Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

last night my lip piercing came out during sleep :o dunno how it managed to do that, but I woke up around 4 and noticed it missing when I went to the bathroom, started looking frantically for it, managed to find it but it was like the hole was already healing up! :eek: tried to put the piercing back in, but it was incredibly painful and I nearly feinted when I got it through, had to sit down for a moment before screwing the ball back on because I was so dizzy. not fun at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

gregers85 wrote: »
    Once your enjoying the excersize it no longer becomes horrible!! Unless u play rugby and your looking out the window all day at work and the taughts of rolling around in the rain nd muck tonight are slowly killing your soul haha :p

I used to play rugby, but was never allowed do more than tag rugby, due to being female and extremely short. :pac: Now, I just go to all the Leinster matches and scream like a man when we get a try. :pac:

I do love the exercise, but it IS horrible. I hate the actual stuff we do, but the feeling you get after is great, plus who doesn't like getting a bit hot and sweaty now and then? ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    last night my lip piercing came out during sleep :o dunno how it managed to do that, but I woke up around 4 and noticed it missing when I went to the bathroom, started looking frantically for it, managed to find it but it was like the hole was already healing up! :eek: tried to put the piercing back in, but it was incredibly painful and I nearly feinted when I got it through, had to sit down for a moment before screwing the ball back on because I was so dizzy. not fun at all.

Dunno if it'd work because I have no piercings, but when my sister's lip piercing came out and it started to close up, she put loads of Anbesol (an anti-septic that kind of numbs the area a little bit) on it before sticking it back in. She said the pain wasn't too bad using that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ah it's back in there now, so no worries :p but it was blindingly painful at the time!

I always find that screaming abuse at whatever body part is hurting me makes me feel better mentally, if not physically. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I used to play rugby, but was never allowed do more than tag rugby, due to being female and extremely short. :pac: Now, I just go to all the Leinster matches and scream like a man when we get a try. :pac:

I do love the exercise, but it IS horrible. I hate the actual stuff we do, but the feeling you get after is great, plus who doesn't like getting a bit hot and sweaty now and then? ;)

I do the same for the Munster matches!! cept not a lot to scream about lately :p haha Im doing strongman training at the moment in the evenings too have to say its so tough but feel great afterwards!!

I do the same for the Munster matches!! cept not a lot to scream about lately :p haha Im doing strongman training at the moment in the evenings too have to say its so tough but feel great afterwards!!

I'm sorry, I stopped reading and shook my head in disgust at the realisation that people actually support Munster. :rolleyes: :pac:

Strongman training? Jesus christ, and I thought I was doing great moving up to the top weight class in my fitness programme. :eek: The top weight class for what we do is only 20kg! :eek::pac: What do you do in training? :)

I'm sorry, I stopped reading and shook my head in disgust at the realisation that people actually support Munster. :rolleyes: :pac:

Strongman training? Jesus christ, and I thought I was doing great moving up to the top weight class in my fitness programme. :eek: The top weight class for what we do is only 20kg! :eek::pac: What do you do in training? :)

haha i know, Munster supporters we're awful right..... haha I even have the crest tattoo'd ;) die hard me! :p

Its like a circuit we do bout 10-12 exercises - stuff like military press, sled pulls, sled pushes, beating sledge hammers, tyre flips, some kettle bell exercises, dead lifts etc! your man who does it is really good changes it every week keeps it interested and unbelievably hard haha

haha i know, Munster supporters we're awful right..... haha I even have the crest tattoo'd ;) die hard me! :p

Its like a circuit we do bout 10-12 exercises - stuff like military press, sled pulls, sled pushes, beating sledge hammers, tyre flips, some kettle bell exercises, dead lifts etc! your man who does it is really good changes it every week keeps it interested and unbelievably hard haha

Haha, I was considering a Leinster tattoo, but my dad said he'd kill me, even though he's the biggest Leinster fan I've ever met!

Damn. We do lots of circuits but it's stuff like lunges and kettlebell lifts together, 100s (where you balance your body weight using only your lower back) while twisting kettlebells, push ups, stuff like that. There's one thing I can't do called side planking, I keep falling over when I try it, ha! They love me 'cause I can do 'men's' push ups (ie I don't need to put my knees on the ground like women should do) and nobody else can. :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

WHAT HAS MY LIFE BECOME WHEN I'M HAPPY ABOUT HORRIBLE EXERCISE?

Fúck, I must be getting healthy. :pac:

It's a shock to the system alright, either looking forward to it or getting pissed off when ye don't have a chance to do it. Never thought my brain would process thoughts like that!

I had my work do on Friday - lots of free beverages. Still woke up at 8am though :rolleyes: Had another power nap and went out Saturday night only to pass out at about 3 before waking up again at about 7. Of course then ye'd think I'd be shattered enough to have a proper sleep last night but nooooo, half 2 this morning my brain decided to have a good aul think about irrelevant crap.

Did manage to have chats about tattoos over the weekend though, got the brain thinking about some ideas and I'm gonna have to start putting them all together soon :D

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    It's a shock to the system alright, either looking forward to it or getting pissed off when ye don't have a chance to do it. Never thought my brain would process thoughts like that!

I had my work do on Friday - lots of free beverages. Still woke up at 8am though :rolleyes: Had another power nap and went out Saturday night only to pass out at about 3 before waking up again at about 7. Of course then ye'd think I'd be shattered enough to have a proper sleep last night but nooooo, half 2 this morning my brain decided to have a good aul think about irrelevant crap.

Did manage to have chats about tattoos over the weekend though, got the brain thinking about some ideas and I'm gonna have to start putting them all together soon :D

Oh god yeah. Last night, I decided I NEEDED to go for a run even though it's pretty dangerous for anyone in my area to go out running alone at night, but my need to do it meant I was ignoring the danger aspect. :pac:

haha, sounds like a fun weekend in all fairness, though! Free drink? I'd be dead! What ideas do you have?? :)

Haha, I was considering a Leinster tattoo, but my dad said he'd kill me, even though he's the biggest Leinster fan I've ever met!

Damn. We do lots of circuits but it's stuff like lunges and kettlebell lifts together, 100s (where you balance your body weight using only your lower back) while twisting kettlebells, push ups, stuff like that. There's one thing I can't do called side planking, I keep falling over when I try it, ha! They love me 'cause I can do 'men's' push ups (ie I don't need to put my knees on the ground like women should do) and nobody else can. :pac:

Ya I hate the plank its a bitch haha we do it using 2 gym balls a large one and a small one and balance between them! 30-45 seconds nd im gone haha (we dont do the side plank like this tho just regular haha) `good on yu!! how many can u do??

Ya I hate the plank its a bitch haha we do it using 2 gym balls a large one and a small one and balance between them! 30-45 seconds nd im gone haha (we dont do the side plank like this tho just regular haha) `good on yu!! how many can u do??

Yeah, we do planks like that, too! I can do regular planks, I find them really easy to be honest, but make me do a side plank and I'll end up falling over so many times that I concuss myself! :pac: We only do them for a minute at a time, thank god. :) I'm not sure, I've been getting better each week, but last count was 30 before I collapse in a heap and refuse to move for a few minutes. :pac: Dunno how my little arms are holding me up so well, I'm not exactly skinny! :pac:

Oh god yeah. Last night, I decided I NEEDED to go for a run even though it's pretty dangerous for anyone in my area to go out running alone at night, but my need to do it meant I was ignoring the danger aspect. :pac:

haha, sounds like a fun weekend in all fairness, though! Free drink? I'd be dead! What ideas do you have?? :)

It's actually something I really like about my area - I could head out at midnight and I'd feel perfectly safe (not that I've ever done that... *ahem*). Maybe you could incorporate the danger aspect to get your times up? :D I have the Zombies, Run! app on me phone, I must get using it when I get a playlist set up for it.

I kinda have a bit of a mishmash in my head - one idea is loosely based around the theme of Freedom, with some song lyrics, maybe something car-related, landscapes and the sea... then there's another part of me that just wants big feck-off skulls and flowers down my leg :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It's actually something I really like about my area - I could head out at midnight and I'd feel perfectly safe (not that I've ever done that... *ahem*). Maybe you could incorporate the danger aspect to get your times up? :D I have the Zombies, Run! app on me phone, I must get using it when I get a playlist set up for it.

I kinda have a bit of a mishmash in my head - one idea is loosely based around the theme of Freedom, with some song lyrics, maybe something car-related, landscapes and the sea... then there's another part of me that just wants big feck-off skulls and flowers down my leg :pac:

Zombies , run app sound interesting :pac: must look it up.

On the tattoos I love the idea car related tattoo :), and skulls and flowers are always a winner in my book :cool:.

haha, yeah I'll just remember there are loads of scumbags and switch from a normal running pace to a sprint, great idea! :pac: What's that app? I only have a shíte phone, I'll rectify that after Xmas though :)

Ha, when are you planning on getting something done? :) I'm not a fan of skull tattoos, but I have a flower one and love flowers when they're done nicely. :)

Yeah, we do planks like that, too! I can do regular planks, I find them really easy to be honest, but make me do a side plank and I'll end up falling over so many times that I concuss myself! :pac: We only do them for a minute at a time, thank god. :) I'm not sure, I've been getting better each week, but last count was 30 before I collapse in a heap and refuse to move for a few minutes. :pac: Dunno how my little arms are holding me up so well, I'm not exactly skinny! :pac:

Thats what its about tho getting better and fitter every week ans seeing improvement! its hard to keep at something if you dont like it or see results!! im tryna hold up 17 stone1 ur grand shur haha :p
    Ya my area is great for running too! even if it wasnt i dont thinkk id be bothered I run with my 2 German Shepherds and they love there Daddy haha :p

I have skulls and flowers already, and I love 'em in tattoo form. I guess I wanna leave those ideas for impulse tattoos as I know I'll always like them.

I'm not sure how I'd incorporate the car/driving element into the rest of the tattoo - I was thinking maybe doing a scene from a drivers perspective. It's something I'll have to get researching. :D

And a link to the app: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

And a link to the app: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Rule number 1 in ZombieLand: Cardio :p

Oh God, kill me now.

My whole body is like jelly. That was one hell of a class. :( Much tougher than any of the other ones I've done. BUT, I've made huge improvements on several of the sets, so I guess it's worth it. Seriously though, I can't even take a drink of water 'cause my arms are shaking so much I'm spilling it down my top. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It'll all be worth it!!!

/scoffs toast

I've decided it's not worth it. :( I'm so shakey that my knees buckled when I was walking and I slammed the side of my head off of my door frame just a minute ago. :(:(

Probably my own fault for pushing myself too far while I'm still sick. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've decided it's not worth it. :( I'm so shakey that my knees buckled when I was walking and I slammed the side of my head off of my door frame just a minute ago. :(:(

Probably my own fault for pushing myself too far while I'm still sick. :pac:

I'll just leave this here...
    small.214wheelchair.jpg

I'll just leave this here...

Someone should get me a wheelchair, seriously. I'm forever falling over and falling into things. :pac: If life were a survival of the fittest type of set up, I'd have been dead by the time I left the womb. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I emailed Horiyoshi's website about getting tattooed if I go to Japan this Summer, figured nothing would come of it cause of the way tattoo appointments are so short out there and he's so renowned but thought it wouldn't hurt. Anyway just checked my email and he replied saying to email back 2-3 months before coming to Japan and to include as much detail as possible about the tattoo design :eek: Didn't expect that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I emailed Horiyoshi's website about getting tattooed if I go to Japan this Summer, figured nothing would come of it cause of the way tattoo appointments are so short out there and he's so renowned but thought it wouldn't hurt. Anyway just checked my email and he replied saying to email back 2-3 months before coming to Japan and to include as much detail as possible about the tattoo design :eek: Didn't expect that at all.

Nice one!! Bet that turns out amazing! Any ideas what you want done?

Nice one!! Bet that turns out amazing! Any ideas what you want done?

I really didn't give it that much thought! :P I wasn't even expecting a reply really, I sorta sent the email off cause I thought it would be a cool thing to do whilst there, and I wanna see how painful the handpoking really is :pac: I really like his style of lotus flowers though, I'll have to start looking seriously now.

I really didn't give it that much thought! :P I wasn't even expecting a reply really, I sorta sent the email off cause I thought it would be a cool thing to do whilst there, and I wanna see how painful the handpoking really is :pac: I really like his style of lotus flowers though, I'll have to start looking seriously now.

Make sure you have a good long look for what you want now! Bet you were shocked to get a reply. :pac:

Bet you were shocked to get a reply. :pac:

Shocked doesn't even come close :P

• Advertisement

Shocked doesn't even come close :P

Awh, I'm delighted for ya mate! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement