Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Seven days, 84 hours of work done and dusted, now no more work till January :). Let the drinking commence :D.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I demand drunkyposts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

jenizzle wrote: »

Last time he was drunk, he spent ages telling me I'm 'posh' and mimicking my accent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You wanna try having my accent around drunken southerners...

What accent have you got?

I don't think I have much of an accent, really. I think people just expect me to because I've been living in Coolock for most of my life, but I also did elocution lessons for 10 or 12 years so it's ingrained in me to speak properly. I never really lost the 'Clontarf' (or 'cluntorf' in their accent) accent I grew up with. :pac: Handy for job interviews, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ah the poor wee buck are those southerners being wile mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I don't think I have much of an accent, really..

No one can ever hear their own accent though.. In my internal speaker my voice is accentless and normal.. When I hear recording of it, that's whole other story. I'd nearly stop speaking if I didn't have so much to say about everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

No one can ever hear their own accent though.. In my internal speaker my voice is accentless and normal.. When I hear recording of it, that's whole other story. I'd nearly stop speaking if I didn't have so much to say about everything :)

Yep I agree! I work in a call centre nd we often have to listen back to our own calls for training purposes! its awful listening to the thick Limerick Accent on me haha

I've heard myself speaking and singing and I still think I have feck all of an accent. :pac: I'm sure Marty is right and I'm a posh ass really. :pac:

gregers, where in Limerick are ya from? I lived there for a year and developed such a thick Limerick accent, it was hilarious. :pac:

gregers, where in Limerick are ya from? I lived there for a year and developed such a thick Limerick accent, it was hilarious. :pac:

I live just outside the cìty, just passed Corbally there (technically its Clare but we wont get into that here :P)

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    I live just outside the cìty, just passed Corbally there (technically its Clare but we wont get into that here :P)

:pac: Clare sounds so much better than Limerick, though! That said, everyone calls that area Limerick. :) I used to live in a tiny little dump called Herbertstown. I think there were about 50 people in it. :pac:

:pac: Clare sounds so much better than Limerick, though! That said, everyone calls that area Limerick. :) I used to live in a tiny little dump called Herbertstown. I think there were about 50 people in it. :pac:

Jaysus what manner of madness led you there haha Ya most people living out where I am dont even realise its Clare! I'm a Limerick Man tho! My parents are from the city and all my family so always considered myself Limerick! The Clare address comes in handy for car insurance tho ;) haha

Jaysus what manner of madness led you there haha Ya most people living out where I am dont even realise its Clare! I'm a Limerick Man tho! My parents are from the city and all my family so always considered myself Limerick! The Clare address comes in handy for car insurance tho ;) haha

I don't even know. We'll call it a weak moment where I'd done too many drugs. :pac: It was awful, the nearest corner shop was EIGHT KM AWAY. :pac:

Ooh yeah, I forgot that it'd be good for insurance. Guess these things don't occur to me 'cause I don't drive yet. I'm fúcked when I do start, I live 5 minutes from Dublin City Centre. :pac:

Yep I agree! I work in a call centre nd we often have to listen back to our own calls for training purposes! its awful listening to the thick Limerick Accent on me haha

That's a rough one to have! haha
    I've heard myself speaking and singing and I still think I have feck all of an accent. :pac: I'm sure Marty is right and I'm a posh ass really. :pac:

Eh, can northside folk be truly posh? ;)

Eh, can northside folk be truly posh? ;)

I know you're just being a twit ( :p ), but I don't think so! I think it's more a case of comparisons. Comparatively, I speak a little bit posh because everyone else around me (family included) have thick scanger accents. :pac:

My accent is fookin' horrendous. I know I'm a bogger, but when I hear it back it's even worse than I imagine. Ye'd think that 10 years living in Dublin would weaken it a little but not a chance. There's just something really unladylike about it - although that's probably down to what I'm saying, not the way I'm saying it :pac:

I don't even know. We'll call it a weak moment where I'd done too many drugs. :pac: It was awful, the nearest corner shop was EIGHT KM AWAY. :pac:

Ooh yeah, I forgot that it'd be good for insurance. Guess these things don't occur to me 'cause I don't drive yet. I'm fúcked when I do start, I live 5 minutes from Dublin City Centre. :pac:

HaHa I wouldn be made for the small rural town life myself have to say!!
    Yu can get away with not driving in dublin tho! I have a half hr drive to work every day nd theres only a few buses in and out nd none of the times ever suit haha
    That's a rough one to have! haha

Cheers Pal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

People should need a license to have kids

0116775364f10de1637b3b9b1791ff91.jpg

OK, so the kid is young and shouldn't be getting tattooed, but I think it's good that at least the parent is taking some sort of an interest in what their child is doing to their body, and is ensuring they don't head down to a scratcher.

Interest in their kid or not, she shouldn't be letting her get tattooed at 14.

• Advertisement

I agree with ye - and fair play to the Inkwell lads, they replied saying that they "operate strictly an over 18's policy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah saw that on facebook earlier, crazy stuff.

Can't see it cause i'm on my phone but letting a kid get tattooed is wrong no matter what the reason. Also, i'm drinking, yay beer :)

Drinking during daylight hours on a Wednesday?! Disgraceful! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Drinking during daylight hours on a Wednesday?! Disgraceful! :P

Jealous? I know I am.

Although I'm still a little fuzzy from the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ill try my best although in my drunken states I find it a struggle to string a sentence together in text messages so god knows how I would get on trying to do it here.
    Last time he was drunk, he spent ages telling me I'm 'posh' and mimicking my accent :pac:

Thats cause yeh are posh :p, you might live in Coolock but the Clontarf is still strong in ya ;).

Ill try my best although in my drunken states I find it a struggle to string a sentence together in text messages so god knows how I would get on trying to do it here.

Thats cause yeh are posh :p, you might live in Coolock but the Clontarf is still strong in ya ;).

His texts make absolutely no sense when he's drunk, can't wait to see drunken boards posting. :pac:

.... Fúck off. :mad:

His texts make absolutely no sense when he's drunk, can't wait to see drunken boards posting. :pac:

.... Fúck off. :mad:

You mean like this one?

Orim wrote: »
    You mean like this one?

I'm sober, thank you very much! :P

• Advertisement

I'm sober, thank you very much! :P

A likely story. May I point to your poor quoting as exhibit A.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement