Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O.T.B 2.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Fúck yeah! My parents are booking the holiday they offered to my sisters and I in a few weeks. :D

They were trying to book it for September and I had a massive argument with them because they wanted me to take two weeks off of college for it, but I'm only starting back in college in September and don't want to take time off because I want to be getting straight As so need to work my backside off.

After several days of them saying they'd just give me money to go away myself, they've finally agreed to book it for July. Come July, I'll have two glorious weeks in the Indian Ocean, on three different islands, all for free.

HELL YES. :D:D:D

You know im savage at squeezing into suit cases ;)
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Anyways, who wants pineapple rum cake? I baked this earlier and it tastes heavenly! :D

Hmmm im not a big fan of pineapples but that does look delicious and I like cake so yeh count me in for a slice and a hearty one at that to :).

My Granny does be the funniest everytime she sees my arm she just laughs, then asks me does it rub out when I say no she laughs more and tells me im mad. This is despite my Grandad when he was alive having two tattoos on his forearms :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

You know im savage at squeezing into suit cases ;)

Hmm. I think I could make room, just for you. ;)

Hmm. I think I could make room, just for you. ;)

Bring it on free holdiay for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going to start saving at least a tenner a week towards my next tattoo so hopefully by the time my birthday rolls around in April, I can just get it done no problem. As for extreme haircuts, I might get an undercut like His Unholiness current rocks as at the very least it can be easily covered up but I want to wait until my hair gets past my jaw at the very least. At the moment I'm growing out an ill-advised cropped haircut and it looks like a slightly more deranged version of this. :)

In other news, I want to go out and party but I'm broke from Christmas/New Years so I'll have to make do with staying in playing board games and eating cake. :P
    BTW, anyone know where you can get Manic Panic hairdye in Dublin? I've used Stargazer bleaching kits before (much to my mother's horror when she came home one night to find me looking like Molly Weasley after a coke binge! XD) and they're fantastic at getting a canary yellow base but I've yet to use their colour dyes. I hear Manic Panic offers better longevity.

As for Shave or Dye, here's what it entails.

In other news, I want to go out and party but I'm broke from Christmas/New Years so I'll have to make do with staying in playing board games and eating cake. :P
    BTW, anyone know where you can get Manic Panic hairdye in Dublin? I've used Stargazer bleaching kits before (much to my mother's horror when she came home one night to find me looking like Molly Weasley after a coke binge! XD) and they're fantastic at getting a canary yellow base but I've yet to use their colour dyes. I hear Manic Panic offers better longevity.
    [/URL]

I'm going to make up a new recipe for chocolate cake. Usually I make a sticky, quadruple chocolate cake, but I'm gonna mess around til I make a nice one with white chocolate tomorrow after my bootcamp. :)

I don't know a single place in Ireland selling Manic Panic. The only place I ever managed to get it was in London in Cyberdog.

Just a side note - blue will fade REALLY fast, no matter what dye you use, because it's a cold colour. Cold colours fade super fast.

If you can order online, get Special Effects. It's arguably the best brand for unnatural colours but isn't available in Ireland.

• Advertisement

I'm going to make up a new recipe for chocolate cake. Usually I make a sticky, quadruple chocolate cake, but I'm gonna mess around til I make a nice one with white chocolate tomorrow after my bootcamp. :)

I don't know a single place in Ireland selling Manic Panic. The only place I ever managed to get it was in London in Cyberdog.

Just a side note - blue will fade REALLY fast, no matter what dye you use, because it's a cold colour. Cold colours fade super fast.

If you can order online, get Special Effects. It's arguably the best brand for unnatural colours but isn't available in Ireland.
    Sound. I just found the Manic Panic website and for a bleaching kit, Blue Pastel dye and delivery, it's £25 which seems pretty reasonable.
    I'm not really worried about the dye fading as I only plan on having blue hair for a month. Unless it looks truely epic on me, I'll probably be likely to dye my hair back to cosmic blu-black.
    Still, t'is a long way off but I want to be ready so I thank you all for the advice. :)

On the subject of cake, have you tried Nigella Lawson's Guinness cake recipe? MOTHER OF GOD, IT IS GLORIOUS. The cream cheese frosting makes it even more heavenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

My parents despise my tattoos

My mother (and I joke you not) has written into her will that I am to receive 1,000 less per tattoo that my siblings :O
    I think she said it years ago joking but has actually since made true on her threats :D
    She says I'm down 7k so far but I've tried to explain that some take a few sessions and that they're only technically 1 (bigger) piece when I add onto something.

Sound. I just found the Manic Panic website and for a bleaching kit, Blue Pastel dye and delivery, it's £25 which seems pretty reasonable.
    I'm not really worried about the dye fading as I only plan on having blue hair for a month. Unless it looks truely epic on me, I'll probably be likely to dye my hair back to cosmic blu-black.
    Still, t'is a long way off but I want to be ready so I thank you all for the advice. :)

On the subject of cake, have you tried Nigella Lawson's Guinness cake recipe? MOTHER OF GOD, IT IS GLORIOUS. The cream cheese frosting makes it even more heavenly.

Blue won't last for a month, you'll be lucky to get a week and a half out of it, so I'd buy two or three bottles if I were you. I used to use Manic Panic and Special Effects when I had blue hair and I had to dye it every week without fail.

Nope, never tried it 'cause I can't eat cake. I'm allergic to milk, so can only really eat vegan cakes. I mainly make cake for other people and just make up my own recipes. :)

niallam wrote: »
    My mother (and I joke you not) has written into her will that I am to receive 1,000 less per tattoo that my siblings :O
    I think she said it years ago joking but has actually since made true on her threats :D
    She says I'm down 7k so far but I've tried to explain that some take a few sessions and that they're only technically 1 (bigger) piece when I add onto something.
    What a delightfully small minded view of the world.
    My folks generally roll their eyes when I talk about getting tats but at least they know that I don't take chosing a studio/artist lightly. They tried to talk me out of my first tat by pulling the old shpiel of "ohhh, you'll wreck your body/ how are you going to look when you're 80?/ you'll never get a job/you'll have to cover up/etc" in a bid to sway me.
    It's a load of bull****. I'm old enough now to make my own mind up and frankly, I'm going to be old and wrinkly when I'm 80- might as well have an interesting set of ink to entertain the grandkids! :D
    My mother's probably the most open minded when it comes to tattoos- strangely, she gets more miffed at the notion of me getting extreme haircuts/colours than new tattoos.
    I honestly don't know anymore...
    Still, I'm not going to let my family hold me back. So what if it causes an arguement- at the end of the day, my body is my temple and I'll decorate the walls with all the art *I* like. :)

Anyhoo, going to bow out for now. Going to head into town onFriday to pop into Skin City and chat to Danny- I hope they allow walk in consultations or do I have to call ahead?
    Also going to get some sushi because I have the biggest craving for fishy food that just won't go away. (Careful now! XD)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

What a delightfully small minded view of the world.

She's old skool :D hates them with a passion, got my first at 17 and that was 17 years ago now.
    Starting full back piece very soon, she'll love that lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Going to head into town onFriday to pop into Skin City and chat to Danny- I hope they allow walk in consultations or do I have to call ahead?

No worries with walk ins!

Adiboo wrote: »
    No worries with walk ins!
    Yay! *snoopy dance*
    For anyone wondering what my first tattoo looks like, here's the only picture I have of it. I'll update the "Show Me Yours" thread with a picture of it all healed up after a year and a half when I get some sleep.
    I got this one half out of being a total nerd and half out of the fact that ever since the movie came out I've been doodling the symbols on my wrist. Felt natural enough to have it as my first tat as it's a fairly straight-forward design. Only took 20 minutes or so to get inked because of it's simplicity but SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS! When the needle went over the thin skin over my wrist's vein, I wanted to scream.
    Sore as hell but well worth it. Healed up fantastically with no weeping or scabbing thanks to me slathering it religiously with Bephantine every hour.

234760.jpg

Ah yeh I remember seeing that tattoo if I remember correctly it has something to do with the Fifth Element? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ah yeh I remember seeing that tattoo if I remember correctly it has something to do with the Fifth Element? :o

Have you not seen fifth element? :O

Why does shocked face show as embarrassed? :s

Orim wrote: »
    Have you not seen fifth element? :O

Why does shocked face show as embarrassed? :s

Ah I have yeh but its been a while the memorys a bit hazy of it, was that the symbols on the rocks? I need to re watch that film :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ah I have yeh but its been a while the memorys a bit hazy of it, was that the symbols on the rocks? I need to re watch that film :o.

Leeloo had it on on her wrist. Each one was probably on the rocks as they represent each of the elements.

I only watched it recently. Great film. Chris rock and Gary Goldman are brilliant. Makes me watch twelve monkeys again for some reason.

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR!
    One of my all-time favorite movies. I just love the symbols. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Orim wrote: »

Leeloo had it on on her wrist. Each one was probably on the rocks as they represent each of the elements.

I only watched it recently. Great film. Chris rock and Gary Goldman are brilliant. Makes me watch twelve monkeys again for some reason.
    Gary Oldman's not bad either... :pac: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Trying to get tablets into a very clever dog when you're barely awake is so stressful. Finally fooled her with cheese. I win!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've been mad to shave a part of my head - had it done before but my hair was much shorter. I've had my hair the same colour for a few months now - tis fairly white and while I'd love to add a bit of colour to it, it's taken me so long to get it this colour I ain't in a rush to go pink on it.

Just on the blue hair dyes, if your hair is very very pale/white, it'll last much longer. Also red-based cold blues will last much longer than purpley/violet-based blues. I ordered all my SFX from BeeUnique, and they provide a really good service but I also just use Crazy Colour (it's in a pink bottle, you can get it in Terrisales on Middle Abbey St or Nutgrove SC) and it's just as good as SFX IMO for half the price.

In other news, I've added Hell And Back (the one in Summer time) as one of my resolutions for the new year. Just waiting for my chest ickness to clear up then training shall commence :D

• Advertisement

Red hair dye is an absolute bitch to get rid of. I had my hair bright red for over a year, Im still getting rid of it!

i have purple in the ends of mine now and love it. Crazy colour had a sale on and i couldn't resist.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I think I'm gonna put a streak of something in mine at some stage, but it'll be a blue or purple as I don't wanna ruin the white-ness of the hair at the moment. I had red in it too during the summer, I found that ColourB4 was great for getting rid of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

What kinda dog? My vet was saying that there's been a huge rise in my breed (bichon frise) over the last 18 months or so and a LOT of them are coming in with pretty major genetic complication. They've become really popular lately and are being farmed to within an inch of their lives!

only back online now - am bichon frise??? no no no haha mine is a German Shepherd haha also have there own problems with bad breeders and farming! ****ers!! I read there as well u had a bit of bother givin the tablet?? when Milly was younger id half any tablets she needed and put um into a slice of sausage! always worked! but now she'll just eat anything haha if its in her bowl its food haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I cannot get the pink to fade out of my hair!! Go away pink!

My mam has a bichon frise. Most stupid dog in the world, not a brain in her head.

jenizzle wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna put a streak of something in mine at some stage, but it'll be a blue or purple as I don't wanna ruin the white-ness of the hair at the moment. I had red in it too during the summer, I found that ColourB4 was great for getting rid of it!

Someone told me that that absolutely stinks, so I just got heavy handed with the bleach. My hair hates me. Just whacked some pink and purple in mine there for the laugh. Blonde hair and spare time are a lethal combination :rolleyes:
    gregers85 wrote: »
    only back online now - am bichon frise??? no no no haha mine is a German Shepherd haha also have there own problems with bad breeders and farming! ****ers!! I read there as well u had a bit of bother givin the tablet?? when Milly was younger id half any tablets she needed and put um into a slice of sausage! always worked! but now she'll just eat anything haha if its in her bowl its food haha

I lobbed it in a slice of crackerbarrel and she gobbled it up. Silly doggy!

One of my Bichon's is quite bright, easy to train and obedient, the other is an absolute moron, walks into walls and barks at the mop. Guess which one is my favourite :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

One of my Bichon's is quite bright, easy to train and obedient, the other is an absolute moron, walks into walls and barks at the mop. Guess which one is my favourite :p

has to be the wall walker - gotta love a comedian haha :p

gregers85 wrote: »
    has to be the wall walker - gotta love a comedian haha :p

Ah, I wouldn't say he's my favourite, but he loves a good cuddle on the couch, and the other lady likes her space. Also she is technically my mams dog, whereas he is mine. He's sitting on my feet as we type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He's sitting on my feet as we type

We...?
    He types with you?

We...?
    He types with you?

I can't teach him how to give me the paw, but I have thought him how to type!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Tattoo done and dusted! I'll stick up a picture once I get the cling film and blood off :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement