Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Orim wrote: »
    Good luck :D

Why have you got unopened packs around the house? Seems like madness :pac:Although last time I gave up I had one pack left that I had with me and would have a smoke whenever I felt like I really needed it. My theory was that it would stop me getting really bad cravings and going buying smokes and having a load of them at once.

Ah, I always have some around the house so that I never run out. :pac: I don't generally run out anyway, but I'd usually go nuts if I ran out at night time and couldn't get to a shop.

Ah well. Hopefully I won't have to think about that again! I'm determined to quit, whereas I wasn't particularly determined on past attempts, so hopefully I'll stay off them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think that's the main thing, really wanting to give up. I think that's why a lot of people fail is because they don't really want to give up it's always for someone else, or money, or whatever.

Do they do a smokers anonymous type of thing? They really should because I read before that the smokes are harder to kick then heroin.

I think that's the main thing, really wanting to give up. I think that's why a lot of people fail is because they don't really want to give up it's always for someone else, or money, or whatever.

Do they do a smokers anonymous type of thing? They really should because I read before that the smokes are harder to kick then heroin.

Could be useful for other people, but I'd never go to an anonymous meeting. Too much focus on some god or spiritual higher power for my liking. I'll stick with my atheist beliefs and just obsessively chew gum until the cravings subside. :)

Oh completely. there must be some non BS support groups you can go to. I'd say there is a load of people out there who be better off with some kind of support for their problems but don't go because of the whole higher power shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

All this smoke talk is driving me mad! I ran out yesterday and too broke to pick up a pack!

• Advertisement

Pluck some leaves from outside and skin up with paper :pac:

It's only been an hour at most and I want a smoke. I know that's psychological though cause I can easily go 10 hours without a smoke. I went 8 hours without one the other night when I was out on a drive, so I'm being silly now.

You lot are gonna become my new support group. ;)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    You lot are gonna become my new support group. ;)

Have you opened yourself up to the loving power of Jesus Christ?

Have you opened yourself up to the loving power of Jesus Christ?

205857o.jpg

In other words, no. No, I haven't.

In other words, no. No, I haven't.

Ah well you're fecked then. No moral fortitude without belonging to the right religion. Sure you'll be out killing people with the guidance of God to tell you that killing people is wrong.

Just as a tip something I did before was to put the price of a packet of smokes into a non-smoking jar. It was great for being a visual for what you were saving plus if I was at home whenever I got a craving I'd go and count the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I posted in here a few times when I was trying to give up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=871

If the support in here aint enough ;), one thing I read that for some reason stuck with me was this as smokers we all really love that first smoke after a good meal we have this feeling that its the best smoke of the day and how non smokers just dont understand how amazing it is, but think of the non smoker sat oppossite you in that restauraunt while your sat there itching for that smoke looking outside in envy of smokers out in the cold and cant rest easy until you have it so you can finally bask in the glory of that fine meal with a smoke, now look at the non smoker there sat back in there chair completely content smiling delgithed with there meal already with no need whatsoever to get that nicotine crutch into there system in order to fully feel satisfied after the meal.

Now I know that sounds a tad bit preachy but it was one thought that worked for me when I was giving up :pac:. I probably didnt word it right either :pac:.

I posted in here a few times when I was trying to give up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=871

If the support in here aint enough ;), one thing I read that for some reason stuck with me was this as smokers we all really love that first smoke after a good meal we have this feeling that its the best smoke of the day and how non smokers just dont understand how amazing it is, but think of the non smoker sat oppossite you in that restauraunt while your sat there itching for that smoke looking outside in envy of smokers out in the cold and cant rest easy until you have it so you can finally bask in the glory of that fine meal with a smoke, now look at the non smoker there sat back in there chair completely content smiling delgithed with there meal already with no need whatsoever to get that nicotine crutch into there system in order to fully feel satisfied after the meal.

Now I know that sounds a tad bit preachy but it was one thought that worked for me when I was giving up :pac:. I probably didnt word it right either :pac:.

I'm fooked so. I hate smoking after I eat. :pac:

The only times I really enjoy smoking are when I wake up, and before I go to bed. Tbh I'm just going to force myself to ignore the cravings. I gave up something I had a problem with a few years back and was able to ignore any cravings, so I'll just distract myself and keep my mouth occupied. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Just had my last smoke. Eek! I have another pack that are unopened but I've got my sister to lock them in her room so I can't touch them. :pac:

Hang in there girl!! Hope your sister is strong too! :P
    ...for some reason stuck with me was this as smokers we all really love that first smoke after a good meal we have this feeling that its the best smoke of the day...

The only times I really enjoy smoking are when I wake up, and before I go to bed...

Ye're missing the MOST important one folks, what about the smoke after a shag? I'm gonna have to give up sex too then, cos I just won't be able to cope! hahahahaha

Ah well you're fecked then. No moral fortitude without belonging to the right religion. Sure you'll be out killing people with the guidance of God to tell you that killing people is wrong.

Just as a tip something I did before was to put the price of a packet of smokes into a non-smoking jar. It was great for being a visual for what you were saving plus if I was at home whenever I got a craving I'd go and count the cash.

Sure its our lack of belief in religion that led us down this path to defile our body the temple that god gave us and it is this that shall lead us all to the gates of hell :pac::pac: man religion imo is the biggest bs that has ever been created by man I could rant but I wont :).

Hang in there girl!! Hope your sister is strong too! :P

Ah, I'm sure she'll have smoked them all by tomorrow! She smokes a hell of a lot more than I do. I would normally have 6 or so a day (down from 20-30 a day six months ago), she'd have 20 a day, and I know she's broke at the moment so I'm sure they'll be well gone by tomorrow. :pac:

@ Marty - ah sure my ma tells me that all the time. We're all going to hell, dontcha know? :)

I was told by a religious person last night 'I know you don't believe in God, but you KNOW he's real, right? You can believe in something different, but you KNOW the truth.' :pac:

I'm fooked so. I hate smoking after I eat. :pac:

The only times I really enjoy smoking are when I wake up, and before I go to bed. Tbh I'm just going to force myself to ignore the cravings. I gave up something I had a problem with a few years back and was able to ignore any cravings, so I'll just distract myself and keep my mouth occupied. :pac:

You must be the only smoker ever to not enjoy a smoke after a meal :pac:

But here I know how to get through to you. Take Marty's example but imagine you're in pub and you can't take drinks outside. Now think how much more drinking you can do by not smoking :pac:

Also I can't believe PKM didn't pick up on this one...
    I'll just distract myself and keep my mouth occupied.

Sure its our lack of belief in religion that led us down this path to defile our body the temple that god gave us and it is this that shall lead us all to the gates of hell :pac::pac: man religion imo is the biggest bs that has ever been created by man I could rant but I wont :).

I prefer to think of my tats as the stained glass windows of my temple.

You must be the only smoker ever to not enjoy a smoke after a meal :pac:

But here I know how to get through to you. Take Marty's example but imagine you're in pub and you can't take drinks outside. Now think how much more drinking you can do by not smoking :pac:

I know, I'm a weirdo. :pac: Oh shít, you've tapped into my inner alcoholic. Smoking will never be an issue again, now that you've worded it like that. :pac:

Ffs, I meant with chewing gum or something! :pac: Filthy perverts. :p

PMSL! My reputation precedes me!! :D :P

Oh yeah, Lynda, you shouldn't speak with your mouth full!

*runs quite fast!

:cool:

I know, I'm a weirdo. :pac: Oh shít, you've tapped into my inner alcoholic. Smoking will never be an issue again, now that you've worded it like that. :pac:

Ffs, I meant with chewing gum or something! :pac: Filthy perverts. :p

Grand so we'll use the alcohol to get you off the smokes. Then we'll use heroin to get you off the alcohol. And then if trainspotting is to be believed, getting off that should easy. Just need some mushroom soup.

• Advertisement

Grand so we'll use the alcohol to get you off the smokes. Then we'll use heroin to get you off the alcohol. And then if trainspotting is to be believed, getting off that should easy. Just need some mushroom soup.

Why would you ever try to get me off the alcohol? I'm a fcuking wonderful drunk! :pac:

@ Marty - ah sure my ma tells me that all the time. We're all going to hell, dontcha know? :)

I was told by a religious person last night 'I know you don't believe in God, but you KNOW he's real, right? You can believe in something different, but you KNOW the truth.' :pac:

:pac: ah I love religious people, I love to tell them fook that send me to hell if heavens going to be full of dry ****es like you ill be down in hell with all the cool people having a party :pac:, to which ive been told no youll be getting tortured:mad:, to which I reply fook that ill be one the ringleaders torturing all fookers :D they tend to then get this big confused look on there face :pac:.
    I prefer to think of my tats as the stained glass windows of my temple.

I like that one im sorry but I may have to rob that one on ya :).

:pac: ah I love religious people, I love to tell them fook that send me to hell if heavens going to be full of dry ****es like you ill be down in hell with all the cool people having a party :pac:, to which ive been told no youll be getting tortured:mad:, to which I reply fook that ill be one the ringleaders torturing all fookers :D they tend to then get this big confused look on there face :pac:.

I like that one im sorry but I may have to rob that one on ya :).

I usually just tell them to have fun leading their boring lives, because my life is so awesome, I'm willing to take the risk of being tortured. Tbh, religious people get sick of me pretty fast because I argue with everything they say. :pac:

I'm stealing it, too. Just sayin'.

Edit to say - can't believe I used the word 'awesome.' That's such a cnut of a word. I must seriously be hungover to use that. :pac:

I usually just tell them to have fun leading their boring lives, because my life is so awesome, I'm willing to take the risk of being tortured. Tbh, religious people get sick of me pretty fast because I argue with everything they say. :pac:

Reminds me of kind of a funny story - last year, on a sunny day, I was out cleaning the bike. It was warm, so I had no top on (tatts everywhere completely visible) I had Testament or Megadeth or something cranked on the sounds, bandana, shades, the works. These two boyos (Jehovah witnesses) came strolling into the driveway and asked me would I like to talk to them about God.....to which I turned and asked "Do I look like I give a f**k about religion?" They looked at each other, mumbled something and left. I haven't seen one near the house since. :D

Reminds me of kind of a funny story - last year, on a sunny day, I was out cleaning the bike. It was warm, so I had no top on (tatts everywhere completely visible) I had Testament or Megadeth or something cranked on the sounds, bandana, shades, the works. These two boyos (Jehovah witnesses) came strolling into the driveway and asked me would I like to talk to them about God.....to which I turned and asked "Do I look like I give a f**k about religion?" They looked at each other, mumbled something and left. I haven't seen one near the house since. :D

That.... is fcucking fantastic. :pac: :pac: Also <3 @ Testament.

I invited them in once when I was seriously bored and house sitting. I ended up convincing them I had a mental illness and some severe psychosis and they left after half an hour or so, with me calling them to come back and talk to my tree. I really need to find better ways of entertaining myself. :pac:

What an awesome story. Getting on the religious no-call list :pac:

Also :

That.... is fcucking fantastic. :pac: :pac: Also <3 @ Testament.

:D Ah yeah, Testament rule!! I remember when The New Order was released, I listened to it every day on my Walkman going in and out to work. smiley-music030.gif
    I invited them in once when I was seriously bored and house sitting. I ended up convincing them I had a mental illness and some severe psychosis and they left after half an hour or so, with me calling them to come back and talk to my tree. I really need to find better ways of entertaining myself. :pac:

Jaysus, you must have been REALLY bored!!! smiley-gen135.gif

Jaysus, you must have been REALLY bored!!! smiley-gen135.gif

I may also have been slightly drunk...... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've never had anyone come to the house to talk to me about Jesus, but it's happened a few times in Dublin on the street and that. I generally just cut them off with "I don't believe in a God, so don't waste both of our time".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I may be drinking...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement