Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Adiboo wrote: »
    Indian is my go to hangover food. I could wreck a saag aloo right now and i'm not even hungover!

I'm gonna convince my dad to make me a vindaloo when I can stomach it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Ha, I told you before I can't handle greasy food when I'm hungover! And the ice cream could kill me. :p Holy mother of jesus, how the hell can you eat that much? :eek:

I was starving its not that hard ;). Yeh not being able for any dairy products must suck :p.

That is the most disgusting post I've ever read......

You dont know what your missing out on :p, it was amazing. Best pizzeria in Dublin that do a few unique things aswell :).

I was starving its not that hard ;). Yeh not being able for any dairy products must suck :p.

Even if I was starving, I wouldn't be able to eat even half of that. Jealous of you, you shouldn't be so thin when you eat like that! ..... Píss off, it's horrible. :( I think I have soy ice cream in the freezer though, yay. :)

Even if I was starving, I wouldn't be able to eat even half of that. Jealous of you, you shouldn't be so thin when you eat like that! ..... Píss off, it's horrible. :( I think I have soy ice cream in the freezer though, yay. :)

As I said before my metabolism kicks ass really :). Ive never had soy ice cream but that just sounds so wrong bet its hasnt a patch on the real thing :p.

Im sitting here stuffed and watching myself on the tele, sorted.

As I said before my metabolism kicks ass really :). Ive never had soy ice cream but that just sounds so wrong bet its hasnt a patch on the real thing :p.

Im sitting here stuffed and watching myself on the tele, sorted.

I know, I want your metabolism. :( Swap? :) haha, it's all right, not as nice as normal ice cream, but I don't eat ice cream often anyway so it does the job :)

What channel are you on? :p

• Advertisement

I know, I want your metabolism. :( Swap? :) haha, it's all right, not as nice as normal ice cream, but I don't eat ice cream often anyway so it does the job :)

What channel are you on? :p

Nah my metabolism is good here with me ;). id be lost on those really bad hangover days without ice cream ive had days were its been the only thing I could get into me ha.

Im on RTE 1 nearly over though.

Nah my metabolism is good here with me ;). id be lost on those really bad hangover days without ice cream ive had days were its been the only thing I could get into me ha.

Im on RTE 1 nearly over though.

I'd give you something in return to make it worth your while. :):p haha, I have days where I can only hold down water and coffee, hopefully today isn't one of those days. :(

Awh no. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That is the most disgusting post I've ever read......

Saying a lot for somebody who posts in the lady's lounge :P:pac:

Awh no. :(

Ah dont worry im back on tele again at 1.30 tomorrow there showing part 3 :).

Ah dont worry im back on tele again at 1.30 tomorrow there showing part 3 :).

Since I'm not drinking tonight, I should be awake for that, yay. :)

I've decided not to wait til January 1st to quit smoking. I'm gonna quit tonight once the last 3 in my box are gone. Wish me luck, guys! I'll bloody need it, ha!

• Advertisement

I've decided not to wait til January 1st to quit smoking. I'm gonna quit tonight once the last 3 in my box are gone. Wish me luck, guys! I'll bloody need it, ha!

Best of luck you can do it :), as someone whos now off the smokes a year and 1 month it wont be easy, I still get the odd craving from time to time especially with drink on me but worth it in the long run your bank account will thank you plus your lungs every morning when you wake up.

Best thing I ever did.

Best of luck you can do it :), as someone whos now off the smokes a year and 1 month it wont be easy, I still get the odd craving from time to time especially with drink on me but worth it in the long run your bank account will thank you plus your lungs every morning when you wake up.

Best thing I ever did.

My mam constantly buys me smokes so my bank balance won't be affected too much. :p

I'm determined to do it. :) I want to keep improving my fitness levels and while I'm doing really well and improving constantly at the moment, I don't want to get to a stage where I just can't improve anymore because my lungs are in a heap. I'll probably be bitching at you through text for a while about how desperate I am for a smoke though, I'll need pep talks. :p

Saying a lot for somebody who posts in the lady's lounge :P:pac:

:pac: why what the hell does be going on in the ladies lounge :confused:
    My mam constantly buys me smokes so my bank balance won't be affected too much. :p

I'm determined to do it. :) I want to keep improving my fitness levels and while I'm doing really well and improving constantly at the moment, I don't want to get to a stage where I just can't improve anymore because my lungs are in a heap. I'll probably be bitching at you through text for a while about how desperate I am for a smoke though, I'll need pep talks. :p

Spoiled rotten :P.

Ah im good at pep talks so feel free to ask for them :), try reading Allen Carrs Easy Way to Give Up Smoking I started reading it after Id already given up and found it helped me, it does get repeptitive and does brain wash you to a certain extent but it helped me so could be worth a look.

Spoiled rotten :P.

Ah im good at pep talks so feel free to ask for them :), try reading Allen Carrs Easy Way to Give Up Smoking I started reading it after Id already given up and found it helped me, it does get repeptitive and does brain wash you to a certain extent but it helped me so could be worth a look.

You don't want to know what goes on in the ladies lounge. :pac:

Awh, thanks hun. :) I have that book lying around somewhere, I'll give it a shot. I'm just going to have to find other things to do to distract myself and keep my hands and mouth busy. :) That sounds so wrong. :pac:

I actually have no idea I just always thought it sounded.... icky :P
    You don't want to know what goes on in the ladies lounge. :pac:

Reckon I'm right. Don't need to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Ladies lounge terrifies me.... Too many women in it...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Mylina wrote: »
    Ladies lounge terrifies me.... Too many women in it...... :D

Is there not more women in the lads place and more men in the wimms?

Arawn wrote: »

This is getting confusing :pac:, so what there loads of men creeping around the ladies lounge and loads of women creeping around the mens? Starting to sound like a haven for perverts:pac:.

Arawn wrote: »

Nah, not really. There are plenty of women and men in both, but in general the men outweigh the women in tGC and the women outweigh the men in tLL.

I prefer tGC personally. tLL is too womanly for my liking. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Starting to sound like a haven for perverts:pac:.

Kinda reminds me of this place :P
    Good luck with the smokes lynda. It's tough but well worth it. If your stuck I'll help out by taking any smokes from you :p

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Kinda reminds me of this place :P
    Good luck with the smokes lynda. It's tough but well worth it. If your stuck I'll help out by taking any smokes from you :p

I might actually take you up on that offer! Last time I tried to quit, I had my mates (all smokers) agree to take as many smokes from me as possible on a night out. I used to fail spectacularly on nights out because with drink in me, I NEEDED a smoke, so I'd buy a box. Because I always give smokes to whoever asks for one when I'm drunk, I got my mates to ask me constantly so that I'd end up only having 2 or so from the pack. :pac:

Must drag you on a few nights out when I quit. :pac:

Mylina wrote: »
    Ladies lounge terrifies me.... Too many *men pretending to be* women in it...... :D

Don't blame ya :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Best of luck Lynda. I'll be doing it myself on January 1st. I have the Nicorette inhaler here with lots of refills. Will you use something or just stop?

Best of luck Lynda. I'll be doing it myself on January 1st. I have the Nicorette inhaler here with lots of refills. Will you use something or just stop?

I dont know about Lynda but personally I found just stopping best, apart from reading the Allen Carr book about a week after I decided to stop that was it. Even with the nicorette your body is still gtting what it craves so it will keep on craving it, going cold turkey as they say it takes three weeks for yor body to be nicotine free after that point its mostly in your head it about the habit not the craving for nicotine.

Like Marty said, I prefer the idea of doing it cold turkey. I tried doing it before and using e-cigs but that didn't stop the addiction, it just made it slightly healthier. :pac:

I'll be stopping completely. One smoke left, so within an hour I'll be quitting. Kill me now. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I dont know about Lynda but personally I found just stopping best, apart from reading the Allen Carr book about a week after I decided to stop that was it. Even with the nicorette your body is still gtting what it craves so it will keep on craving it, going cold turkey as they say it takes three weeks for yor body to be nicotine free after that point its mostly in your head it about the habit not the craving for nicotine.

Yeah, I'll just use them for a while, I'm not that strong! But it has to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I've been off them since the summer, and any time I've given up (went off them for a few months 3 or 4 times) I found it easier to think of it as becoming a non-smoker, rather than giving up smoking.
    It's weird but it works, don't "give up smoking", instead just decide you don't smoke anymore. It's all psychological and whatnot.

I really need to quit to help my savings but I just love smoking. I really want one now but I can't be arsed going to the shop.

Just finished me a dinner and now for a whiskey. Sick of tea :pac:

Just had my last smoke. Eek! I have another pack that are unopened but I've got my sister to lock them in her room so I can't touch them. :pac:

• Advertisement

Good luck :D

Why have you got unopened packs around the house? Seems like madness :pac:Although last time I gave up I had one pack left that I had with me and would have a smoke whenever I felt like I really needed it. My theory was that it would stop me getting really bad cravings and going buying smokes and having a load of them at once.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement