Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Denny M wrote: »
    Ah, I never watched Cribs, and I hate rap music so I thought there was some sort of song that was sung relating to the movie.

I never watched Goodfellas before, though speaking of great movies I might watch The Shawshank Redemption tomorrow.

Ah Im no fan of rap music but I do know there are loads of rap songs that mention him, in fact I think theres even a rapper called Scarface as I said they kinda treat it like a religion as if its something we should all aspire to. As a film its brilliant though.

Ah do yourself a favour man if ya get a chance watch Goodfellas amazing film with De Niro and Joe Pesci at there finest a film I never get tired off. Shawshank is brilliant aswell Andy Dufresen is a brilliant character as is Warden Norton who everyone loves to hate :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ah, I never watched Cribs, and I hate rap music so I thought there was some sort of song that was sung relating to the movie.

I never watched Goodfellas before, though speaking of great movies I might watch The Shawshank Redemption tomorrow.

You should watch Goodfellas. Best gangster film ever made (as opposed to Godfather which is the best film about gangsters). Scarface is amazing and again what a phenomenal soundtrack. And it's pretty much the motivation behind Vice City, one of the greatest games ever made.
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    If you like Scarface, have a listen to The Ballad of Scarface by Steven Lynch. It's wonderful. pacman.gif

Ooh, I fcuking love the Shawshank Redemption. smile.png

Who doesn't? Although I'm always amazed at the amount of people that haven't seen it.

Ah Im no fan of rap music but I do know there are loads of rap songs that mention him, in fact I think theres even a rapper called Scarface as I said they kinda treat it like a religion as if its something we should all aspire to. As a film its brilliant though.

Ah do yourself a favour man if ya get a chance watch Goodfellas amazing film with De Niro and Joe Pesci at there finest a film I never get tired off. Shawshank is brilliant aswell Andy Dufresen is a brilliant character as is Warden Norton who everyone loves to hate :).

Funny how? Am I a clown here to amuse you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Orim wrote: »

Who doesn't? Although I'm always amazed at the amount of people that haven't seen it.

Absolutely none of my closest friends have seen it. Freaks, the lot of them! I'm a complete n00b with films, I rarely watch any, but jesus christ, even I've seen that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I consider Shawshank almost mandatory watching for people, it's just such an amazing film, alongside The Green Mile and the first pokemon film (seriously, I love that film so much).

• Advertisement

I consider Shawshank almost mandatory watching for people, it's just such an amazing film, alongside The Green Mile and the first pokemon film (seriously, I love that film so much).

I think I still have the special edition pokemon card that you got from seeing that in that cinema.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The runic looking Mew card? I wanted to get that, but they didn't have the card in my local cinema :(

Funny how? Am I a clown here to amuse you?

I've seen all of those too many times to count. :) I still have the first Pokemon movie on VHS. :pac:

The runic looking Mew card? I wanted to get that, but they didn't have the card in my local cinema frown.png

No i got a foil dragonite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Donnie Brasco is an often over looked film! Great gangster movie, and a must watch for any Johnny Depp fan!

Oh right, the Mew card was the second film.

I only watched that recently and it was really good. Probably one of Depps best films and Pacino was just plain old Pacino.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Donnie Brasco is an often over looked film! Great gangster movie, and a must watch for any Johnny Depp fan!

True another good Johnny Depp one I loved was Blow :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Sure, isn't that an every day occurance for you? :p

The cheek!!!! :eek::eek:
    I was -1 at that stage :p

Me too! /high 5 :p

Now, screw you guys, im away to watch the first Pokemon movie and cry my little eyes out!!

That scene when Ash turns to stone ;-;

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Night all!

I never really watched Pokemon think I was a bit old for that when it came around im more of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turltes and Mask generation :), but yehs all have me wanting to check out a Pokemon film.

Cupcake, I was joking! You're an adorable little drunk. :p Also, meant to tell you that I'm pretty positive we've done shots together in Hell on more than one occasion, I recognised ya the other day in your pic. :pac:

I can't sleep. Why, oh why did I drink 3 Red Bulls? :(

Cupcake, I was joking! You're an adorable little drunk. :p Also, meant to tell you that I'm pretty positive we've done shots together in Hell on more than one occasion, I recognised ya the other day in your pic. :pac:

We probably did :p if we ever meet up for drinks i'll just be like OMG, it's you!! :p

An adorable drunk.... actual LOL! Lets see how adorable i am tomorrow night.... there's gonna be champagne and shots... i may die....

We probably did :p if we ever meet up for drinks i'll just be like OMG, it's you!! :p

An adorable drunk.... actual LOL! Lets see how adorable i am tomorrow night.... there's gonna be champagne and shots... i may die....

Lol, I'll probably be too drunk to remember you. :pac:

Yeah, tomorrow is gonna be a messy night. I wasn't planning to do anything, but my presence has been demanded at a house party. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Next time I'm in Dublin I'm so going to Hell (that reads great :p). Everybody keeps saying it's really good.

Next time I'm in Dublin I'm so going to Hell (that reads great :p). Everybody keeps saying it's really good.

Next time you're in Dublin, gimme a shout and I'll buy ya a shot :)

I'm not a fan of Hell. Something about the layout puts me off.

Bruxies would be my number 1. Fibbers is always good for the cheap drinks along with generally better music from the djs imo (I remember they used to allow pits on the dance floor, them were the days :D) Poison is a good night since it moved to Andrew's Lane, that's a nice venue.

I think it's time for me to be off to bed. Night all.

I'm not a fan of Hell. Something about the layout puts me off.

Bruxies would be my number 1. Fibbers is always good for the cheap drinks along with generally better music from the djs imo (I remember they used to allow pits on the dance floor, them were the days :D) Poison is a good night since it moved to Andrew's Lane, that's a nice venue.

I think it's time for me to be off to bed. Night all.

I don't mind Bruxelles and I quite like Poison, but no amount of money would ever get me to go to Fibbers again as long as I live. The manager and one of the bouncers are complete and utter scumbags. I'm not even going to get into what complete bástards they are, I'd be here all night. :pac:

Night to whoever is going to sleep. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I don't mind Bruxelles and I quite like Poison, but no amount of money would ever get me to go to Fibbers again as long as I live. The manager and one of the bouncers are complete and utter scumbags. I'm not even going to get into what complete bástards they are, I'd be here all night. :pac:

Fibbers smells like feet.

And the walls are sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Work... >_<

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Fibbers smells more like piss in all fairness.

Anyone remember the time they found the dead rats in the wall and rather than dig them out they used tons of air freshners to "deaden" the smell??Now that was Fibbers at its best!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Fibbers smells more like piss in all fairness.

Anyone remember the time they found the dead rats in the wall and rather than dig them out they used tons of air freshners to "deaden" the smell??Now that was Fibbers at its best!!!

Downstairs in Fibbers (particularly the bottom of the stairs/tiled hall) has more in common with a sewage treatment plant than a pub/club.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

\o/ work!

I'll probably recognise ye all from Hell/Poison/Gypsy Rose too. Rarely in Bruxies or Fibs these days, there's just better places to be :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement