused from a lady weighing quite a lot more than you falling into you when she slips while sparring, there's very little to gain. :pac: Painkillers are working though and tbh the pain is worth it for all the muscle definition I've noticed lately. :)

That sounds like the bizarrest injury ever.

Yay painkillers. Also my chemist buddy tells me alcohol is a solution.

• Advertisement

That sounds like the bizarrest injury ever.

Yay painkillers. Also my chemist buddy tells me alcohol is a solution.

Oh man, I love alcohol for pain relief. Buuuuut, I quit alcohol and caffeine for a month to see if that improves my fitness levels. Christmas Eve, I'm going to go absolutely nuts, though. :pac: And yeah, pretty bizarre injury. Why they set me up to spar with someone who's 5'10 and about 18 stone when I'm 5'1 and around 11 stone, I'll never know. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Oh man, I love alcohol for pain relief. Buuuuut, I quit alcohol and caffeine for a month to see if that improves my fitness levels. Christmas Eve, I'm going to go absolutely nuts, though. :pac: And yeah, pretty bizarre injury. Why they set me up to spar with someone who's 5'10 and about 18 stone when I'm 5'1 and around 11 stone, I'll never know. :pac:

No need to cut out caffeine to get in better shape - caffeine raises your temperature causing you to burn more fat during a work out! once your not taking it close to bed time to affect your sleep you should still take a moderate amount a day :D true story!

gregers85 wrote: »
    No need to cut out caffeine to get in better shape - caffeine raises your temperature causing you to burn more fat during a work out! once your not taking it close to bed time to affect your sleep you should still take a moderate amount a day :D true story!

Ah yeah but it also dehydrates you, and since I'm gonna be sweating like a pig in my classes, I don't want to dehydrate myself any further. :pac: Didn't know it was good for burning fat, though. I may have to start drinking real coffee again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Ah yeah but it also dehydrates you, and since I'm gonna be sweating like a pig in my classes, I don't want to dehydrate myself any further. :pac: Didn't know it was good for burning fat, though. I may have to start drinking real coffee again :D

I've never noticed any extra dehydration from it! I'm generally gaspin when I'm training regardless lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Ah yeah but when the pain is caused from a lady weighing quite a lot more than you falling into you when she slips while sparring, there's very little to gain.

You shoulda caught her with an uppercut while she was going down, just for good measure!! :pac: :pac:

Regarding caffeine and working out, I find coffee in the morning before I go training really good to help me along (as well as an energy drink or two)

• Advertisement

You shoulda caught her with an uppercut while she was going down, just for good measure!! :pac: :pac:

Regarding caffeine and working out, I find coffee in the morning before I go training really good to help me along (as well as an energy drink or two)

:pac: I would have done that, but I'm a novice, my reflexes aren't that good! If I'd stayed on the mat, I would have been fine, but I tried to move back when I realised what was happening so when she fell on me, I landed on tiled concrete floor. :(

I do have a coffee in the mornings, but I stick to de-caf the rest of the day. I don't drink energy drinks anymore because I was drinking waaaay too many (8+ per day), but you lot have convinced me that I can go back to getting my coffee fix throughout the day, yay! :)

:pac: I would have done that, but I'm a novice, my reflexes aren't that good! If I'd stayed on the mat, I would have been fine, but I tried to move back when I realised what was happening so when she fell on me, I landed on tiled concrete floor. :(

Eeewww, concrete floor!? Nasty. No ring for sparring? Do ye at least have head gear/gum-shields etc.? Jeez, every single time we're sparring, it's in the ring, with full headgear and gumshield and proper wraps under the gloves.
    I do have a coffee in the mornings, but I stick to de-caf the rest of the day. I don't drink energy drinks anymore because I was drinking waaaay too many (8+ per day), but you lot have convinced me that I can go back to getting my coffee fix throughout the day, yay! :)

Yeah, I'm kinda partial to Monster myself.

Convinced you?? Pffft, didn't take much did it?? LOL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Monster is great! I have an empty BFC can sitting in my room, you can't get them over here :(

Eeewww, concrete floor!? Nasty. No ring for sparring? Do ye at least have head gear/gum-shields etc.? Jeez, every single time we're sparring, it's in the ring, with full headgear and gumshield and proper wraps under the gloves.

Yeah, I'm kinda partial to Monster myself.

Convinced you?? Pffft, didn't take much did it?? LOL

No ring, because we change around what sport we do every now and then, just to work different parts of the body. Headgear and gumshields were worn, thankfully, but I did my stupid hip in. I think I just aggravated an injury in my hip and back that had just recently fully healed. :pac:

I adore Monster, I love the orange one. :) And nope, no real convincing necessary! :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've given up drinking for a few weeks too as I've a dress to fit into for a wedding. This concept seems to be really putting my friends out though, like I've lost an arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    I've given up drinking for a few weeks too as I've a dress to fit into for a wedding. This concept seems to be really putting my friends out though, like I've lost an arm!

Think yeh can stay off it? Im hoping to stay off the beer myself for at least this weekend, need to get fit quick plus i had enough on Wednesday to make an elephant pissed, went out after working a twelve hour night shift straight to an early house in town nothing weirder than doing a pub crawl on a Wednesday wandering around town at 1 in the day locked.

Was good craic but not something ill be making a habit off. Now to get jogging today if I get my chest cleared up have a bit of cold/flu stupid thing.

I'm supposed to be off drinking for a month, but I was drunk texting people a week ago. :pac:

If you want to lose the calories from alcohol, but still drink, just drink vodka and a diet mixer, only 47 calories. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Now to get jogging today if I get my chest cleared up have a bit of cold/flu stupid thing.

I've had a cough for nearly a month now, it's really annoying the crap outta me cos I can't push as hard as I would like without feeling like a lung is going to collapse. I do hope to stay off until next weekend anyway - that'll be 5 weeks without a drink. Drinkin' session on the 8th, session on the 14th and 15th, and I'll see how well I can avoid it around those.
    I'm supposed to be off drinking for a month, but I was drunk texting people a week ago. :pac:

If you want to lose the calories from alcohol, but still drink, just drink vodka and a diet mixer, only 47 calories. :)

That's what I usually do but, tbh, the problem isn't the drinking itself. It's the Burger King I savage when I'm pissed, it's all the smoking I do when I'm pissed, it's the hangover chipper I need the next day, it's the fact that I can't do that long run I planned cos I'm hangin'...

It's also really annoying that places that do drinks deals don't cater for diet mixers - all drinks €3, unless you want diet coke, then that'll be €7+! I've also saved a few quid cos I haven't really been out. I'll get xmas out of the way then see how long I last in the new year without it.

That's what I usually do but, tbh, the problem isn't the drinking itself. It's the Burger King I savage when I'm pissed, it's all the smoking I do when I'm pissed, it's the hangover chipper I need the next day, it's the fact that I can't do that long run I planned cos I'm hangin'...

It's also really annoying that places that do drinks deals don't cater for diet mixers - all drinks €3, unless you want diet coke, then that'll be €7+! I've also saved a few quid cos I haven't really been out. I'll get xmas out of the way then see how long I last in the new year without it.

Ah, I get ya. I'm on a strict diet atm so there's no junk food in my house and I don't really like chipper food thankfully. I also don't get hangovers. :pac:

Yeah, I hate places that don't cater for mixers. When I'm in those places, I get blackcurrant with my vodka, it only adds about three calories to the total. :)

So guys. My interview went GREAT. :D She decided she doesn't want me as a sales assistant in the shop I applied for, and instead interviewed me for a keyholder position (basically assistant manager work), higher wage, different shop, easier job. I decided not to hide my tattoo and she COMPLIMENTED it (the ones on my legs were obviously hidden!). No uniform in the shop she wants me in, tattoos and crazy hair totally acceptable, just no facial piercings (but I don't even have my ears pierced anyway :pac: ).

She's going to get back to me tomorrow after she checks my references, but as long as they're good, I start on Tuesday for training. :D Only issue is, I'm currently suing my last job, so that could be difficult for a reference, but I gave a manager's name who I'm still friends with and still see for drinks occasionally.

Fingers crossed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds good Lynda!!! :D

With this:
    Only issue is, I'm currently suing my last job, so that could be difficult for a reference, but I gave a manager's name who I'm still friends with and still see for drinks occasionally.
    I'd say be straight up and tell them that there's an issue with that place where you've ended up having to take legal action that is currently ongoing, I'm sure they'll understand why you may struggle to give a reference there!

• Advertisement

Sounds good Lynda!!! :D

With this:

I'd say be straight up and tell them that there's an issue with that place where you've ended up having to take legal action that is currently ongoing, I'm sure they'll understand why you may struggle to give a reference there!

Well, suing a company makes you pretty much unemployable because most prospective employers see you as a trouble maker. However, she said she'll be ringing me regardless, even if my reference is bad, just to let me know, so I'll explain myself then if they do give me a rubbish reference. I don't think they can though because I'm on their books as their highest selling staff member. :pac:

Marty McFly also texted me the same advice as you, to just tell them out straight what happened (he knows the full story), so I guess if I do get a bad reference, I'll do that. She said I seem responsible and trustworthy, so if it comes down to it, I'd imagine she'll believe me since I can provide medical records to back up injuries from what happened and witnesses and such. :)

So guys. My interview went GREAT. :D She decided she doesn't want me as a sales assistant in the shop I applied for, and instead interviewed me for a keyholder position (basically assistant manager work), higher wage, different shop, easier job. I decided not to hide my tattoo and she COMPLIMENTED it (the ones on my legs were obviously hidden!). No uniform in the shop she wants me in, tattoos and crazy hair totally acceptable, just no facial piercings (but I don't even have my ears pierced anyway :pac: ).

Jeez, could you really ask for anything more in fairness? Nice one, hope it works out for ya.

I'm about ten minutes into this, dunno if it's been posted before so far it seems okay though and is certainly better than X factor for anybody staying tonight :P

Anyone know were else I could watch this? Only got around to it now and well its been removed by youtube :mad:.

Edit: have it now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone know were else I could watch this? Only got around to it now and well its been removed by youtube :mad:.

It was recored from the history channel if that's any help! I'm sure some googling will throw up something.

Don't know if it's any use to ya, but this link for streaming it came up when I googled it -

http://www.nabolister.com/title/21944/Ancient_Ink_-_Blood_and_Tattoos

Genius that I am, managed to get locked out of the house tonight. 100 bucks from my tattoo fund gone on a locksmith :(

Genius that I am, managed to get locked out of the house tonight. 100 bucks from my tattoo fund gone on a locksmith :(

Ouch not the weather either you want to be getting yourslef locked out in. Id say if it werent being frozen stiff youd be bull thick.

Ouch not the weather either you want to be getting yourslef locked out in. Id say if it werent being frozen stiff youd be bull thick.

Yup, just so happy to be back inside that I can't really feel anything. Didn't even have shoes on.

Yup, just so happy to be back inside that I can't really feel anything. Didn't even have shoes on.

:pac: no shoes on wtf. If I was you id be hugging the crap out of a radiator right now.

• Advertisement

Yup, just went out to get food, thought I'd put the latch on but noooo. On the plus side when you manage to find them people are surprisingly trusting when you don't have shoes on :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement