Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I had the new tattoo itch two separate years, while at the Tattoo convention... Which made it almost unbearable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I would have went on the beg. Or showed up wearing a sign saying 'Will drop pants for tattoo' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I've gotten eight tattoos this year since January. The itch is quite severe for me, can't kick the habit! I'm starting my right sleeve in June, but I'll have to get a few smaller ones done until then to tide me over :p

Adiboo wrote: »
    I've gotten eight tattoos this year since January. The itch is quite severe for me, can't kick the habit! I'm starting my right sleeve in June, but I'll have to get a few smaller ones done until then to tide me over :p

You're lucky dirty looks don't translate over the interwebz, because you just got the mother of all dirty looks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

You're lucky dirty looks don't translate over the interwebz, because you just got the mother of all dirty looks :p

Don't worry, I get enough dirty looks off the aul wans to cover yours :P

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    Don't worry, I get enough dirty looks off the aul wans to cover yours :P

Pick the dirtiest one, and consider that from me. Dirtiest look now, not dirtiest aul wan!

I would have went on the beg. Or showed up wearing a sign saying 'Will drop pants for tattoo' :p

I wanted a tattoo, not to be laughed at... :(

I wanted a tattoo, not to be laughed at... :(
    They'd be laughing out the other side of their faces if it worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Been texting my guy all day, trying to finalise a date and it's done for January 5th. YAY!!! :D He's gonna finish the Alien tatt and start work on a couple of new ones. He wants to do Leatherface and this Mike Myers one. Not sure on the Mike Myers one though - opinions please?

232662.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Been texting my guy all day, trying to finalise a date and it's done for January 5th. YAY!!! :D He's gonna finish the Alien tatt and start work on a couple of new ones. He wants to do Leatherface and this Mike Myers one. Not sure on the Mike Myers one though - opinions please?

Can't wait to see how the Alien tattoo turns out. Who's your tattooist again if you don't mind me asking?

That's a pretty good portait of leatherface. Say that'd go well alongside Alien, or are you getting it somewhere else? Nice colours in it.

Though this really would be a much cooler Mike Myers tattoo :P

57542_1204742786272_full.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yay tats although I'm not fan of that Myers pic. Something about the colours and the fact that he's looking down.

Had a quick looksee and I like this (with or without the flames):Michael_Myers___Halloween_by_kruemel_sangerhausen.png

Alternatively there is a more classic:
    shNOTvaMz7C05LxBOWpakfJVWHc.jpg

And finally there's this one which I can't decide if I like or not it's a bit different.
    michael-myers-vinny-john-usuriello.jpg

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how the Alien tattoo turns out. Who's your tattooist again if you don't mind me asking?

I know - can't wait myself. :D My tattooist is Heretic Tri, (Colin Byrne), his gallery is here: http://www.wickedskin.ie/colinbyrne/
    FoxyVixen wrote: »
    That's a pretty good portait of leatherface. Say that'd go well alongside Alien, or are you getting it somewhere else? Nice colours in it.

No, the Alien is on my left side, it's going to be incorporated into an AVP sleeve. The Leatherface/Hannibal Lecter, Mike Myers etc. will be on my right arm, added to Freddy and Pinhead already there.

57542_1204742786272_full.jpg
    Orim wrote: »
    Yay tats although I'm not fan of that Myers pic. Something about the colours and the fact that he's looking down.

Had a quick looksee and I like this (with or without the flames):Michael_Myers___Halloween_by_kruemel_sangerhausen.png

Ohhh....I like that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

On a completely different note I've decided to get a Peter Pan tattoo :p

keane2097 wrote: »
    On a completely different note I've decided to get a Peter Pan tattoo :p

An actual Pan tattoo or something based on the story? Ala Hook or Rufio?

RUFIO! RUFIO! RUFIO!

RUFIO! RUFIO! RUFIO!

I'd been thinking about a sleeve with the map as the central theme but am very tempted by the silhouettes of Pan and all the children in flight along with one of my favourite quotes, possibly "If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing".

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/436544/232662.jpg
    It's really cool, but I wouldn't be a big fan of the ripped up mask, I would prefer it intact!

RUFIO! RUFIO! RUFIO!
    RU! FI! OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

RU! FI! OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Chemistry Teacher

I should have gone out tonight. I hate this country for the fact that I can't go out late at night.

Although I've had time to go through my comics and I think this is going to be my batman tattoo

arkham_asylum_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

So I decided 'Feck my chest infection' and went out tonight. I'm now píssed drunk and spilled soup down my top and burned myself. Wahey! :D:D:D:D I may have also drunk texted one of the regs here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    So I decided 'Feck my chest infection' and went out tonight. I'm now píssed drunk and spilled soup down my top and burned myself. Wahey! :D:D:D:D I may have also drunk texted one of the regs here. :pac:

Ha ya drunk :p

On a tattoo note have the itch myself and since my next appointments with remis arent till March and April I'm hoping I can get in with paolo in skin city again over Xmas get more work done on the arm :)

Also have my next two pieces decided a half leg sleeve of black and grey day of the dead with red roses on one side, the skulls black and grey with red roses on the other side is what I'm thinking, then the other one being a tmnt piece turtles rule :D now I just need loads of money.

Chemistry Teacher
    Lewd, crude, rude, bag of pre chewed food dude!

Nice choice! I'll be getting a batman tattoo some day, I'm just not sure what or when yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Nice choice! I'll be getting a batman tattoo some day, I'm just not sure what or when yet though.

Bangarang!!!! Hook what a great film haha

I love Batman imagery too! would like to get something in that line myself - Maybe something with batman and joker together!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Ink daaaaaaaay :pac::pac::pac:

Though I do have to wait til 4 o'clock :mad:

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Oh my God, what the feckin' hell are ya like?? Hang your head in shame woman!! :pac:
    Sofaspud wrote: »
    Ink daaaaaaaay :pac::pac::pac:

Though I do have to wait til 4 o'clock :mad:

homer-woohoo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Nearsighted gynecologist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

All this "Hook" talk plus me being bored at work led me to come across this!! funny out lol :p (sorry dont know how to embed a pic!! :( )

[mod edit]
    Image is NSFW!!!!!!

Have to say I love the idea of a Peter Pan sleeve, so much ya could do with that, and with the colours it could be amazing.

And to reiterate others sentiment

Rufio Rufio Rufiooo

As I said earlier in the thread, I have an artistic streak a hair's breadth across so if anyone wants to give me any ideas of what they think would be cool I'd be very happy to hear them.

I've always loved this vista of Neverland from Hook:

Flying-465x189.jpg

Especially the compass in the ocean just offshore. What's missing a little bit is obviously detail from the island itself - while you'd be able to do a view like that with the Jolly Roger visible you probably couldn't fit in stuff like the Indian settlement, skull rock etc:

neverlandmap2.jpg

I've always loved this vista of Neverland from Hook:

Flying-465x189.jpg

My two cents anyway, I think that image of neverland would work brilliant as the focal point encompassing your elbow then as it moves towards one end getting darker, with characters of hook with an evil smile , smee, the pirates maybe even the crocodile, with the pirate ship in the background with rain etc , the the other end getting brighter with Peter pan the lost boys, Tinkerbell etc with trees, the fairys houses sun shining etc.

Hope that makes sense because in my head it looks amazing, I just garbage drawing skills of a two year old

Any thoughts on an artist that would be worth talking to about the idea?

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on an artist that would be worth talking to about the idea?

I'd say Rob mulligan would be a good shout especially if you go for something like Marty suggested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement